Who Knows Iron Mike C-82 Machines?

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I just picked one of these up and I think the springs are shot. I'm not 100% sure how the adjustments are made though. I know it may seem simple but I can't figure it out......probably because the springs are stretched. I know there are two adjustment "T" handles. Which one does what and which way are you turning it? I have searched all over the web with no help. I guess if nobody here knows I'll just call the company and get some help there. This thing is gonna be sweet in my backyard of my next house though.:D

LuckyMatthews

I gave master pitch a call yesterday and found out the machine should have 4 springs but mine only has 2. I ordered a couple of springs and should be all set. Cool little machine. Over priced pitching machine IMO, but nice to have a built in hopper.

LuckyMatthews

lolz, I believe that he believes they went that far. I know before I became an expert with google earth I thought epic shots were much more epic. Especially since all we play is ASA around here. I also know what it takes for a guy to hit a ball 380' with a stock Salvo that doesn't have the shotgun sound haha. His vid aint it!

I picked this iron mike up off of CL and the guy said it was "less than accurate" so I gave him $150 and loaded it up in my truck:D After tinkering with it for a couple hours I realized the only problem was no matter what I did with the adjustments the ball wouldn't go further than 30 feet. I know these things are supposed to get in the neighborhood of 60MPH so I knew something was up. There is literally nothing on the web that I could find to help me. After I told the rep at master pitch what was going on, he asked me if it only had 2 springs. I said yes, and he said buy 2 more and it sounds good as new! Sweet deal!

DaMonks

SBF Original..........
$150 and buying a couple of springs to get that puppy to work, is an awesome deal for an Iron Mike.

lolz, I believe that he believes they went that far. I know before I became an expert with google earth I thought epic shots were much more epic. Especially since all we play is ASA around here. I also know what it takes for a guy to hit a ball 380' with a stock Salvo that doesn't have the shotgun sound haha. His vid aint it!

LMK when you get those 2 springs installed, I might have to take road trip
up north ;)

Dogue

Evil Genius
There's a YouTube vid of one and the guy shows it working...his has 3 springs an looks to be launching them pretty good.

Gado

Addicted to Softballfans
nice. i have two MP6 in my backyard ;) i only have the one tension spring. had to buy a different hand for the softballs.

LuckyMatthews

Yeah, the machine already has the softball arm. The 2 springs I do have are kinda rusty too. I'm just going to replace them, but maybe I'll try just 3 springs and see where that gets me? The machine is working perfectly, it just doesn't have enough ummppff to get the ball all the way to the plate. Come on over Oakbrook! If ever you find youself in SE wisconsin hit me up lol. Otherwise, I live like 2 minutes from Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee haha, I'll even pick you up;)

dayvin3

Addicted to Softballfans
On my c-82,two springs would not throw the ball far enough and 4 springs threw it to far,so I drilled a new hole where the springs go(between the middle 2 holes)and use 3 springs,now it throws perfect.