Wilson Customs Problems

Well folks, Wilson seems to have **** the bed. My first custom was finished at the Japan shop on the 18th, then arrived at their distribution center on the 24th.

To date I have not received any kind of shipping confirmation that it has started to make it's way to me.

I called on Monday, they said it would head out Tuesday.
I called Wednesday after not hearing anything and they said it would be heading out on Thursday...

Here we are on Friday with nothing, and I mean zilch.

I'm going to call them this morning on my way up to the Ann Arbor VA for an appointment. Don't think I will be placing any repeat orders anytime soon... if ever for that matter.

Spoke with another CS rep this morning. Seems the glove has just made it to their distribution facility last night.

Oddly enough this is EXACTLY the same thing they have told me every time I have called. I asked the lady why I should take her at face value when this has been the case. She didn't know what to say.

Wilson sucks.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
At least you got info that far. Mine never even made it to me. Last anyone heard about mine was "my order was received and in production". They ended up cancelling and refunding me after 12-13 weeks.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
How long have you waited? Are Wilson's wait times longer than the standard Rawlings wait time? I feel like we've been spoiled with the 4 week turnaround of the Rawlings customs.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Was yours an A2K as well? Is this an issue with Wilson in Japan or a bigger issue?

At least you got info that far. Mine never even made it to me. Last anyone heard about mine was "my order was received and in production". They ended up cancelling and refunding me after 12-13 weeks.

It's been 8 weeks, and I don't begrudge them the time they need to do their job, my issue lies with their customer service, both with their inability to do their job and the lack of accurate information. Their website says one thing, and every CS rep you talk to has their own story, and for the life of me, for what these things cost it shouldn't be that way. They seem to have a hard time giving you any answer, and when they finally do it's always the same bull**** one that someone told you before.

For me at least it's not worth my time or my $$$. I wouldn't mind at all in paying a little more for quality and exceptional customer service... Wilson has left me with neither.

Niccc2

Star Player
That's kind of odd; I'd be just as upset as you if they kept giving me the run around. Luckily I've ordered 6 A2000's through the custom website and I think only one took the whole 8 weeks to arrive. Hopefully you see your glove soon, it will definitely be a beauty.

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
Hopefully you got names/date/times when you called. If your going to complain, you have that as reference.

Monday, June 27th - Craig 10am EST

Wednesday, June 29th - Victor 9am EST

Friday, July 1st - Olivia 9am EST

Shipping method is USPS.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
I've never ordered a Wilson, but with Rawlings, who you place the order through effects the time to completion. I ordered 2 customs 1 day apart with 2 different sites. The gloves arrived 2 weeks apart.

scor4

The majority of the products I have ordered from Japan have been shipped to the US via EMS. Their tracking system can be a nightmare - to the point where vendors I have given repeat business to will not charge me until I receive the item.

The majority of the products I have ordered from Japan have been shipped to the US via EMS. Their tracking system can be a nightmare - to the point where vendors I have given repeat business to will not charge me until I receive the item.

Wilson's custom shop does not ship products directly to customers. The finished product is sent to Wilson's distribution center in Tennessee, where it is rerouted to the appropriate delivery service whether it be the USPS, UPS, or FedEx.

Let's not forget that I was notified on the 18th that my order was finished. I was then notified again on the 24th that it had both arrived at the distribution facility and had been reshipped out and was on it's way to my door. I only began contacting them after I hadn't received my glove, not to mention any kind of tracking information.

The issue lies in that Wilson CS keeps changing their story. There's literally no consistency. Every time I've talked to them they've insisted that my purchase has just arrived the night prior. This clearly has not been the case, and when pressed for specifics they are unable to give any.

This truly has to be one of the finest examples of exactly what any customer should avoid anywhere that I have ever seen.

If I don't receive my purchase by next Friday I will be pressing for a refund citing that I haven't received what I have long ago paid for in their stated time. I don't think they know where it is either. Hell, I don't even think they can tell me with any certainty if it was ever made.

What a horrible way to do business. Nothing quite like taking a customers money and then ****ing them over. I'll never do business with Wilson again.

Jen_16

Coach
It's been less than a week since they supposedly received it in the states and you're going mad? I'm sure they'll be thrilled to have you as a repeat customer

It's been less than a week since they supposedly received it in the states and you're going mad? I'm sure they'll be thrilled to have you as a repeat customer

Always good to have your opinion Jen...

Again, I was notified on the 24th that it had arrived at their distribution center AND had been shipped out to me. After failing to receive a tracking number is when I started making inquires. You'd know that if you'd have taken the time to read my input instead of making ****ty remarks.

I find it hard to give your point of view any weight after Wilson's poor effort in addressing my concerns. One would think that after three phone calls Wilson would be able to find their ass with two hands, or at the least give me some kind of concrete information, maybe even with a little accuracy.

Perhaps you'd feel differently if it was your $$$. Custom A2k's aren't cheap.

Good luck with your shoulder injury, and your sale on the forum.

Last edited:

Hiltz

Built for comfort

Always good to have your opinion Jen...

Good luck with your shoulder injury, and your sale on the forum.

Salty, when you finally get the glove just use it for a season and then sell it as NWOT.

So today I get an email from Wilson stating that my bat would be sent out tomorrow overnight shipping.

That's GREAT, other than I ordered a glove, not a bat.

Wilson... never again.

Soxfan8

Starting Player
You kind of win some and lose some when you order customs. Sometimes they beat the delivery estimate by 50% and no problems, other times you wait and wait. Sending you a bat would be a new one, though.

But, if they are still within the typical processing time, or even a bit over, there is not much you can do. While it is annoying that they are sending you seemingly meaningless updates, it's probably best to keep an even keel until it shows up on your doorstep. Good luck.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't blame you for being upset, but I personally wouldn't get too worked up about it. Sounds like it's on it's way...

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Wilson is having some internal issues with customs specifically. In the past two months I have had a custom glove and custom bat order not even get entered. I hope whatever the issue is they get this stuff fixed as it make for very unhappy customers like Salty....

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
I never received my custom 1781 and was refunded in full 2 months later. Complete BS.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
My 2 customers whose orders were not placed got a 50% refund. You guys should come to me when ordering your customs!!