What is the best ASA Bat DEAL in the SBF store?

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
OK. I know y'All hate the "what bat is best?" -threads... but this one is a little different, and supports this forum.

I am looking at finally dropping a little $ and getting a nice, new composite bomber.

I also want to help to support SBF and this valuable(and fun) resource (SBF Forum) and buy it from here.

It's not so much about which bat is best, but which one in there now is the best bang for the buck.

Oh, and it has to be ASA (just to make it harder for you to do).

I am thinking it may be this one...

http://www.softballfans.com/shop/product.php?productid=503&cat=200&page=1 (2010 Miken Freak DST Maxload now 25% Off)

Which is best value in your eyes? And it does not have to be on sale...

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
I really do think that this bunch knows about as much about bats as any group around, and this is not something I can really search for answer (since it is timely to NOW in the store), so thought I would ask for opinions this way...

Toph

Addicted to Softballfans
Either the Salvo or the SB98. Salvo comes with warranty if that matters to ya.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow. More responses than I would have thought, and good ones. Thanks!

Bats to check out more closely...

Z1000
ASA 454
Salvo
SB98

So, Freak DST is not a good choice? Any reason why? Miken issues?

I had seen on another site where this had a large number of ratings/reviews and solid scores (vs high scores, but only few ratings/reviews).

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Not the Asa stick! all the durra durability isssues have been with the Utrip z's

Good to know. I had ruled that out before for this reason.

What was issue with U-Trip?

Also, don't both bats/orgs have the same 1.2 BPF (?) standard for rebound/hotness? What is difference between them then? Confusing...

LikeMiken

Starting Player
the dst maxload is an awesome ASA bat. I have a brand new one and it is hot right now. really feels good. Planning on using it in an Asa league over the summer

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh, and as a follow-up, it is my understanding that as far as ASA is concerned there is no difference (for co-ed rec, at least) between fast and slow pitch bats. Both use same standard.

And I'm pretty sure our league admin agreed. Just has to have the ASA seal. Fast-Slow is just to market it to different groups (aka girls). Either is OK for slow.

So, if that is true, are there then SBF Store Fast Pitch bats that may be even better bang-for-buck than those mentioned so far?

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
the dst maxload is an awesome ASA bat. I have a brand new one and it is hot right now. really feels good. Planning on using it in an Asa league over the summer

Duly noted.

I'm starting to get the feeling that ANY $300 bat is a good bat (vs metal, at least)...

karma_energy

Addicted to Softballfans
Care to elaborate?

I'm sure I know the site you're talking about....jb?....I bought the bat b/c reviews off there....I have prob about 400 hits between myself and others on it....It's been nothing but a log......Could just be the one I have but I wish I would have went a different route....

P.S. Miken is my fave manufac but due to my experience and others I've seen hit w/ it...I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Sixes

K C C O
beast deal in my opinion would be the 2012 TPS z1000 due to the price, durability and the fact its returnable.

I currently have the 2011 version and i go back and forth between it and my SCN3 during games.

jbrennan51488

Addicted to Softballfans
Im a miken fan too but the dst is not one of their better bats.

as for the thread question, either the z1000 or the SB98. Both great bats, and great prices.

And if you do want to buy one send a personal message to coach. He can give you member pricing on a bat on save you even more than the sale prices most likely.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Im a miken fan too but the dst is not one of their better bats.

as for the thread question, either the z1000 or the SB98. Both great bats, and great prices.

And if you do want to buy one send a personal message to coach. He can give you member pricing on a bat on save you even more than the sale prices most likely.

OK. So Coach has something to do with SBF, I guess - Good to know, as I wanted to keep the $ here...

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Sixes sig is intruiging...

How many times I have been asked "what the hell is that" when swinging a TPS Z1000 (ASA): 4