What is your favorite bat of all time?

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
I Owned the Combat Derby Boys ASA. the orange one. we were still using 375 balls and that thing was check swinging balls out of the yard. halfway through the 2nd year (where we had switched to 52's) it sounded like a maracha. it was still unbelievable. They sent me a BHOSE wanted in return and it was good but not anywhere near as good as that DBASA. I still own it without the disc.

runners up Freak100 and Original Torch.

yance

Addicted to Softballfans
First place Anaconda "gray" b1 the bomb.
close second place "white" Combat Centinarian 10 inch barrel

Last edited:

trippy1313

Starting Player
I'm changing my answer from the 2018 Bubba Club to the 2019 FF2 10".
Hahahaha. Had some more time to hit with now huh?

Got any extras you wanna sell? I'm expecting a used FF2 tomorrow but I might have cracked the used Bubba I bought. I'll find out Thursday if my games dont get rained out. Lol.

lukeamdman

FF2 10" is just better than the Bubba Club. It swings nicer, has more endload, and is hotter out of the wrapper.

It isn't that I don't like the Bubba Club, but the 10" beats it easily.

Agreed.

This year I've used both quite a bit, but the FF2 is the clear winner. More pop, larger sweet spot, more end load, and I also think the handle is stiffer. Clear winner.

During a game last night I clearly missed this one around the 34:00 mark, but it was still around 350':

FF2 FTW!

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Agreed.

This year I've used both quite a bit, but the FF2 is the clear winner. More pop, larger sweet spot, more end load, and I also think the handle is stiffer. Clear winner.

During a game last night I clearly missed this one around the 34:00 mark, but it was still around 350':

FF2 FTW!
FF2 10" just has "sneaky pop". You don't even have to smash a ball purely to see good distance. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well the bat performs. It does well in the heat too.

trippy1313

Starting Player
Well I'll tell ya what. Finally found a 10" FF2 a week ago. Tonight was the first time I've got to use it. Double header.

Led off the first game, first pitch of the game I "mis-hit" under it, about 330ft for a solo shot. . 300ft fences.

We play progressive hrs so I swung a different bat the rest of that game. Another guy hit one over for an out.

2nd game I went down low for one and put it 30ft high into the trees 10ft behind the fence. This time I had two runners. Lol.

3rd and final time I knocked one off the cap mid-outfield, shoulda been an out but they played me deep so I stretched an out into a double. Lol.

Needless to say except for the cap shot I'm amazed. Thought I'd have a hard time hitting the short barrel in a good spot.

Might need to find another.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Well I'll tell ya what. Finally found a 10" FF2 a week ago. Tonight was the first time I've got to use it. Double header.

Led off the first game, first pitch of the game I "mis-hit" under it, about 330ft for a solo shot. . 300ft fences.

We play progressive hrs so I swung a different bat the rest of that game. Another guy hit one over for an out.

2nd game I went down low for one and put it 30ft high into the trees 10ft behind the fence. This time I had two runners. Lol.

3rd and final time I knocked one off the cap mid-outfield, shoulda been an out but they played me deep so I stretched an out into a double. Lol.

Needless to say except for the cap shot I'm amazed. Thought I'd have a hard time hitting the short barrel in a good spot.

Might need to find another.

For being such a short barreled bat, the FF2 10" is surprisingly easy to hit with. I lined a nice HR out with mine yesterday. 90 degrees, and the balls (Pro Ms) were mush. This bat handles lousy balls well.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
We had a Blur probably 10 years ago on one team, you'd hit 50 balls in a row that felt mediocre and distance was comparable to single wall alloy, then you'd hit 1 ball that would absolutely blow your mind, like 50 ft further and feel fantastic. Then 50 more mediocre 😂 Made no sense at all. Sweet spot must have been dime sized on one spot on the barrel only
I finally read through the entire thread. oh man the blur. How you just literally described it to a T. I got one cheap and it was basically brand new. We hit probably 10 buckets of blue dots over the course of a few days and even then it just sounded like a turd. like you were swining a solid plastic wiffle ball bat. just dead. and then all of the sudden you'd hit one and the ball would just rocket out. and we'd just stare at each other.

A guy eventually convinced me to let him take it and roll it which he did. and it didn't help like at all. so he took it back and rolled it again and the first swing the bat broke spectacularly.

PST 137 long barrel 30oz. ^^^that guy would probably agree (except the 30oz part)

This is definitely one of the greatest bats i've ever swung. mine was a 28oz shortbarrel. i bought it at a minneapolis Play it Again sports for 29.99. My #2 bat of all time.

So I guess If I had to list my favorite bats in some order it would be :

DBASA (orange)
PST137
Steeles Alien XLT (this one has a special place. Was given the bat by a guy who played conference ball in the late 90's but got hurt and gave it to me as he was done. this ball turned a 180lb scrawny kid into a HR hitter. nobody had every heard of it. people were accusing me of having a cheater bat. it was great)
Freak100
OG Torch

Normy

I finally read through the entire thread. oh man the blur. How you just literally described it to a T. I got one cheap and it was basically brand new. We hit probably 10 buckets of blue dots over the course of a few days and even then it just sounded like a turd. like you were swining a solid plastic wiffle ball bat. just dead. and then all of the sudden you'd hit one and the ball would just rocket out. and we'd just stare at each other.

A guy eventually convinced me to let him take it and roll it which he did. and it didn't help like at all. so he took it back and rolled it again and the first swing the bat broke spectacularly.

This is definitely one of the greatest bats i've ever swung. mine was a 28oz shortbarrel. i bought it at a minneapolis Play it Again sports for 29.99. My #2 bat of all time.

So I guess If I had to list my favorite bats in some order it would be :

DBASA (orange)
PST137
Steeles Alien XLT (this one has a special place. Was given the bat by a guy who played conference ball in the late 90's but got hurt and gave it to me as he was done. this ball turned a 180lb scrawny kid into a HR hitter. nobody had every heard of it. people were accusing me of having a cheater bat. it was great)
Freak100
OG Torch
Orange here as well.