What is your game's Kryptonite?

longball101

Part Time Player
Is it superstition, weather, equipment, location or someone on the other team? For me it is a strong breeze blowing in my face when I am at bat. It makes me over think changing/altering my swing to try cut the ball for a hard low liner. I know I should just swing normal, I know I am over thinking, yet do it every time. At least I have learned to let that games AB's go as throw-aways so it doesn't effect me overall by trying to go out and take BP and fix what I know is not broken.

So, what is yours?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Overthinking is probably ANYONE'S kryptonite. CO has sometimes horrible softball weather. It'll often be cold and windy. I've been known to have sucky games in those conditions. I don't usually hit well when I'm cold and the wind's blowing hard.

I've also been known to mentally check out of games for no apparent reason. That doesn't always mean I'm playing badly, but I'll find myself not caring at times. Usually its late in the year when I'm burned out.

Oh, and playing in FL can be kryptonite too. Its always super hot, muggy, and windy. I end up trying too hard to hit HRs through horrible wind conditions. I've had good tournies in FL, but I've also had plenty of bad ones.

blakcherry329

Bad knees and focus. I can't hit the way I used to(batting stance) because I have to stand more upright, nowadays. I can crank one, every now and then, but nothing consistent. I sometimes step away, cast, and/or pick my head up trying to compensate for no rotational power from my legs. So it's a combination of the two.

Tamati63

Turf Diamonds they just arent common here. We play on 1 maybe twice a season and it's generally errors galore from the entire team. Unsure why ‍♂️ it should be the easiest

SandyWH

#Delicious
RFs that play way up.

I have a pretty good backside judy, and I can even drive it over the heads of RFs if I need to. But I've been thrown out at first a couple times form guys posting up short to guard against it. So when I see a RF squeeze in on me I end up mentally closing off that per of the field. Inevitably I'll get a perfect outside pitch and I'll try to drive somewhere else and usually end up grounding to the 5-man or popping up to center.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Wind for sure. My natural swing generates a lot of spin, and if the wind is blowing my face anything I hit just hangs in the air. I try to keep it low to make sure it'll fall in and most of the time cut the ball even more and they carry to someone or they get pounded into the ground. Been working this off season on having a solution to that problem, so we'll see how it goes.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Here's another one.... playing OF in grass that has recently been aerated. It has those dirt turds all over the place. The ball rolls/bounces crazily, and every ground ball seems like it could jump and hit you in the face.

Playing on frozen ground isn't much better. The ball will hit the OF and bounce like its hitting concrete.