What would be your perfect grail glove?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
That collection is nice, I think I may have got shafted on my NP5 because that looks like a much better size. Is that a custom or was it the limited horween that came out a while back?
It’s a Horween Spring Trainer, first time I saw one was at the Rawlings outlet at Myrtle Beach, I was super close to walking out with one but just didn’t think it was big enough. Couple of years went by and I still wanted one, still regretted not buying one at the outlet! Rawlings actually had some on their site and I couldn’t help myself, great purchase!

@etnstudios had a couple, one he wanted to move, hit him up!

Here’s a bin full several years back.
92D37926-50EE-4CDE-8E2A-B85CF754B65C.jpeg C406381C-CAB0-4474-B393-126E997272A3.jpeg

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
If correct the RV although not an “NP” line is almost like it’s big brother and fills the gap between the NP7 and 303. Cause imo the RV almost plays like a 12.5” although it’s listed as a 12.25”.
Kind of like imo the Pro 1000 12” has a big brother being the 504 and something like the Kris Bryant fills that in between gap similar to the RV.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
If correct the RV although not an “NP” line is almost like it’s big brother and fills the gap between the NP7 and 303. Cause imo the RV almost plays like a 12.5” although it’s listed as a 12.25”.
Kind of like imo the Pro 1000 12” has a big brother being the 504 and something like the Kris Bryant fills that in between gap similar to the RV.
Yeah, but I was trying to shut Stick down, he’ll take over here with all that crazy RV talk! ;) He’s a sold out RV23 lunatic!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
The RV is a odd, weird, crazy pattern, you either love it or hate it! I suggest everyone try it and make up their own mind if it’s for them!

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah...I was playing around on Rawlings glove builder last night. I just can’t pull the trigger cause there is a pretty big difference from the normal Rawlings tan to horween tan. On another topic. Easton looks to have released a nice 12” Black and Tan H-web. And they put tan horween in the palm, web and liner. Looks to similar to a NP style pattern. So it has peaked my interest a bit. Just one problem. It’s an Easton and I know they make some quality gloves that aren’t given the respect they deserve. Still it probably just doesn’t quite fit like a Rawlings.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Yeah...I was playing around on Rawlings glove builder last night. I just can’t pull the trigger cause there is a pretty big difference from the normal Rawlings tan to horween tan. On another topic. Easton looks to have released a nice 12” Black and Tan H-web. And they put tan horween in the palm, web and liner. Looks to similar to a NP style pattern. So it has peaked my interest a bit. Just one problem. It’s an Easton and I know they make some quality gloves that aren’t given the respect they deserve. Still it probably just doesn’t quite fit like a Rawlings.
My 12” Small Batch No. 26 is without a doubt the best built brick of a glove I’ve ever owned, that glove was ridiculous!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
How did it compare in size to the NP line. I am guessing close to the NP5
I didn't have my NP5PRO at the same time as that Small Batch. I did have a DM Pro1000, my custom NP6, and that Small Batch all together, it fit right in between, right in the middle. That 12" SB is definitely a larger glove than a Pro1000!

Of course it had the fold-over palm, which I'm fond of, but it had way too much either padding or leather in the palm and heel area. You literally would have to beat that glove closed with a sledge hammer, it was overkill, and I love stiff gloves!

I met @davisrelacing at one of his son's baseball camps, he said (and he may need to word this himself?) that the Small Batches had an extra piece of leather in the palm area that was pretty useless and when customers would send them in, he would remove that piece of leather to loosen up that area. Of course I'm paraphrasing, probably screwed that all up!

I used to call that 12" SB my Super Duty Pro1000, I really don't think as is that I would have ever broke it in......Cinder Block!!

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
@ANNASDAD I was actually just able to get my hands on another PI ST 1781 thanks to a stand up member of the board. Which now makes (2) PI ST and (1) Black PI in my collection. I really want to game the new one to replace my old gamer but its so beautiful I dont know if I can lol.

Truthfully, I love the 1781 pattern more than anything (keep in mind I play slow pitch). I currently game the horween NP7 which is great but I just keep going back to the 1781. I really need to get off my ass and just order a custom. I can literally build my perfect glove and have it within a few months and just havent done it. And include my last name and number of course haha

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
@ANNASDAD I was actually just able to get my hands on another PI ST 1781 thanks to a stand up member of the board. Which now makes (2) PI ST and (1) Black PI in my collection. I really want to game the new one to replace my old gamer but its so beautiful I dont know if I can lol.

