What's a good bat

Steve lau

I keep hearing people talk about certain bat or company are good with a certain ball. So my question would be, we play with Worth hot dots ( .52 cor 275lb) is there a bat or company I should look for.

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
I keep hearing people talk about certain bat or company are good with a certain ball. So my question would be, we play with Worth hot dots ( .52 cor 275lb) is there a bat or company I should look for.
Does your league require a Utrip stamp or can you hit ASA bats?

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the SBF store still has a deal going on Easton Bats, pm Milocoman, tell him I sent you. He’ll help you out.

Krush411

Manager
With that ball I think it comes down more to the hitter than the bat BUT my fav bats with that ball are Miken 4 the fallen, DeMarini Flipper Aftermath 1.20 2016 utrip version and Mizuno No Doubt. I think the Flipper was made specifically for balls like that and the No Doubt crushes them once broken in. If you go with the No Doubt go an ounce higher than your normal weight as it swings very light.

D-ROCK13

Personally, I'd go with a combat. They are pretty much all gtg with this ball and dirt cheap just about everywhere you can still find them. Plus if you break one within warranty you'll get a new flex line Easton as a return

ShortYellowBus

Personally, I'd go with a combat. They are pretty much all gtg with this ball and dirt cheap just about everywhere you can still find them. Plus if you break one within warranty you'll get a new flex line Easton as a return

Nope. Stop buying Combats.

I broke an awesome 2015 Greinert 275 dual stamp, and they sent me a 1-piece Ronin NR. Non-negotiable.

Disappointing.

If you want a Baker or a Helmer, just buy one! They’re about the same price as a Combat.

D-ROCK13

just returned a stupid hot combatant15 that was cracked on every side of the barrel. umps kept complaining so I emailed the warranty department and they let me choose a 17' helmer flex. I really hope I don't open the box when it gets here and see a Ronin...

jhitman

Just an observation.....I see so many threads about what's the best bat for USSSA, ASA or 52 cor softballs etc. If people worked on their mechanics, hit more BP and watched a few videos it wouldn't matter which bat a player used. There are a few bats that may be slightly better than others, but it wouldn't matter if your swing was sound.

Last edited:

jlee

All bats are good, it comes down to your swing and preference of the weighting of the bat that gives you better confidence. Some bats are hotter out of the wrapper then others but all bats when they get to the point, are good bats.

RookieRise

Utrip...You can use a tree branch and hit some moon shots with those balls. 1 vote for the tree branch from me. But honestly, almost any utrip bat is going to get you great results.