What Bat / Bats did you use for Spring-Summer league and will you use them for the Fall?

lakeyale13

Manager
Just finished up our Spring / Summer league and gonna start our Fall season in a couple of weeks. I started out swinging the WFF and tried everything from DC-41, Bubba Club, and Anarchy. Landed on the Demarini DB44 Juggy.

Just a phenomenal bat that I am amazed that more people don't use. I was the only person I saw all season long use a Juggy. I will continue to swing her into the Fall and hope she remains durable in lower temps.

What about everyone else?

jstn8887

Addicted to Softballfans
I say swing what you've got in the fall/low temps for USSSA. They're going to be banned in two years anyway, so who cares if it breaks? Heck, if it breaks now, it may still even be under warranty and you may get a new bat.

whiteshark99

Addicted to Softballfans
Started the season swinging a Freak Platinum Maxload until I was able to get my hands on a Nitrous. Now there's no way I can put the Anarchy down.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
orange ressy/ orange harvey
orange ressy fulk for asa until NJ gets actual cold....

cold temps I hate playing and pick the games I'll go then it's a combat Blue rogo because I don't care if it cracks...

jkwoody22

League ball huer
18 Bb legit for asa, raw steel for singlewall, both 52 /300 and omega 2 phenix endload for asa/bp and a possible nsa or utrip tourney, Sacramento, Ca so night temps would be 70-60s oct/nov then maybe in the high 50s for games, probably 80-90s for day games, right now it’s 98 and night temps in the 80’s, league fall ball starts this week

Last edited:

chile

Bad Ape
Swung a wide range of bats - 19 KP23, TPS, 13 AM and a bunch of anarchies... All asa. For the one tourney I played - red Nautty.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I had been swinging a 16 usa am and a 15 og am for most of the year. Decided to go back to my roots which is flex handle with a big el. 4 bats in the bag now are; OG asa RD28, 18 asa juggy, 18 db44 and a green deuce ( 1st batch w/ no nsa stamp. ). Senior ball is Dudley red knob and RD gold 12" el.

Last edited:

D-ROCK13

27 oz 2017 Helmer flex usssa and 28oz Bubba Club, I always swing what I bring, no matter the temps

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
picked up a B4 and jeezus this thing is great. I put down my dual z2k and may not pick it up. also got a st98 and been working that in.

blakcherry329

orange ressy/ orange harvey
orange ressy fulk for asa until NJ gets actual cold....

cold temps I hate playing and pick the games I'll go then it's a combat Blue rogo because I don't care if it cracks...
I just bought a Miken Primo(first new bat in a while), so I won't be using that in the cold. I'll switch to my indestructable Blackout and SY100, along with some assorted metal for the heck of it.

Where in NJ do you play?

Theseaduck

The Veteran
I'm south jersey
bricktown ,
tomsriver and further south bayville

brick is nsa anything ( even old bats and old stamps)
tomsriver is asa but it's- run what ya brung - as long as it passes compression testing
bayville asa only
I play a few tourneys but Sunday double time money

I've been swinging my 2017 baker all summer, and I'll continue to play it. If it breaks, I'll but a WFF to hold me over until the new stamp comes

blakcherry329

I'm south jersey
bricktown ,
tomsriver and further south bayville

brick is nsa anything ( even old bats and old stamps)
tomsriver is asa but it's- run what ya brung - as long as it passes compression testing
bayville asa only
I play a few tourneys but Sunday double time money
Oh, ok. I play in the tourneys down in Brick, Lakewood, and Toms River. NJ Wiseguys this year. We sucked, big time. lol
I play modified up north in North Bergen/Jersey City areas, too.

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll swing the same bat I've been using most of the year. 19 FF2 is still under warranty until next March, so I'll swing it until it blows....

dunkky

anybody wanna trade db44 from 18 to 19 for omega 2 carbon? That alloy handle sounds intriguing.

Jtoddabq

Started out with an 18 twisted mistress then started using a 19 z1k. Really like the z1k and will keep using it through the fall.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
OG torch. a zillion hits and just won't stop annihilating balls. in the fall when its cold its basically a rocket launcher.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Started the year with last year's Easton VET. Switched to the WFF for 50 at bats and ran my numbers with it and saw I was below a .500 avg with it so I switched back to my VET and not looking back. I think the shorter barrel fits my swing better. For ASA I swung my Freak12 20th anniversary balanced from last year and hit .790 with it. Switched to this year's KP23 for a few games and the endload was too much for me. Still went 8-13 with it but I just wasn't comfortable swinging it. So I'll end the year with what I started with for both associations.