Truthfully, I love the 1781 pattern more than anything (keep in mind I play slow pitch). I currently game the horween NP7 which is great but I just keep going back to the 1781. I really need to get off my ass and just order a custom. I can literally build my perfect glove and have it within a few months and just havent done it. And include my last name and number of course haha

Just at face value (for me), there's a lot of similarities between a NP7 and a 1781.....12.25", I-web, fold-over palm, just curious your thoughts when comparing those two? I've never owned a 1781, but I'd have to imagine the fingers on the NP are longer? And the 1781 more bowl shaped, not a taco like the NP7, am I close?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Just at face value (for me), there's a lot of similarities between a NP7 and a 1781.....12.25", I-web, fold-over palm, just curious your thoughts when comparing those two? I've never owned a 1781, but I'd have to imagine the fingers on the NP are longer? And the 1781 more bowl shaped, not a taco like the NP7, am I close?
A 1781 is shaped more like a Pro200. In fact, I think it is a more natural thumb to ring finger closer than the Pro 200.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
I got rid of my 1781 custom. In fact it may have been Captain that bought it (I can’t remember). But the 1781 had a very wide palm area imo. If memory serves correct the NP7 plays more narrow with longer fingers or fingers that extend in the palm area more.

MaverickAH

Conversation starter while we're still trying to figure out what 1B mitt to order.....:D

For you guys who have had enough gloves in your possession to know which one would be the one! I know you Mizuno guys have to have a favorite Pro-Limited model you'd love to own, one that'll probably never be available.

And like Captain10's post on a PI ST 1781, definitely a hard to find grail. This includes a glove that there's a pretty good chance it'll never ever be made.

I've said here many many times (probably too many times) that I'd love to have something that's not an RV23, but has a RV web. Like a NP6 or a 207, something along that size glove with a RV23 web.

I think I'm finally over that.....my grail glove is pretty simple now, a Horween NP6 with a I-web and black embroidery! Of course with all the old school goodies, traditional patch & logos, split welting, VG stitching. Maybe something along the lines of a Morton exclusive? A glove I absolutely know will never happen!

Let's hear it.

You mean something like this? :D:D:D

dCT0VZp.jpg

Custom-made, leather like butter, with an "old school" feel....... This is my, "If I had to have one glove for every position on the field for slowpitch", glove.

If I had to have one glove for baseball/softball, no matter what the variation (FP/ Modified /SP), it would be this:

Ay87Dge.jpg

or maybe

tpB0WOp.jpg

Both are 12.25" models

If you really want a Hinged Post Web, I have this which is the same pattern as the top pic:

CSCnhm0.jpg

Laces are tan & yellow welting.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball

I think you described it perfectly. Longer fingers on the NP 7 which is great, and I was able to break mine in with more of a bowl shape than would by typical. Mine closes a little more thumb to middle while I prefer thumb to ring but the i-web broke in super deep for me so I was able to adjust easily.

A 1781 is shaped more like a Pro200. In fact, I think it is a more natural thumb to ring finger closer than the Pro 200.

This, I agree with. 1781 definitely more thumb to ring

I got rid of my 1781 custom. In fact it may have been Captain that bought it (I can’t remember). But the 1781 had a very wide palm area imo. If memory serves correct the NP7 plays more narrow with longer fingers or fingers that extend in the palm area more.

Also agree with this but dont really recall the palm being exceptionally wide. There are some details you guys discuss that have never even crossed my mind from a playability stand point haha. How they like to close / better TIP or traditional / width thumb to pinky and depth have always been my sticking points for selecting a glove. Thus how I ended up with 7 1781s haha

yankees23

Addicted to Softballfans
New version of the DCT with an H web. Horween would be fantastic.

Attachments

• 1DF83C56-19DC-456A-9F7E-F9D8A6619B6A.jpeg
    1DF83C56-19DC-456A-9F7E-F9D8A6619B6A.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 20

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Revisiting this old thread, @milocoman has happily agreed to build me / us a tan Horween NP6, split gray, VG stitching, tan laces, indent stamping, palm pad, traditional patch & logos, with black embroidery. The web? The web is the question, so an I-web or a H-web?

I vote I-web, but I can live with either! The I-web really worked great and was a perfect fit on the RGGC NP6.

So.…any interest, who’s in?

:) I’ll come back and check on this thread on April 1st, if Chad hasn’t banned me? ;)

mv_mkv

Revisiting this old thread, @milocoman has happily agreed to build me / us a tan Horween NP6, split gray, VG stitching, tan laces, indent stamping, palm pad, traditional patch & logos, with black embroidery. The web? The web is the question, so an I-web or a H-web?

I vote I-web, but I can live with either! The I-web really worked great and was a perfect fit on the RGGC NP6.

So.…any interest, who’s in?

:) I’ll come back and check on this thread on April 1st, if Chad hasn’t banned me? ;)
I’m in if it’s an I web!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Man this place is so graveyard dead it doesn't matter if I tell a BS lie or not! Mithre, I was kidding about the Horween NP6.....you should know Chad would never go for that!

mv_mkv

Man this place is so graveyard dead it doesn't matter if I tell a BS lie or not! Mithre, I was kidding about the Horween NP6.....you should know Chad would never go for that!
You got my hopes up! Haha. I thought I saw Chad mention there will be another Horween run sometime this year so maybe thought this would be part of it.

defos

I was about to post, I thought you said you were done buying gloves. In fact, you've said that more than once, and then bought another.