Winter World Qualifier in Phoenix on Nov 16-19

Prrebel

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys

Anyone here playing in the Winter World Qualifier in Phoenix on Nov 19-22?

We are making our first trip to the US to play ball. We are a 40+ team (I'm the old guy at nearly 49), and because it is our first tourney south of the border, we are ranked in the "major" division. I know we will be getting our asses handed to us, but we are in it for the experience. We get a chance to get away from the cold (our softball season here ended about a month ago), see the sites, make some new softball buds, and play some ball that is different from what we normally see.

Just wondering if anyone on here are playing in either of the divisions, and what team you may be playing for.

I am playing with a team called Tucker Electronics, out of Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada.

Cheers

Sr.Canuck

Addicted to Softballfans
Our team from Vancouver, BC has been going to and playing in Phoenix since we were 50s. We are now playing 65 Major Plus there this year. Always had a good time and have usually done fine playing there however, we are fortunate as we can still do BP here on the West Coast in November so it helps stay in game shape. They have a lot of nice complexes in Phoenix, warm weather, beer is cheap and food is plentiful.

Fourty M is very good ball.

Good luck there and enjoy the senior bats. Newfie' teams are ALWAYS the most fun people anywhere. The teams that get to play you are in for a treat!

HAT MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
I will be there in 40s also. FYI all new teams start in major according to the rules and must play 3 qualifiers to petition to drop down. If director feels you belong in major they will leave you if need be they bump teams to major plus as well.\
this tourney only has 1 division and no major + teams allowed in 40s. I say that with a grain of salt since JOOSE from NV came in 2nd at worlds in major and 4th in major the year before and are playing in this.

You will get at least 5 games in min and will enjoy the weather.

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
I did get released from my club team to play at this tourney...my team not going:( This past Worlds I moved to 55 AAA...man it was hot! Cy'a all dare! Aloha, Fabe:thumb:

Prrebel

Addicted to Softballfans
I will be there in 40s also. FYI all new teams start in major according to the rules and must play 3 qualifiers to petition to drop down. If director feels you belong in major they will leave you if need be they bump teams to major plus as well.\
this tourney only has 1 division and no major + teams allowed in 40s. I say that with a grain of salt since JOOSE from NV came in 2nd at worlds in major and 4th in major the year before and are playing in this.

Yip..... and our first game? You guessed it.... Team Joose :) Looks like we got tossed into the deep end with the sharks, and us without our waterwings.

The problem we have is that it costs so much for us to travel. We have been fundraising for nearly 2 years for this trip and win or lose, we are going to have fun and drink a ****e load of cheap beer. A few of us are heading up to Vegas for a few days before heading back home to recover.

Can't wait.

who are you playing with Hat Man?

HAT MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
Play with SBOB we play at 8 and 930. Protect your valuables. The oak is in a bad area of town.
Come say hi, I will give you a bottle of shine to enjoy.

hitemdeep

Addicted to Softballfans
Fabe see you soon have a safe trip....vinny I want a bottle please....playing with AZ Regulators,,,#26 Mike...Vin whose SBOB? New team or name change?

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
Lookn forward to playn somewhere new! Always a blessing seeing U Mike! Hope it won't be too cold:confused: Aloha, Fabe

hitemdeep

Addicted to Softballfans
Lookn forward to playn somewhere new! Always a blessing seeing U Mike! Hope it won't be too cold:confused: Aloha, Fabe

Bring some warm clothes my bruddah! its suppose to be highs of about 68 and lows of about 40's next weekend. Cold for an island boy. you could always play in one wet suit...haha you probably don't even own one you never need it..lol

Playr4

Coach
I will be there. Arizona Old School 50 Major. Number 14.

Played with Tuscon Hammertime last year, 50 AAA. Really good/humble guys on that team. Wish Hammertime best of luck. I am picking them to win the 50 AAA. We finished third this year in Vegas 50 AAA worlds.

