What is the best backpack for "glove guys" separate roomy compartment

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Sorry if you Don't like the section I posted this in, or if this is a redundant question. I wanted this answered by "glove guys"

I'm in the market for a new softball backpack, and want to know if somebody makes a pack with a roomy separate compartment for a glove/or two.

like to find something that basically has a compartment for gloves, shoes, clothes, bats, and something quick access for wallet/keys/phone... All separate.

Any information on quality, options, price range, Model number, and color options would be great. Thanks in advance.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
My teammate has the Anderson and the 3 separate zipper compartments stuck out to me. I have the Diamond now and it's just 1 giant compartment (I usually have 4-6 gloves in there) and a smaller bottom shoe compartment (where I keep the balls).

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Diamond Diesel Boost bag with wheels and backpack straps. 5 bats, 2 glove pockets, shoe compartment, key/cell phone pocket. Son's is about 3 years old, mine is 2. He likes the wheels, I like the backpack.

RustyShakleford

Anderson. I used to have 2 gloves in the middle compartment with a couple softballs and my gamer in the top compartment with my Rip-It mask.

jd10

Came to make a bang
I love the demarini black ops backpack. Very roomy, when hung kinda has a nice shelf area. And if you set it down, it doesnt fall over.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
I'll check it out the review. I don't want a bag with just one big opening. Turfs one slot. Gloves one slot. Clothes another slot. At least 2 bats. Small opening for keys, phone, wallet easily access.
I might need to also check out miken xl.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Jd10.. Nice review. I'm doing the same thing you did. Coming from a mizuno bag I never liked. Not enough pockets. Won't stand up usually when on ground. Hate pull strings around bats. Black ops might be a consideration. Only thing I don't like is amount of pockets. Beautiful looking bag.

jd10

Came to make a bang
Thanks bones. Ive had it for three full seasons and its still in great shape. So thats another bonus...it'll last :)

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Easton 5 Tool has a seperate semi-hard shell compartment on the top for your glove. It also has a foam-filled triangular piece that velcros in for you to put your glove over to maintain its shape. If you removed the triangle and just put balls in your gloves, you could easily fit 2-3 in there.

ghunt25

I use the Black Ops as well. If you wear turfs all the time, no need for the shoe compartment in the bottom. Use that for your gloves.

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
If you wear turfs all the time, no need for the shoe compartment in the bottom. Use that for your gloves.

^^^^^ for sure. I showed the shoe compartment with shoes in it on my iX3, but rarely have shoes in there. Generally softballs and other miscellaneous items. Lots of good bag/batpack options out there these days.

I will say that the iX3 can fit 2 gloves comfortably with a shelf in there (3 if you leave the gloves closed). 3 gloves w/out a shelf (4 if you leave gloves closed). Bottom compartment can fit one glove w/ or w/out a shelf.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
You know that's a great point. I normally just wear my turfs because they are comfy, yet when I go straight from work or travel I normally have them in my back pack. I'd prefer a slot for my turfs, but I guess it's not a deal breaker. I don't carry a helmet or mask so I could grab a bag designed for them and use that slot for extra gloves. I guess my preference would be 3 divided compartments. As picky as that sounds.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
In all honesty all suggested bags would be better than this cheap mizuno I've been using. The Anderson, and diamond are nice. The black ops looks the best. I'm going to take a look at that Easton 5 tool, and Miken XL.

Anybody like the miken XL?

The thing I hate about this cheap mizuno I own:
1. Crappy bat straps. Bats Come lose from bag.
2. Bag will not usually stand up by itself without falling over.
3. Small Shoe area gets smashed in from the one big compartment
4. I don't like balls, gloves, hats, clothes, paper work all smashed in one area.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I'm going to highly recommend the Anderson bag. Probably my favorite bag and the only reason I switched was that carrying around 4 bats plus 2-3 gloves plus turfs was just heavy lifting in and out of the trunk of the car. I switched to a roller for nights I need to bring more bats/gloves and a black ops bag when I don't need all that other gear. I haven't used the Diamond iX bag but I do know the Anderson has 3 separate compartments, one for turfs one for glove/helmet and one for miscellaneous stuff. It can stand on its own if you lean it against the fence and individual slots for 4 bats with Velcro straps to make sure they don't bounce around or out of the bag

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
The thing I hate about this cheap mizuno I own:

2. Bag will not usually stand up by itself without falling over.

Build a cheap stand with just about any batpack/bag and this problem will no longer be an issue.

MaverickAH

Honestly, unless you're extremely anal, you only need 2 inexpensive things to keep your glove protected:
  1. A cheap nylon bag w/pull string
  2. A ball to keep in you glove pocket

Outside of these don't put your glove in the same compartment that you keep wet clothes or shoes in & let your glove air out thoroughly when playing in humid conditions. keep your glove in a car trunk is also a no-no.

The only additional thing that I do from time to time is to tie my glove up with a rubber tourniquet straps. It holds the ball in the pocket, is tension adjustable & wide enough not to cause any indentations in the leather.

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
The Anderson bag looks like the Chita bag, decent but I like the Diamond bag better despite the lack of a built in shelf.

Hitter

Addicted to Softballfans
It sounds like the Anderson fits exactly what you are looking for. 3 separate compartments. I store my shoes on the bottom in the ventilated compartment. In the middle compartment I have my glove, wristbands, batting gloves, and hard shell case for my sunglasses instead of a second glove. In the top compartment I use it as a catchall for my other glove, balls, etc. The top compartment is big enough to fit a helmet in there if needed. I've had mine about 5 seasons, and I don't know about the new ones but my version has a zippered slot between the bottom and the middle which you could use for a scorebook. I use it to hold a long sleeve shirt for those nights it's cold.

This is the bag I currently own and unfortunately it has seen better days and I am now in the need for a new bag. I a torn in between getting the easton walk off bag and the marucci hitters elite. I am looking between these two because they come in realtree. Does anyone own these or have seen them and give some insight? The only other bag I would be interested in, is the easton 5 tool. I am leaning towards the 5 tool but I am afraid it might be too big. Again I have No experience with any of these bags and would like to know what would be the best option? Any help would be most appreciated. Sorry to the og poster if I might be intruding.