Which would you rather.

Number1

Addicted to Softballfans
This is one I've struggled with, would you rather miss hit a ball and pop it up, but have it fall in for a single, or would you rather crush a ball, but have it be right at a fielder and be robbed of a hit.

I know as a team player it's all about getting on base, and I understand the argument a hit is a hit, but there's just a feeling that comes with hitting a **** popup that lands in and, to me at least, it feels worse than getting robbed of a hard hit shot.

Wondering what the consensus of the board is.

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
neither, if you don't have the power to hit it out then don't try. Try to place the ball on a good line drive to a specific point.

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
Does intentionally blooping a hit in on a defense playing deep count? Because I do that a lot, and it moves the OF in to burn them later in the game. That whole progression feels pretty good.

Prime

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep, I have one job... get on base, i'll half swing in big open gaps all the time especially on the right side if we have runners on. Easy base and some aggressive base running can go a long way in softball.

chris21

Addicted to Softballfans
sometimes you need the pop ups to fall in to get on track, and then those hard shots find the holes..

Adamal24

Never Settle™
If you are hitting the ball hard those balls are going to end up falling for hits more often then miss-hit bloops in the long run, so I'd rather be hitting the ball square.

Hammer1331

Rec League Scrub
I'd rather hit it hard right at somebody. If your hitting the ball hard, they'll start getting thru. If your mis-hitting and popping up, you can't count on staying lucky and having them keep dropping in.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
I solid shot always feels more rewarding, but hits win games. I would take the hit/getting on base.

dremersvision

Addicted to Softballfans
a couple of seasons ago i got into this slump of hitting a lot of strawberries(pop ups) but they were base hits because i was known for hitting the ball deep. Damn that was annoying.

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
For the team, I would take the base hit, but for me, if you are hitting the ball hard & @ people, that is a good sign that you are "On" those jokers where just standing in the right spot. Don't change a thing. The misses will happen every now & then. If they get you on base, just count it as a fluke & don't let it bother you. Mash @ all times!

djh88stang

The Veteran
That just happened to me this week first at bat pop up over second base get a single next at bat rip one in the gap atleast I thought left fielder grabbed it pissed me off!

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd rather hit it hard right at somebody. If your hitting the ball hard, they'll start getting thru. If your mis-hitting and popping up, you can't count on staying lucky and having them keep dropping in.

You are not answering his question, it's a one time thing. He's not saying would u rather hit miss hits an entire tourny or hard line drive outs an entire tourny.

I would take the one miss hit.

Bdevil

Addicted to Softballfans
I would rather hit a ball solid that gets caught personally, but I do bloop it to the opposite field on purpose all the time

ProTow34

just here for the beer!!!
it is hard to score runs without base runners. the game is all about getting on base.. get em on, get em over, get em in!!!!!!!

flyout

Addicted to Softballfans
I hate walking back to the dugoout without a hit in slowpitch softball, so I'd rather get on base.

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
It depends entirely on the score.

If we need runs, my feeling of shame is gone soon enough.

If we are way up, I'd rather smash the ball for an out.

tchaos7

Addicted to Softballfans
This is one I've struggled with, would you rather miss hit a ball and pop it up, but have it fall in for a single, or would you rather crush a ball, but have it be right at a fielder and be robbed of a hit.

I know as a team player it's all about getting on base, and I understand the argument a hit is a hit, but there's just a feeling that comes with hitting a **** popup that lands in and, to me at least, it feels worse than getting robbed of a hard hit shot.

Wondering what the consensus of the board is.

so you think getting a hit is worse than getting an out? glad you're not on my team.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit vs an out. Great team player if u take the missile out.:rolleyes:

You take your ribbing and be happy to contribute.

raynskyama

The Veteran
My OBP Is retarded high...mostly with well placed grenades in shallow outfield...I hustle em out for doubles...base runners score points so I'll take the mis-hit any day

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm an egotistical bastard so I'd rather make an out than reach base safely. Is this seriously a question? I don't want anyone on my team that would rather make an out looking good than reaching base safely any way they can. This is dumb.