What is your favorite bat of all time?

TheKid33

Star Player
So I’m in the market for a new bat for the first time since 2014.. I’ve only ever bought 3 bats in 11 years playing softball. They all lasted a good while. One was a 2014 worth legit 27 oz. (for reference all of the bats I swing are for the most part 27 oz USSSA balanced). Amazing bat and hit the most home runs with it. It broke in 2 after a few years of moderate use. I also bought a 2014 Sick Resmondo BJ Fulk- thing was hot as hell out of the wrapper and pretty much hot for the rest of that season, and was a solid bat the next few years until it just became a dud.

It was about 2017 that I started to use other teammates bats. In 2019 I had a teammate give me an Easton Ronin that still had some life in it, which lasted basically through 2020 and was a pretty nice bat for a singles hitter.

Last season I used my buddy’s DC-41 2019, and I enjoy that bat which is weird bc I was not too comfortable swinging the older DC-41’s. But it reminded me a bit of the old legit that I had.

None of these compare to the best bat of all time (in my opinion): the 2012 Worth Mayhem.. this thing still has some buzz left in it from when I took it out of my gamer rotation 5 years ago. It was my first bat and best bat. Part of me I guess doesn’t want to swing the rest of the life out of it for nostalgic reasons. The other part tells myself I’m just saving it for a championship game situation. It’s not your ideal home run hitters bat I’ll be damned if I didn’t hit a good amount out with it. Pissing singles and doubles into the gaps on all parts of the field.. bat is place hitter’s dream and a defense’s nightmare! (The grip is lizard skins that I replaced the stock grip with after a few years.. looks pretty dope)

Attachments

• EA088384-5D87-4104-9142-02C3F5884CF5.jpeg
    EA088384-5D87-4104-9142-02C3F5884CF5.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 21

blakcherry329

My first composite was my favorite. 30oz Ultra II. $288 off Da Bay. I was unimpressed, in the beginning. I didn't know anything about break-in periods for bats. But once it broke in, OMG. Even though it was a 30, 90% of my teams used it. Won 3 Championships in Modified leagues with those hardass white Dudleys.
My favorite single wall is the C405 Carl Rose, all silver. The trampoline effect was crazy, imo.

I have one of each that I break out in my Clincher leagues from time to time. Memories.....do do do do do do do😄😄

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
My first (good bat) was cu31 Carl rose powercell then I discovered 97 demarini uw both were great with those 47/525 Dudley thunder,then of course I stepped up to 97 ddw. My first comp bat was the Evo it was good with those balls as well but that was about the time the 44/375 was implemented then came along my og 08 juggy which was my favorite for consistency and some long balls. I grabbed a reap2 when those were introduced that I wasn't totally comfortable with but did hit the most hr's with that season, then my 14 juggy was my fave until I grabbed a 15 usam which I still have with well over 5k swings on it. I have a couple other bats in my bag but keep going back the the usam.. the ultra and ultra II were banned before I had a chance to grab one

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Easton SRV4. I don't normally swing balanced bats but I had a 28oz that scaled 29oz and actually had a touch of endload. I felt like I could do anything with that bat; it had plenty of pop for homeruns when the situation required it but I could pretty much go RC gap or slap a 1-hopper in the 3-4 hole at will. Thing just felt like an extension of my arms.

lukeamdman

Nice. I have 2 Bubbas and 1 FF2 10". I really wish I'd bought a couple of the light blue 11" ones as well. I like those really short barrel Eastons.

It's a special feeling when you really square a ball up with one of those bats.
Me too. I do have the 2018 Fire/Ice, and it has more end load than the Bubba Club. Not as much as the 2019 FF2 10", though. That in 28oz is an absolute sledge hammer.

The FF2 10“ is the closest I've been too hitting 400'.

At about 1:15 I hit it over the lights, trees, and first row of cars in the parking lot:

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
That was a bomb indeed but I have two other comments/questions here.

1) 3 lefties in a row?!
2) I know you hit the ball 700' but why swing first pitch after back to back walks?

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
The Mizuno Blur was the best bat I've ever swung. Not joking. When they get ugly from paint chips and horizontal cracks they hang with anything. And I mean anything. We had an Ultra II that had the rod pulled and was end loaded to 28.5 we'd take out for BP and the Blur was better.

They don't last long but they are lights out.

I'm partial to Mizuno and the original original Crush just fit me perfectly.

Sam Rockettech hit screaming knucklers all over the place.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
The Mizuno Blur was the best bat I've ever swung. Not joking. When they get ugly from paint chips and horizontal cracks they hang with anything. And I mean anything. We had an Ultra II that had the rod pulled and was end loaded to 28.5 we'd take out for BP and the Blur was better.

OG crush was RIDICULOUS if you could find the 1/8" sweetspot.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

Blur was f'ing horrendous. It had no sweetspot, and no pop.

D-ROCK13

We had a Blur probably 10 years ago on one team, you'd hit 50 balls in a row that felt mediocre and distance was comparable to single wall alloy, then you'd hit 1 ball that would absolutely blow your mind, like 50 ft further and feel fantastic. Then 50 more mediocre 😂 Made no sense at all. Sweet spot must have been dime sized on one spot on the barrel only

dunkky

man, that 700 shot wanna make me swing that 10incher again.. i should have never gotten rid of it... lol

dunkky

Easton SRV4. I don't normally swing balanced bats but I had a 28oz that scaled 29oz and actually had a touch of endload. I felt like I could do anything with that bat; it had plenty of pop for homeruns when the situation required it but I could pretty much go RC gap or slap a 1-hopper in the 3-4 hole at will. Thing just felt like an extension of my arms.
is that asa bat?