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
We might do this one next year instead of worlds in Vegas. You guys that do both let me know which is more fun.

Eff

Playr4

Coach
Both are a great time. Played in the Phoenix one the last 2 years. Weather was perfect. Cold and rainy this weekend in Tucson and Phoenix. Looked at the extended forecast. Suppose to be in in the mid 70's.

Prrebel

Addicted to Softballfans
Better be in the 70's! Looking at snow falling this morning here. Been cold and wet for the last week or so with temps around 3-4 degrees (high 30's american :) )
See we get screwed on both the exchange rate and the temperature rate :(

Can't wait to step on the plane Wednesday morning.

Hendo9

Softball Junkie

(SAW YOUR ANSWER).... What time you playing? I'll swing by for some shine an to cheer you on since Im not playing :)

HAT MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
hendo here is times

8am and 930am Friday for round Robin. Then either 5pm or 630pm..............

evadellpower

Addicted to Softballfans
Hand picked is major plus 40, they will have to spot five runs to everyone. We're staying in Cali playing in Palm Springs, more teams and bigger prize package.

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
Player4 Hammertime had a good team, but didn't make the finals...it was Down n Dirty n Hawaii 50. We were bless to double dip in the finals....great time n met a great bunch of new guys!:thumb:Aloha, Fabe

Prrebel

Addicted to Softballfans
Had a great time in Phoenix. Got our asses handed to us the first couple of games. Thanks to Nicon Trucking for lending us a couple of bats for our 3rd game. we did not have any senior bats and it made quite the difference. Played great in our last 4 games, winning one to extend our stay well into Saturday night.
We played 6 great teams and every one of them were made up of a great bunch of guys, who made us welcome win or lose. Took away some great memories. Thanks to all the teams for jumping in our team pics after each game, accepting our pins and signing our provincial flag, all the while showing great sportsmanship.

Got to meet a couple of board bros, "Hitemdeep" and "Hatman". Thanks Vinny for the tasty "drink" and the voodoo batting gloves. I wore them the remainder of the weekend. classy guys one and all.

Hope to meet up with you guys again in a couple of years when we try and make the trip again.

Tucker Electronics
te_zpscakvb4io.jpg

with Team Joose
te%20amp%20joose_zpsttfnq6h3.jpg

With Nicon Trucking
te%20amp%20nicon_zpsnqxrn3sh.jpg

With Reno Elite
te%20amp%20reno%20elite_zpszq3jpuo8.jpg

With CRS
te%20amp%20crs_zps9dzkjssj.jpg

With Aces
te%20amp%20aces_zpszcgbx8hk.jpg

With Los Compas
te%20amp%20los%20compas_zps47umwcaa.jpg

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Just curious but why in the world would you go to a senior tournament, especially a world tournament and not bring a senior bat?

Prrebel

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't use them in Canada.
shouldn't have said we didn't have any.... we borrowed a couple from a 55+ team that was down here a couple of years ago (Ultra II). Broke one of them a day before the tourney during some BP as we were trying to get used to the heat, the fields and the bats. We did buy 3 Dudley bats to start the 2nd day of the tourney from the dealer who was at the field. That made a big difference.

Anyway, as I said earlier, we were there more for the trip than anything else. I can bet you, that no team drank more beer than we did :)

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't use them in Canada.
shouldn't have said we didn't have any.... we borrowed a couple from a 55+ team that was down here a couple of years ago (Ultra II). Broke one of them a day before the tourney during some BP as we were trying to get used to the heat, the fields and the bats. We did buy 3 Dudley bats to start the 2nd day of the tourney from the dealer who was at the field. That made a big difference.

Anyway, as I said earlier, we were there more for the trip than anything else. I can bet you, that no team drank more beer than we did :)

Glad you had fun... As I read earlier, they made you play the highest division they had correct? Now that they know your team will they let you come play next year in the division you belong in whichever that may be?