Worst Excuse for No Show

yance

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a Sunday night team for several years. Had some crazy excuses, Him "Went to the Chiefs game." Me, "That ended 3 hours ago" Him " I know but I still can't find my car.. You probably don't want me anyway. I had a few brews." What is your favorite Excuse?

trippy1313

Starting Player
Not softball but work... we had a guy miss a couple days cause his grandpa died. Which we understood.

Then maybe 6 months later he missed a another few days, without a call, then finally said his grandpa died...

Boss asked if was a different grandpa... dude had no answer, never showed up to work again.... Talked to him years later... his granpas are fine.

Redsfan

For an all day tournament, 3 brothers apparently had a last minute bachelor party on Saturday morning. They used the same excuse for another tournament the next year...
I played with 3 brothers that made us miss two games because their wives got in a fight in the crown during the first game and then the brothers went and joined in. They got kicked out of the current game and were ineligible for our second game of the night. Forfeited both games because it left us with 7 players. Haha

defos

I was going to say maybe you shouldn't have brothers on your teams, then remembered I have 3 pairs of brothers on my team.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
"I'm playing for my other Monday night team." What the!?!?
I tend to get this one, if they show up the next week, they bat last, they tend to quit or I just tell them we don’t need them anymore, sad part is I have had it happen 3 different times over the years and 1 time he subbed for the opposite team smh

trippy1313

Starting Player
I tend to get this one, if they show up the next week, they bat last, they tend to quit or I just tell them we don’t need them anymore, sad part is I have had it happen 3 different times over the years and 1 time he subbed for the opposite team smh
That's messed up. Commit to one team per day. Seems obvious. I wouldn't want them on the team ever again.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Girl came to one coed game, then completely disappeared for a year. Cell number went invalid, deleted her FB account, just gone.

A little over a year later she contacted us out of the blue. "Sorry I bailed on you guys, I accidentally got pregnant."

nam2212

Dr. Nick
We had a girl on a work coed team that showed up to the first 4 games. She caught and couldn’t even throw the ball back to the pitcher so she rolled it. Never made contact with the ball in an at bat. She didn’t even really act like she wanted to be there. She showed up late to a game so was going to be a sub at catcher. We got the **** beat out of us so she never got an at bat that game. Got pissed and never showed up again.

r8dr_rider

Girl came to one coed game, then completely disappeared for a year. Cell number went invalid, deleted her FB account, just gone.

A little over a year later she contacted us out of the blue. "Sorry I bailed on you guys, I accidentally got pregnant."
What player impregnated her lol

KAPTHAT

AREA LEGEND
a guy on my fall league team said he was gonna stay home and watch football..... i figured he knew football be on when he signed up for FALL league the team..

dunkky

as long as they paid the fee.. we have tons of guys wanting to get picked up.. so no issue if they wanna stay home.

I had an opposite experience. i didn't wanna go due to toll fee and long drive, but the manager insisted he needs me.

so even though i didn't wanna play, i showed up. After EH-ing first game, he told me he doesn't need me for the 2nd game. wtf??? turned out his player who said couldn't make it showed up, so i gotta go. that's a big time douch move by the manager with no respect. old people suppose to be nicer??? who made that baloney statement?? it's the opposite because old people have the thicker skin and don't give a crap. young guys don't do that unless they are really messed up. anyway, just saying... lol

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
as long as they paid the fee.. we have tons of guys wanting to get picked up.. so no issue if they wanna stay home.

I had an opposite experience. i didn't wanna go due to toll fee and long drive, but the manager insisted he needs me.

so even though i didn't wanna play, i showed up. After EH-ing first game, he told me he doesn't need me for the 2nd game. wtf??? turned out his player who said couldn't make it showed up, so i gotta go. that's a big time douch move by the manager with no respect. old people suppose to be nicer??? who made that baloney statement?? it's the opposite because old people have the thicker skin and don't give a crap. young guys don't do that unless they are really messed up. anyway, just saying... lol
Hey now watch who you're calling old nice baloney lol.

In this case I would have used my thick skin and told the guy who wasn't supposed to show up that he would be filling in when/where needed since I had to find someone else to cover cuz he told me he wasn't going to make it

dunkky

Hey now watch who you're calling old nice baloney lol.

In this case I would have used my thick skin and told the guy who wasn't supposed to show up that he would be filling in when/where needed since I had to find someone else to cover cuz he told me he wasn't going to make it
lol.... I am just saying, people try to generalize that seniors behave better. that's is not true at all.. it's all about character. when young guys do something like that, I understand more because they are young and doesn't know. I just can't stand it when old guys do that because they know exactly what they are doing and knowingly doing it. That's messed up in my opinion.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I know a guy who bailed on his team mid-tournament to go to some stupid winemaking thing with his wife. His team got to the championship and literally had to pick up a guy out of the bleachers to continue playing.

Kaveman

Trend Setter
Got a text right before the game from a player stating he was working late...minute later received another text, assuming he thought he was texting some one else, saying he was so hammered from drinking during happy hour and was looking for some 'other' party treats!

TheKid33

Star Player
Have gotten a lot of these being mentioned in this thread.

Some of the most ridiculous ones I’ve got over the last few years:

- Im not coming because I was planning on our games getting rained out, we shouldn’t have to play tonight (so screw your teammates over then, right?).

- “it’s too hot out” from a guy in peak physical shape who was 22 years old.

- Thursday night game “Can’t make it sons birthday party on Sunday gotta help set up”

- “my car is in the shop” guy who lives 5 minutes from the field. Could’ve easily gotten a ride from anyone.

- “it’s my gf’s birthday”… Bro, grow a pair.

r8dr_rider

I love it when the player asks someone to pay the entrance/ump fee. It’s cash only and you don’t have $5? This isn’t the first game bro. Or when a guy hasn’t paid fees and it’s halfway through the season and he keeps telling me he’ll pay on his next pay day cuz he doesn’t have money yet he’s smoking a fat joint in the inning. Where did you get money for weed?

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
Not softball but work... we had a guy miss a couple days cause his grandpa died. Which we understood.

Then maybe 6 months later he missed a another few days, without a call, then finally said his grandpa died...

Boss asked if was a different grandpa... dude had no answer, never showed up to work again.... Talked to him years later... his granpas are fine.

My wifes cousin runs a dumpster business. he hired a guy who had worked for the city trash collecting dept. the guy was there like a few weeks and then had to miss a bunch of times over the next few months for various "emergencies" including family deaths and stuff. the cousin knew a guy that worked for the city and asked about it under the table and the guy basically said, he worked for us for a year and basically always had to leave for emergencies and they eventually fired him because they were like he's got the most unlucky family in the world or he's a liar. and he asked what were the excuses and basically was all the exact same ones he used at the city.

trippy1313

Starting Player
Hahaha. I heard a phrase.... what was it...

Something like, "If you tell the truth, you wont have to remember your lies."

Or something to the affect of these examples of people mixing up their lies. Lol.