Which Gen Fire Flex is the best? 1,2,3,or4?

D-ROCK13

1rst FF is the lowest compression out of the wrapper, and obviously has the least durability. FF2 they added a layer of composite to help durability. Ive not personally hit anything newer so cant speak on 3 or 4

Big Lebombski

I've not been impressed with any of them except the FF3
We had a FF1 and weren't impressed with it. But received a 3 on warranty and love the damned thing.
It's the only bat I would consider gaming that wasn't Miken/Worth

Last edited:

fowlball75

Addicted to Softballfans
OG Fireflex -hotter out of the wrapper
-Firm crisp feel with a lot of pop

Fireflex 2 - maybe took a little longer to get going but still a very hot bat
- softer feel with more trampoline effect

Fireflex 3- stiffest out of the wrapper
- duller crisp feel
-also very light

Now when you get to the different models and technology that they all have different feels to them. Like the Clarks, Fab 14, Fab 4 series

HitDingers

Got a smoking deal on one of these so I bought it!!!

RESMONDO

BASH 21

Will go box on friends!
The hot new 2020 Eastons have the FF1 tech and blow all the others out of the water.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
FF1 is the only one I've really swung. Lights out hot. I can see how those things failed compression so fast. Bat just felt fragile, like one game in the cold with classic Ms would kill it.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Performance wise, I think you'll be hard pressed to see a true difference.

IMO....

FF1 - Good performance out of the wrapper but does need a tad of break in. Stiffest of the bunch in terms of feedback
FF2 - ALMOST gamer status from the wrapper, MAYBE 50 swings with M's to get it loose and feeling good. Softer feedback than the FF1.
FF3 - Gamer status in the wrapper. I had a FF3 endload that tested 240 in the wrapper. Feedback felt close to the same as the FF2.

Haven't touched any fire flex 4 stuff.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Performance wise, I think you'll be hard pressed to see a true difference.

IMO....

FF1 - Good performance out of the wrapper but does need a tad of break in. Stiffest of the bunch in terms of feedback
FF2 - ALMOST gamer status from the wrapper, MAYBE 50 swings with M's to get it loose and feeling good. Softer feedback than the FF1.
FF3 - Gamer status in the wrapper. I had a FF3 endload that tested 240 in the wrapper. Feedback felt close to the same as the FF2.

Haven't touched any fire flex 4 stuff.

The durability of all the FFs is frightening. This winter I picked up 2 Bubba Clubs and an FF2 10". We'll see how it goes with those. I probably won't use the bats on anything but C+s until it get legitimately hot here.

I don't even WANT a bat to be gamer status right out of the wrapper. I enjoy the evolution of a bat as it slowly warms up over the course of 500 swings or so. Having something test at 240 in the wrapper is alarming. You can tell right away you aren't going to get many swings out of it. I also don't BP my gamers at all. With new bats you can't BP them anyway. They don't last long enough.

I'm pretty leery of any Easton since 2016 for durability.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly, be leery of any USSSA bat these days. Easton just finally caught up with the rest of the brands in terms of failing compression fast.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Honestly, be leery of any USSSA bat these days. Easton just finally caught up with the rest of the brands in terms of failing compression fast.

True. I don't BP any of my USSSA gamer bats. I generally use 2016 and older Eastons here in CO when its cold. I'll pull out the hotter (and less durable) bats when I travel to hot places.

Guys around here trash tons of bats yearly because half the season is usually played in fairly cold/cool weather.

JN137

I know this is kind of the point of this thread already, but I was hoping someone could give me some insight into this..

The 2020 Fire Flex IV and the 2020 Re-Issue of the original Fire Flex (Black, Orange and Blue model)... Are these the same tech, with old paint scheme re-released? Or is the FF4 different tech, and Re-Issue FF reverted to old tech?

I have read different things about how the FFIV went back to original barrel tech

D-ROCK13

The models with OG fire flex tech are re issued first gen FF tech. Flex IV is the new stuff, feels stiffer and a little more durable imho, i like the og and fire flex 2 better

ShortYellowBus

I shouldn’t contribute because my knowledge is from reading and not swinging the bats after the first two.

The first fireflex Eastons were failing compression way too fast, and in fact the first bats were sold while testing in-wrapper around 205-215, under the 220 threshold for the utrip stamp certification.

Those bats were insane.

The next few bats after were designed to address the bats failing compression testing. People literally couldn’t use the bats if bat testing was conducted.

In summation, the hottest bats were the first fireflex bats. Everything else has been a less hotter version to avoid warranty claims and durability.

ShortYellowBus

The last sentence should finish by saying that the usability is extended and durability is greater.

Sorry for the confusion.

JN137

So, for anyone still interested (240 bats have since taken over)..

I have had a loaded FFIV (White model) NIW sitting in my garage for a while now.. I've just been sitting on it and apparently that was a mistake.

Went out and swung it for the first time today and it is easily the best out of the wrapper bat I have ever swung. We'll see how good it gets with some more swings but this thing sounded and felt great immediately. Balls were jumping

To compare, I also swung the new 2022 Helmer FF Advanced. This is obviously a 240 model, but the difference was actually hard to believe. I expected more out of the '22

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a 2020 Synergy for $99 on black Friday. I don't know what version fire flex it is but it's been gas from swing 1