Worth gold dot?

Inspektor

Addicted to Softballfans
League supplies these balls, I've been injured all year and will be coming back this week. I need to know what bat to use with a worth gold dot.
Og crush
scx3
scn8
f98
rayzr
juggernaut

cjricha

Lazy Fat Man
I have used both the F98 and the OG Crush with the Gold Dots. To me, both hit well, but I would definitely go with the F98.

nickolie22

Addicted to Softballfans
Juggy is a pile of fuq. Use the extended or SCN8 or the F98. Something more "stiff" than the juggy.

Tobes42

Here for the popcorn!
League supplies these balls, I've been injured all year and will be coming back this week. I need to know what bat to use with a worth gold dot.
Og crush
scx3
scn8
f98
rayzr
juggernaut

any shaved bat........those balls wont go past 2nd base with any bat. :D F98 sounds good though (in all seriousness shaved bats = for ******* = NGTG)

cpizzle

Addicted to Softballfans
How the hell are these turd balls so popular? It doesn't take a rocket scientist, or even a good softball player to realize that they are total garbage. Are they like super cheap or something? That's the only thing I can think of... I've never priced them because I wouldn't in my right mind ever consider buying them for any reason.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
juggy probably since the synthetic gold dots blow. However if you freak 98 has like 1500 or more cuts on it then I'd say use that. If they are the leather gold dots that are much harder then use your scx3 if it's broken in.

birdman12

Addicted to Softballfans
dont know of the rayzr, but the other listed bats should do the job. nothing wrong with a gold dot if you change ball every inning...

boley18

The Veteran
How the hell are these turd balls so popular? It doesn't take a rocket scientist, or even a good softball player to realize that they are total garbage. Are they like super cheap or something? That's the only thing I can think of... I've never priced them because I wouldn't in my right mind ever consider buying them for any reason.

The leagues that I play in had two pitchers hurt last year so the city that runs/owns the fields said we need to use softer balls. These balls are killing softball in my area. Our men's league in spring we had 31 teams now for summer men's league we 15 teams due to the balls.

Inspektor

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for all the replies, our league just switched to these and everyone is complaining about them. We get one new ball IF we're the first game of the night. Just trying to get a leg up on the competition.

boley18

The Veteran
Thanks for all the replies, our league just switched to these and everyone is complaining about them. We get one new ball IF we're the first game of the night. Just trying to get a leg up on the competition.

you better get a group together and put a stop to it now because your leagues will fall apart like ours have. PPL were getting pissed because they were paying $400 for the league and hitting pumpkins.:mad:

BRAIN

Rookie
Og crush
scx3
scn8
f98
rayzr
juggernaut

My 09 Ressy hits the Gold Dots pretty good. I had a 98 DWD that hit them pretty good to.

aulee42

In the ice shanty
Gold dots are all that my leagues have used for the last 5 years. The ball isnt to bad for the first 3 innings. it does get softer after that but still goes if you hit it square. Hell of alot better than hitting a sb12. So to answer your question, any of your bats will hit the ball just fine.

The leagues that I play in had two pitchers hurt last year so the city that runs/owns the fields said we need to use softer balls. These balls are killing softball in my area. Our men's league in spring we had 31 teams now for summer men's league we 15 teams due to the balls.
So half the teams didnt return because of the ball. Thats hard to believe.

Ryno22980

Addicted to Softballfans
We hit blue dots for years, then starting in 2009 our leagues switched to gold dots with synthetic covers to save money. They are horrible, I had no problem switching to a .44 375 ball, but wished they would have went with Dudleys or something decent. These are so inconsistent, sometimes a get a decent one that is relatively hard for a few innings, and other times they are socks out of the wrapper. Guess our $500 per year fees are not enough.