What does your league do about Rainouts

StumblinDrunks

Addicted to Softballfans
I am just curious as to what other leagues do as far as making up rain outs. Do you do a double header the next week, add a week to the end of the season, make it up on a different day on a different field. Our league director is an idiot and was just curious as to how other places handle rain outs.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
We have an extra time slot so we make it up as a double header eventually at some point in the year. Some leagues have a few weeks in between summer/fall ball for this reason too.

StumblinDrunks

Addicted to Softballfans
Last year we had to go across town to another park to make up on another day. Now all of a sudden the next week we have a double header. They flip flop so much.

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
he probably does it where he can get them in. its not easy during the summer to find open fields as they are mostly all reserved in the winter/spring for the following year. I would say he is doing the best he can to get your games in....

CD#5

Addicted to Softballfans
Last year they tried to put it on a sunday when we usually play on tuesdays and they called our coach friday night telling him about the makeup game. We have 2 that we have to makeup. Were hoping for a double header day. Good luck bro, just keep calling and asking them so that you know ASAP for your teammates sake

palmim

Addicted to Softballfans
Little bit of each added days at the end of the year and doubleheaders if feasible

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I have some league that make them up at the end of the year, and others that just eliminate the games. A fall league was like that this past year, and became a complete joke because of all the rainouts.

MF'N MGR

Addicted to Softballfans
one league does it really official and sets aside 3 rainout dates for the entire season, so that they are known and everyone has enough time to schedule them in......however the other league we play does not have that type of system and typically turns into a meltdown for the LD...i'm talking endless streams of emails to all of the captains trying to find a date and then it ends up on a day that's so short of a notice for the teams that all of the captains have to scramble for ringers, but knowing my luck I get the guys who supposedly "hit bombs" and have holes in their friggin gloves.

MrEye

Addicted to Softballfans
We have a week between the last week and end of season tournament for rainouts. In my Sunday league we've never had more than one week rainout.

Now, the Monday and Tuesday leagues I ump for the LD is screwed! We've had 3 weeks rainout and only have 2 weeks between summer and fall ball. He was complaining the other night about teams that can't makeup on a Wed or Thur. I'm thinking, "Dude, most of these guys play 4, 5 nights a week."

surf24

ADDICTED TO SOMETHING NEW
Our league makes them up in the first available open field and time slot. Last year we had so many rainouts that the LD started having all rain makeups on Sunday afternoons and for 2 weeks after regular season was over. All the rain make ups had to be completed before the end of season playoffs were played.

StumblinDrunks

Addicted to Softballfans
That is my complaint. This tuesday was a rainout so today he puts that we have a double header the next week. Make up game is at 7:30, we are going to start playing on a field they don't even take care of. Horrible field. Our regular game is set for 8:30. So if our first game runs late it is going to screw everything up. I just hate knowing last minute and the LD acting like he has no idea what is going on.

I like the idea of setting dates for rain outs so people are aware of whats going on and can plan ahead. We have never had a season with out at least 2 rain outs to be made up.