Why are Monstas so expensive??

Bombdropper10

Addicted to Softballfans
I see all the monsta bats on the board with outrageous prices an most have no warranty. R they that good to pay that kinda money for? I've always swung DeMarini in asa. Any thoughts?

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
The price goes up if you don't have to deal with Carl, the militia, and waiting. Those conveniences are priceless.

Youcallthemlogs

Extra Hitter
The owner is a piece of work.. Great bats , I just prefer demarini for asa. I'd buy a used one over putting in an order for a new bat, never know when you'll get it.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
The owner is a piece of work.. Great bats , I just prefer demarini for asa. I'd buy a used one over putting in an order for a new bat, never know when you'll get it.

Lol... I got my DNA in less than a week, and my Torch was an off season wait.... Worked for me :thumb:

Honestly the difference between my USA AM and the DNA in my first round of BP this year was negligible. I really dislike the smaller sweetspot on the DNA. I'll take 5-10 feet shorter for a much larger sweetspot, and frankly just about every other composite bat I have swung has a larger sweetspot than the Monsta. I don't think you are missing out on anything by swinging a Demarini you like the feel of for ASA.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly the difference between my USA AM and the DNA in my first round of BP this year was negligible. I really dislike the smaller sweetspot on the DNA. I'll take 5-10 feet shorter for a much larger sweetspot, and frankly just about every other composite bat I have swung has a larger sweetspot than the Monsta. I don't think you are missing out on anything by swinging a Demarini you like the feel of for ASA.

Like I've said before... There isn't much if any difference between one manufactures top tier bat and another manufacturers top tier bat bc there can't be. It can only be so hot bc of standard testing

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supply and demand. They make way less bats than the next competitor that they seem hard to come by, and people can charge more for them used. If you can't find a used Demar, you can just pony up the extra 50 bucks or so and buy new whenever you want. The same can't be said for Monsta, so their used cost more than new sometimes.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Like I've said before... There isn't much if any difference between one manufactures top tier bat and another manufacturers top tier bat bc there can't be. It can only be so hot bc of standard testing

GTFO. Common sense has no place in here.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Because Carl is a asshat, and he never has anything in stock. Therefor you have to buy secondhand. Plus the rumor is they are good bats.

Why because it takes a lot of time to develope the serious lack of CS they offer. Endless hours of sarcasm and bullying. That and he cashes in early without putting it back into the company therefore he can only makes X amount of bats per given batch and the die hards eat them up as rarities.

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
So back when every company didn't have an "exclusive" bat. Back when a few manufacturers made a limited run of a certain bat. And they were sold for $3-500 without receipts. Even bats that weren't exclusives were sold for a ton. No one complained about a Rd28 being $400 or a flex or extended being that much. And no one attacked the companies for those bats being sold for that price. So why all this hate for a company that literally had come out of nowhere and caused all of this? Is it because for a ton of people think it's the best ASA bat on the market to date? Is it because Carl had the smarts and the balls to make this all happen? He doesn't have a huge parent company running things for him. He is one man that built a strong team around him and is doing well and helping better the game of softball that we all play and love. ao again, why all the hate?

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Carl is a douche bag, who has no customer service skills, and has no idea how to treat customers and potential customers. He might have a great product, but his attitude towards everyone outside of his little circle is whats keeping his company from really thriving. Word of mouth goes a long way, and when most of the people think that Carl is a prick, and tell everyone to avoid dealing with him directly, something is seriously wrong.

That's why there is hate for Monsta.

RustyShakleford

Hit middle against the 52 year old pitcher with your 25oz Monsta with a lizard skin, while wearing your Spiderz, with your Boombah cleats, pants, custom skull covered jersey in the local Thursday night rec league cause the opposing 275 lb catcher hit a 5 hopper to your pitcher last inning. Then go out to right field with your 14" multi color custom glove made in Mexico. Just don't let the Phiten around your neck get in the way. All this is what is wrong with softball.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
So back when every company didn't have an "exclusive" bat. Back when a few manufacturers made a limited run of a certain bat. And they were sold for $3-500 without receipts. Even bats that weren't exclusives were sold for a ton. No one complained about a Rd28 being $400 or a flex or extended being that much. And no one attacked the companies for those bats being sold for that price. So why all this hate for a company that literally had come out of nowhere and caused all of this? Is it because for a ton of people think it's the best ASA bat on the market to date? Is it because Carl had the smarts and the balls to make this all happen? He doesn't have a huge parent company running things for him. He is one man that built a strong team around him and is doing well and helping better the game of softball that we all play and love. ao again, why all the hate?

Actually, people complained about their prices daily, but those are two separate things. People didn't think Easton the company was run by pricks because the after market value of their bats practically doubled years after they stopped making them. None of those bats you named retailed for 400, or sold for that the same year they were available retail. The Monstas sell used like that because Carl can't provide his bats in a timely fashion.

He's a prick, separate of the quality of his bats, his company's poor CS, or the way he can't seem to keep any sort of production timetable at all. The OG Freaks were the first bats to command ridiculous prices, and it had nothing to do with Miken as a company at all. The hate for Monsta stems entirely from his behavior as a person and a business owner.

Seriously, 340 isn't exactly that much money for a bat with a lifetime warranty. It's not like the 800 NIW, practically NR because they were 4 years out of production Freaks selling on eBay before the 100mph bats were banned.