Wide softball shoes

Tamati63

Speaking as a generalization people in NZ have wide feet (Maori/Pacific island genetics). Over here we favour the NB range for that reason.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I've absolutely loved my New Balance cleats. I've actually loaned them out to a couple guys who immediately went and bought their own after trying mine.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
New Balance are by far the easiest shoes to regularly find in wide and extra wide sizes

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep, another vote for New Balance here. Salomon also makes wide turfs as well...took me blowing through 2 pairs in a year before the customer service lady told me.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
Asics TRAIL shoes .....
this is good sound advice- you don't have to be specfic to softball turf shoes ....think outside the box
they are the same thing

Lee

Yep NB Trail Runners!! Their Turf shoes are great but I've got a few of my teammates hooked on NB Trail Runners as well. They come in wide sizes and are the most comfortable.

jg12662

Salomon SpeedCross is very good. Great traction on everything from turf to mud. I wear wide shoes and these are a bit snug when new but quickly mold to my feet and will last all season. I can wear all day with no discomfort.
Be aware that there are generic versions out there (will have a capital A in the name). These are cheaply made and won't last.

giovannig

This may not be what your looking to hear, but sharing anyway.

Struggled for a long time trying to find wide, comfortable shoes. I always had to buy a size up, just to get the width I needed. But then the length obviously becomes an issue. Ok, pop in some insoles/orthos of choice. But still the foot by the ankle would be too loose. I finally decided to custom create cleats on Nike.com. Made a high top that has straps by the ankle for the lockdown. This is the best setup I've concocted. * shrug * , But maybe I shouldn't be such a brand snob for Nike, and pick up NBs.

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
Apparently my suggestion to help someone was deleted for being "garbage" because I mentioned a reputable place to find a great deal on Salomon shoes, even though the store doesn't sell them unless they're hidden somewhere I can't see. :rolleyes: