Worth "feel" HELP

Theseaduck

The Veteran
Here's the deal....miken 20th asa 12" balanced pretty sure will not last the season and I'm getting desperate and cant find anything...

Can any of you describe the feel of this ?
Hard barrel or Soft barrel ? [GALLERY=media, 34369]3962_sn by Theseaduck posted Oct 8, 2020 at 7:33 AM[/GALLERY]

*important note*
I have owned the 2017 BLUE EST and hated it because it was like "in my words hitting a 2x4" ball went very far but barrel hard....and I didint like that...
Could use some board help even if it's the same year Est ....

Things I swing
Orange ressy - softbarrel
Miken freak 20th anniversary Asa 12" Balanced

Joker

one of these days people will finally realize miken and worth are the same thing with a different name

Theseaduck

The Veteran
They are not ....est do not feel like legits
I dont claim to be an expert but I know first hand....
Its contradictory when I say this but sometimes hype or an idea gets out there and people start believing stuff that isn't 100 % true...

N LA Hacker

Illuminati
Here's the deal....miken 20th asa 12" balanced pretty sure will not last the season and I'm getting desperate and cant find anything...

Hard barrel or Soft barrel ? [GALLERY=media, 34369]3962_sn by Theseaduck posted Oct 8, 2020 at 7:33 AM[/GALLERY]

*important note*
I have owned the 2017 BLUE EST and hated it because it was like "in my words hitting a 2x4" ball went very far but barrel hard....and I didint like that...

Things I swing
If you hated the 2017 version, what makes you think the 2018 version would be much different?

Theseaduck

The Veteran
to n la hacker
If you hated the 2017 version, what makes you think the 2018 version would be much different?
Your 100 percent right dead on the money
Exactly! why I asked
But unlike joker and some people I am a believer that things do change year to year...i do believe in repaints but not every bat year to year is a repaint..

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans

*important note*

Things I swing

2017 blue est? What model number?

Theseaduck

The Veteran
I never understood why lsxfreak would lose distance but rather have feel....that bat thought me that.....
Why I asked for help ..didnt want to buy another est with a hard barrel with no feedback ...

Theseaduck

The Veteran
and companies will keep taking money of morons that believe that
Why do guys make best of bats for each year if according to you they dont change? So the og freak 30 and the next years freak 30 same bat ?
Same goes for worth resmondos.....
Sorry I dont buy it.
And no I dont buy a new bat every year trying to find the next greatest thing....

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
The standards can't change unless whatever sanctions change their standards, only tweek them enough to be close to fail (hot out wrap) to set the hook and reel you in. Yes once bat is failing it may be (hotter) but by that time it is illegal and or will break and folk keep feeding the money grub

tonys1

Why do guys make best of bats for each year if according to you they dont change? So the og freak 30 and the next years freak 30 same bat ?
Same goes for worth resmondos.....
Sorry I dont buy it.
And no I dont buy a new bat every year trying to find the next greatest thing....

Because YouTube views and channels generate money, because people pick up the sport every year, so depends who’s watching it and what is their intent. What actual value those reviews provide is debatable, but I think we’re now programmed to look for reviews on products before making a purchase. I could see a new player needing some guidance, because what’s a mule load vs a max load, etc. A lot of us here own way more bats than we need and I’m certainly guilty of that.

If I’m a new guy looking for a bat, it doesn’t hurt to have a new bat of the year review because good chance last year’s models are mostly sold out. Again, those guys make their videos with the intent to make some extra cash, do something they enjoy and how we consume that content is different from person to person.

If it costs $5k to certify a bat, it certainly decreases your cost per bat if you have 5,000 units waiting to be repainted as whatever color / name for the next 2-3 year than it is to limit production to 400 bats and recertify every time because you overhauled the design. The $5k is completely made up, but you see my point.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Any bat with a different model name needs to be submitted for certification, even if it's a repaint of last year's model. I don't know of any bat that was ever released with the exact same model name as the previous year's model.

I think the reason bat companies keep re-painting bats is because there's nothing they can really do to improve at this point. Everything is redlining, they can't make a bat better because they're limited by the bat standards. The only thing they can do is keep renaming their composite and giving their endloads dumb names to make consumers think they're actually different.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
I wont comment any more after this but do you all know what 1/100th or 1/1000 of an inch is? Its thickness....or here's an total exaggeration but turning the carbon fiber sheets so possibly the direction is changed when you lay it down?
Layers of paint /thickness
Different paint
Glue
Weight of glue
These are All called changes and there could be hundreds of them could be 1000s
These are all changes to a product ( bat) that make it different from last years model not just a factory produced cookie cutter product year to year that you all believe in...
This isn't me working out if my garage this is a billion dollar revenue company with R&D...
You all can sit back and not think outside the box and believe what you want but a minor change is a change therefore different from last years model...

I bet you good money they have a robot that can change swing speeds ..determine exit speed and distance...I bet you they can determine how many swings it takes to break a bat hitting in the same spot..
For a huge company this is all just science...and making a small change is not a repaint of the same thing year to year...
Keep your bat name to save money that means nothing...

Last edited:

Theseaduck

The Veteran
That post shows you have no clue and no proof....mr trump you have nothing but comments and ignorance...you have no business here...
Only a sucker if I spend my hard earned money....more ignorance on your part....
Eat crow

Hiltz

Built for comfort
There are all kinds of minor tweaks you can make to a bat's construction. But when everything you already produce is right on the razor's edge of failing certification testing, why would you?

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I have the exact bat you have pictured in 28 ounce. It Crushes any ball. Super durable and has a responsive barrel and a semi stiff handle. I would definitely not say it feels like a 2X4. If anything it is a bit soft. ASA/USA Compression is 1050 passing. (softer then the long barrel versions which are 1300). I really like mine. But, that being said. It cannot out hit my Monsta's....

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the exact bat you have pictured in 28 ounce. It Crushes any ball. Super durable and has a responsive barrel and a semi stiff handle. I would definitely not say it feels like a 2X4. If anything it is a bit soft. ASA/USA Compression is 1050 passing. (softer then the long barrel versions which are 1300). I really like mine. But, that being said. It cannot out hit my Monsta's....

And which Monstas are you referring to?

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
27 Fallout with a Stiff handle has taken over recently for ASA Gamer (I always kind of liked the Monsta, but I always bought 2500 handle bats, once I got the 3500 and the new 3900, Look out!). It was my OG Aftermath or Harvey before that. But, I swing a lot of bats.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
Hey if my feedback is true I sold you and your son my Blue est....
That bat crushed for me but it felt like hitting a 2x4...
Hearing you say crushes makes me happy cause I pulled the trigger on one and a board bro here hooked me up...
Felt desperate because my 20th anniversary 12" is on it's way out
I have yet to swing it because of rain
Soft ? Well see I'm itching to hit it