Why wouldnt a league have different comp. levels?

elan6148

Addicted to Softballfans
During my thurs night league this year, we won our first game by 2, Got run ruled our second game by 15 runs, run ruled the other team on the third game, and won 39-3 last night when we only had 8 guys..... against a horrible team(kinda secret brag post kinda not). There is no classification separating teams competitive or non competitive because they see no need as they say. Its frustrating to play a real good team then go up against a bunch of 50 year old plus church guys the next week that cant run. Ok my rants over. There is no real point to this post just wanted to b**** to my computer.:D

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
Around here, at the facility or park there are differ nights of the week where its more comp. and more laid back! other then checking other places to play i dunno what to tell ya besides its good BP i guess.....but the ****ty thing is i believe in playing to the level of your comp. so sometimes it does more bad then good playing those low level teams

elan6148

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry I should of mentioned we have 4 different diamonds and usually three of them are all mens league playing all at the same time.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry I should of mentioned we have 4 different diamonds and usually three of them are all mens league playing all at the same time.

Back in KY they had different levels on different nights, so if you were a good team but couldn't play on Wed then you just beat the puppy pee out of lesser teams or didn't play league at all.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah, 6 teams isn't going to cut it. At least double that if not triple it for actual comp levels. Our ASA association has games Monday-Friday and a ton of teams, so it's pretty easy for them to break it down. Then at the mid-way mark, they will move teams around if need be.

elan6148

Addicted to Softballfans
There is at least 16 teams total. They split us up onto different diamonds at random and not by comp. level like i think they should

Pinky12

I love teh PINK!
6 teams? and you want different levels? lol

we have over 100 teams spread out across the week with 3-4 different divisions per night ranging from div 1 to div 5. two nights are dedicated to coed and the others are all mens

elan6148

Addicted to Softballfans
6 teams on my diamond. 3 diamonds. We were split evenly so at the very least 16 teams. And this is one night a week. So they cant split 16 teams on one week night into an upper and lower comp league? Seems a little too simple , am I the only one that gets this????

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
6 teams on my diamond. 3 diamonds. We were split evenly so at the very least 16 teams. And this is one night a week. So they cant split 16 teams on one week night into an upper and lower comp league? Seems a little too simple , am I the only one that gets this????

You lost me...you only play the teams on your diamond? And 6x3=18

elan6148

Addicted to Softballfans
All mens teams sign up. They split you up into your own "league" at each diamond. At the very least i was saying there was 16 (5 + 5 + 6 assuming there were only 5 teams on the other diamonds and they divided it evenly) so there could be 16 - 19 teams on thursday night im not sure. We are only scheduled to play the teams on our diamond. I just wish they would at least try to put all the rec teams or all the comp teams on the same diamond. I have fun everygame, but im tired of runruling teams after three inning. This is more because they are horrible and we are average, not bc we are the best team out there or anything. I originally said 6 bc i wasnt thinking when i replied, there is 6 in my league that was broke up into three sections.

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
They should split them if they can but as you know some guys can only play on a certain night.

We have our "Open" league here on Wed nights to get the best against the best. But all of those guys play on different nights as well and sometimes it gets ugly. But, it's also important to remember sportsmanship and understand the team you are playing against. If you can see they don't have the skill then you should make sure they at least have some fun. Don't be those guys and beat them 39-3 :rolleyes:

elan6148

Addicted to Softballfans
They should split them if they can but as you know some guys can only play on a certain night.

We have our "Open" league here on Wed nights to get the best against the best. But all of those guys play on different nights as well and sometimes it gets ugly. But, it's also important to remember sportsmanship and understand the team you are playing against. If you can see they don't have the skill then you should make sure they at least have some fun. Don't be those guys and beat them 39-3 :rolleyes:

Yeah i was trying to tell my guys to back off but they were so horrible at fielding it seemed like we would just have to not run to first for them to get an out. In the third inning we werent taking extra bases we eased up and it was just single after single plus all thier errors.

Mark1980

Manager
Where I play they have each division plays a certain day of the week. Our summer division is Tuesday nights so many of our guys have work schedules set up so they get Tuesday nights off. Well for fall ball they go from 4 to 3 divisions and we should be playing the middle division, but for fall that night is Wednesday, which meant half our team couldn't play. So we requested Tuesday which is the lowest division, they told us no go we gotta play Wednesdays since we have no business playing Tuesdays for fall ball. So we go and get some pretty good mid and upper guys from summer league to replace the guys who cannot play. Turns out the league changed their minds and let us have Tuesday nights. So now we have all the new guys and the old guys, 15 or 16 guys, but the overall talent level is quite a bit better than our mid level summer team.

This last Tuesday was the first night of fall ball. First game we play has a midget (who I just happened to graduate with from high school) catching, they have a pitcher who cannot defend their self and took a liner off the face and was taken to the hospital. Second team we play is a bunch of young black guys who look like they had never played ball before in their lives. The first team we beat with the midget catcher was beating these guys 18-2 after 2 innings when the team with all the young black dudes had to take a forfeit since some of their guys were ejected for cussing (after 3 or 4 warnings). We ended up beating them 23-3 in 3, and luckily no one was hurt this game, we let up a bit and we were all cool and at least they had fun. Shaking hands after the game they were like damn you old dudes really gave it to us, one of our guys said hey not old just middle age lol. In the end I left the park feeling pretty guilty playing these teams. We are by no means even close to being a good team (.500 for div3 summer league this year), but for low level league its kinda ridiculous. We played lowest level for years when we were starting out and even sucked with bad losing records, seems these days the lower level league teams are WAY worse than they were when we were normally down there.

g8orguy

Addicted to Softballfans
All mens teams sign up. They split you up into your own "league" at each diamond. At the very least i was saying there was 16 (5 + 5 + 6 assuming there were only 5 teams on the other diamonds and they divided it evenly) so there could be 16 - 19 teams on thursday night im not sure. We are only scheduled to play the teams on our diamond. I just wish they would at least try to put all the rec teams or all the comp teams on the same diamond. I have fun everygame, but im tired of runruling teams after three inning. This is more because they are horrible and we are average, not bc we are the best team out there or anything. I originally said 6 bc i wasnt thinking when i replied, there is 6 in my league that was broke up into three sections.

I think you should run for LD and fix all the problems.

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
During my thurs night league this year, we won our first game by 2, Got run ruled our second game by 15 runs, run ruled the other team on the third game, and won 39-3 last night when we only had 8 guys..... against a horrible team(kinda secret brag post kinda not). There is no classification separating teams competitive or non competitive because they see no need as they say. Its frustrating to play a real good team then go up against a bunch of 50 year old plus church guys the next week that cant run. Ok my rants over. There is no real point to this post just wanted to b**** to my computer.:D
how does the team you beat 39-3 usually do? Are they routinely getting smashed like that? Are there other teams on the other diamonds also getting smashed like that?

Cabo

Addicted to Softballfans
Reading comp in this thread is a whole lotta fail. Guessing the guys who are replying to this thread are all league directors. Nobody seems to grap what the op is saying...

Three diamonds, should be at least three divisions.

My complex has upper and lower divisions and there really isn't much of a difference. Teams that can't catch end up in the upper and there's always teams going 19-1 and 20-running everyone year after year in the lower.