Why are Monstas so expensive??

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Monsta Is a complete joke. I was on the Monsta Militia FB page and I got banned for helping out some friends. I held a local Anarchy Awakening demo. All his militia seen me holding it and made it a huge deal. So after the demo I posted videos and what I thought about the awakening. People that got to demo it posted what they thought about the bat. And **** hit the fan. I was banned immediately, and the bounty was offered for the bats. I know carl felt threatened about this New bat.

He put a bounty on the bats?

TRaj2327

That is correct. As a result Anarchy called all the demo bats back I believe in fear that someone was going to steal one.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
He put a bounty on the bats?

From Anarchys FB page.
**NOTICE**
It has recently been brought to our attention that there is a reward for the "theft" of one of our bats being offered. While these actions are both sad and desperate we have to take them seriously and the safety of our representatives into consideration. Our lawyers have been notified of this action and are reviewing any possible ramifications it may hold.
It is with great disappointment that we have recalled all bats in the field and will continue moving forward by having demos set up in undisclosed locations with guests selected off our page by invite only.
We are deeply disappointed by this and just want to move ahead producing products that people can enjoy and be proud to have purchased from a decent reputable company.
We apologize for this distraction, and any disappointment this may cause.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
The ANARCHY team.

That is pretty sad. Carl will have to learn to be like everyone else: buy the first production ones that hit the market and dissect them. Then again if his bat was so great he shouldn't worry. Still, companies tend to give each others tech a full evaluation to see if #1 they can match the performance and #2 if there is any tech they can't match.

RustyShakleford

QewfOOK.jpg

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow, that is just pathetic, makes me glad I went the $100 route on my Boombah Boss. Played a tournament last week, guy swung a Monsta for exactly 1 AB before going back to a different bat. I'd put my Boss against any Demarini or Miken, and they're service is just as good.

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
I know this will be unpopular, but if these anarchy bats were carbon copies of a Monsta, wouldn't you be a little pissed and want to see if they truly copied you? The truth is, the anarchy bat has a floating inner barrel held in with foam. Carl should have called a lawyer, instead of calling on his customers to buy one. If the anarchy bats are clean, let Carl be your first customer for $1000. Pretty simple.

But of course, things are not so simple.........:)

pirates33

Addicted to Softballfans
If Carl wasn't I flaming douchetard and thinks he has a legit patent infringement claim he would be better off letting them go through R&D, pay to have the bats made then get his hands on one. If his claims legit then he would sue, win and anarchy would probably go under because they'd have a bunch of unsellable bats. Instead he makes bold claims on FB to looks a badazz to the kool aid drinkers

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That would be hilarious if they scooped his tech and patented it out from under him.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I got banned from the Militia page for asking how a Monsta tourney player was able to swing a 28 oz Bombadier, when they arent supposed to exist. Carl even replied to my question, and basically said whatever player said he swung a 28 oz Bomb didnt know what he was talking about. Weird thing is, that same player is now on the Long Haul Bomber tour. Wonder if he still doesnt know what he is swinging? :biggthumpup:

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
So you accused T-Martinez or Dacko (Factory Hitters) of a softball crime on the companies fan page?

Im really surprised of the result.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Someone asked what Monsta was swinging at a tourney in OKC. Martinez said they were swinging 27 and 28 oz Bombadiers. I replied and said that i thought there was no such thing as a 28 oz. Bomb, then Carl stepped in. How exactly is that accusing him of a softball crime? His own player said he was swinging a 28 oz Bomb, not me.

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
You know they don't make a 28oz for obvious reasons.

So you knew what you were asking/inferring. Of course you won't admit that, because it is the internet and you don't have to.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Their own player said he swung a 28 oz Bombadier. I said that i thought they werent even made in a 28 oz. Carl said his factory hitter was stupid, and didnt know what he was swinging. You came along, and kissed some Monsta ass. That about sum it up for you warningtrack24?

TRaj2327

As much as I hate to say it, they probably won't pass because of the added weight. It's essentially the same reason the Mercy goes to 27 and other models use slightly different composite layups with 28+ oz bats.

natedawg87

Baller
Good bats, but I've swung a bunch of DNAs and there's nothing gamebreaking about them. I'll take my DeMars all day.

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
Their own player said he swung a 28 oz Bombadier. I said that i thought they werent even made in a 28 oz. Carl said his factory hitter was stupid, and didnt know what he was swinging. You came along, and kissed some Monsta ass. That about sum it up for you warningtrack24?

Pretty close, you forgot the part where a grown man got kicked off a Facebook fan page.

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
I had three different DNAs all I different weights and they felt like poo. Felt clunky and weighting was way off on all three. They just felt like they werent put together well. Like a handle from one bat was jammed into a different barrel just didn't feel right. Fast forward to the torch and the bomb they feel 1000% better than the DNA did. Weighting is much better and swings a whole lot smoother. Feels more "connected" and better constructed.

As much as I hate to say it, they probably won't pass because of the added weight. It's essentially the same reason the Mercy goes to 27 and other models use slightly different composite layups with 28+ oz bats.

I'm intrigued. You're saying heavier bats have to be made slightly differently to pass compression testing? So the light bats are more "hot"?