Where are all the 28-30oz bats?

westdude

Addicted to Softballfans
The nice thing about utrip is that the bats from a few years back are better anyway, and you can still find them in 28-30oz.

basilray

Seeing this thread pop back up made me chuckle.

One of my buddies ONLY swings 30oz EL. He's been hoarding 220 DC-41's in 30oz, and has been giving a 30oz Anderson Wraith a go this spring. I want him to get on the Anarchy train, but he refuses to swing a 28oz.

dunno

They are still out there.
Found one of the last pink elephants, a NIW Reebok Melee legend EL 28. No, I will not reveal my honey hole lol.
Thought it might be a scam but arrived today.
Little heavy compared to usual 26 but hoping it'll work.
Hesitant to take off the plastic ... price check on aisle 5? :)

Last edited:

westdude

Addicted to Softballfans

One of my buddies ONLY swings 30oz EL. He's been hoarding 220 DC-41's in 30oz, and has been giving a 30oz Anderson Wraith a go this spring. I want him to get on the Anarchy train, but he refuses to swing a 28oz.
I feel like this was written about me... I just cracked my last 30oz DC41 and have a Wraith in my shopping cart haha. If you get him converted to Anarchy, let him know there's a guy that wants to buy those DCs from him haha.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

I like 30 oz bats as well, but a 28 endload will do just fine. Anarchies in 28 oz are plenty heavy.

trippy1313

Starting Player
Oh I see my thread came back. Lol.

I was talking with an Easton rep and an LS rep, they're both even scaling back on 28s now too. Pretty soon they'll be out of the picture it sounds like.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would be happy paying for a 29oz or 30oz (MTO) direct from the Manufacturer.
Presuming that basic assembly is in the 25oz range, isn't it only a matter of final weighting and a knob sticker or am I missing something?

ShortYellowBus

Presuming that basic assembly is in the 25oz range, isn't it only a matter of final weighting and a knob sticker or am I missing something?

That’s exactly right. All the bats basically come from the same place and use the exact same composite raw materials. The differences are in the amount of add ins, and measurements of thickness of laid composite.

The bat companies then receive the shells, and they go ahead and put the other stuff together; handles, knobs, tuning rods, paint. They also glue everything together; the ASA/USA bats have sleeves or foam inserts glued to the end caps.

As far as the finished weight; they add in ballast to the handle to make the finished weight. There’s a lot of variables in assembly/production, and sometimes the assembly technicians just mislabel bats.

I remember bats with miscellaneous bolts and washers glued to the endcap for added endload. But companies aren’t really doing that anymore.

Yeah, it’s all a grift. Swing a lot of bats and find one that fits your swing.