Which model was the very first Demarini Doublewall Distance?

Was it the blue silver or the black silver with graphics? I see various models 1996-1997 … looki g for insight into the actual first OG doublewall by demarini

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
The very ddw first came out a bit earlier than 96-97, I believe 94-95 were black with yellow graphics. I think they actually were introduced in 93, if memory serves me I saw a photo of ray with his very first prototype in 90-91-92ish that was silver with black graphics. The man to ask for definite answers would be smoke, I'm sure he will chime in if he sees this thread.

Last edited:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
1993 was the first released. I don't know that they actually had a model number back then, it was referred to as demarini distance. Then in 1996 became ultimate distance.

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
cant download any pictures but I can text them with what year they are (IMO)
i believe the 1st available to the public DDW was 92/93. It was silver with DeMarini in Black block letters, I have one but the graphics are barely visible, I also have a Ultimate Weapon ll from the same era that might of been the 1st DW
i have a bunch of Ultimate Weapons that Ray made in his garage but I can only speculate as to the earliest one
SMOKE.

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit my first homerun with a double wall distance. First bat I ever owned was the Classic. The good ol days. Hittin bombs with the 30oz Classic while practically everyone in the leagues and tournaments were swinging the og Miken Freak 😂

Always wondered how those bats would do against today's .52/300s

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
This is the first one I saw available to the public. I got it from Softball Sales in ‘92/‘93. It’s the best bat I ever used but I believe got banned. It has a slight indent but in rather good shape. The Ultimate Weapon was garbage compared to the DDW.

Attachments

• IMG_0616.jpeg
    IMG_0616.jpeg
    972.9 KB · Views: 19
This is the first one I saw available to the public. I got it from Softball Sales in ‘92/‘93. It’s the best bat I ever used but I believe got banned. It has a slight indent but in rather good shape. The Ultimate Weapon was garbage compared to the DDW.
Thanks for the pic too

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
That’s a 95 because it has a pat.#, the 94 had pat.pending
SMOKE

Lionking_12

Part Time Player
Would you be interested in selling that bat? I have NOS demarini DW for years 96, 97, 98, 99, never been used pristine shape. Been looking for a 95 for a while now.