What ball would you hit?

cozzmokramer

Addicted to Softballfans
We play in a 'hit your own ball' league and there is no real limitations on ball. What ball would you hit? I apologize if this question has been asked a million times. I am just a bit confused about the .cor and compression ratings.

deafie

We play in a 'hit your own ball' league and there is no real limitations on ball. What ball would you hit? I apologize if this question has been asked a million times. I am just a bit confused about the .cor and compression ratings.

If there is no limitations, i'd grab the .47 COR, 525 compression balls. There are super hard ones that you can order online like the Worth 650's.

If you can't hit it out with a 47-525 I dont know what to tell ya.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
I would look at the Evil Hot Max or Maximum Distance Guru's. The Worth 650's will kill your bat.

Last edited:

cozzmokramer

Addicted to Softballfans
Last year, we hit the Thunder Advances I am pretty sure. Those things flew. This year we lost the guy who bought balls for us and some one else in charge of the balls and he bought some ASA balls. Everyone hates em and I got put in charge of finding some new ones.

I was looking at the Worth 650's... don't know much about them. I see that they are a .50 cor, but I don't understand how that relates to the compression? Thanks for any help.

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
my favs are the trumps with vapor block or micro cell, seems like they allways spin perfect off the bat and last a long time.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
I was looking at the Worth 650's... don't know much about them. I see that they are a .50 cor, but I don't understand how that relates to the compression? Thanks for any help.

It doesn't...COR is unrelated to the compression. COR is short for coefficient of restitution, or in layman's terms how "bouncy" a ball is. The compression is the measurement of how much force is required to compress the ball 1/4". It's possible to construct something with a high COR/low comp, or low COR/high comp (though it likely won't be a "standard" ball construction).

In the end, Launch 650s will obliterate your bats in short order unless you're swinging sticks made for the older, harder balls, or wood. If you're all swinging Z-Core ConneXions or bamboo Vipers, go for it...if you're swinging composites, forget it.

If you want balls that are easier on the bats, while still flying, consider buying ISA or NSA balls. Both will easily outdistance ASA balls. Balls like the .47/525 balls are flirting with disaster with well broken in composites, but are definitely fun to hit.

deafie

Yea.. The older Dudley Thunders are awesome... I picked up quite a few.. .47 cor, and these things are fun as all heck to hit.

ckelley7

Addicted to Softballfans
44/525 balls. Hit up DOCE, he has some trump xrock 44/525 balls. They fly and last a long time

Cubslover

Certified Mother****er
If I could hit ANY ball, it'd be the Evil ASA HOT. My BP bucket has Super Dupers, Ultimate Evils, 47/525s, All kinds of Thunder ZNs, etc. When hitting off a tee, the HOTs are with all the good balls, but beyond the ZNs even. Plus they won't wreck your bat like hitting 600+ comp balls, and I don't think ANYone would have trouble loosing the HOTs. I can't explain it, they're wicked hot, and last FOREVER.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
1st choice, Evil 44 Hot Max 44-575
p-16201.jpg

2nd choice, Evil ISA Microcell
MP-EVIL-ISA-Y.jpg

nanne1

I like the Decker Big Shark .44 525 leather cover. That ball is hard, will fly, and lasts forever. I've got some in my bp bucket that are over 5 years old, were hit countless times in games and bp, and still fly like crazy. A great and durable ball.

Dudley Thunder Advance or ZN in a .44 525 or .47 500 will fly. Maybe better than the Big Shark.

The Trump X Rock .44 525 that was mentioned is ridiculous. I found one at the local park. It now has a torn cover and still flies.

O.K. now that I think about it, basically anything .44 500 or better will work.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
just get on eghey and buy blue dots. They are cheap, last forever and you will hit bombs. Just don't take bp with them.