Which NSA ball is better?

swed120

Trump has 3 balls coming out for NSA play. BSN sports has them listed as:
Trump NSA 12" 44/400 Synthetic
Xrock NSA 12" 44/400 Composite
Evil NSA 12" 44/400 Leather
which of this the better ball? does cover material make a difference or not?

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
IMO there is nothing like a leather covered ball - They cost a little more to me it is well worth it. I would stay away from Synthetic's

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
X Rock. The covers can nick/tear, but composite covered balls always deliver the best performance.

MarlSrSoftball

X Rock. The covers can nick/tear, but composite covered balls always deliver the best performance.
With all due respect to your wisdom, I have to disagree. They are more durable but in my experience Leather tops them all.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
With all due respect to your wisdom, I have to disagree. They are more durable but in my experience Leather tops them all.

Leather covers seem to make the ball heavy. Leather covers also get loose over time. I've had far better luck hitting composite covered balls for sheer distance vs. leather.

Leather would actually be my least favorite choice for a softball cover. Composite is lighter weight and the cover stays far tighter than leather.

MarlSrSoftball

You do know no one makes a true leather cover anymore right?
Unfortunately your right. The last one I remember was the Trump Stote 52/275 before they put the Utrip stamp on them. I would get a 1-2' higher toss in my WD with them over all my other softballs.

MarlSrSoftball

Leather covers seem to make the ball heavy. Leather covers also get loose over time. I've had far better luck hitting composite covered balls for sheer distance vs. leather.

Leather would actually be my least favorite choice for a softball cover. Composite is lighter weight and the cover stays far tighter than leather.
Based on my experience I found different but that is what makes this sport and board great with everyone having different experiences with the same equipment. If we all were the same it would be boring.