Wrong Paypal Address

Committed

Sorry to hear about the hassle but it sounds like you came away fairly unscathed.

Always use a credit card for online purchases. ALWAYS. The fraud protection will step in and collect your funds if the seller or PayPal is unable to help.

I also will have the seller send me an invoice. It’s just too sketchy if I do not have the email saved in my account.

My precautions have heightened lately due to situations like yours. Even Chase bank quick pay can not return funds if you send to the wrong address.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
FINAL RESOLUTION:
My credit card company stepped up for me and issued a refund. I got back close to 95% of the payment. The rest covered PayPal and currency conversion fees. I was told that the fees were paid to PayPal and a financial institution and that neither the account holder who got the payment nor the Seller received any funds

I have not heard from the Seller since I told him the Security and Fraud Division of my credit card was managing the claim and I provided them all of the e-mail and PayPal account information I was given by the Seller.

I honestly do not know if this was a scam, but it should be used as a fair warning when dealing, especially when you are doing it with someone you don’t know. A few extra bucks to pay by goods using a verified credit card on your end is really money well spent. I know others have different opinions or reasons for not paying additional fees and they are entitled to them. I simply state that if it is within your ability to do it that way, please do all you can to protect yourself

Take care and best wishes to you and yours especially for a happy and safe holiday season

Good to hear this has been almost 100% resolved..

Now since the seller has stopped responding since investigation was mentioned would this be (buyer beware) worthy as it just seems very suspicious that seller just stopped responding.. Mods any insight on this type of situation!?!?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to hear this has been almost 100% resolved..

Now since the seller has stopped responding since investigation was mentioned would this be (buyer beware) worthy as it just seems very suspicious that seller just stopped responding.. Mods any insight on this type of situation!?!?

Not sure. If he just stopped responding, I'd say that's fishy. If he said okay, they're investigating so I assume it's handled, that might be different. I would probably at least list the seller's name here unless he made me feel very confident that it wasn't a scam.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Not sure. If he just stopped responding, I'd say that's fishy. If he said okay, they're investigating so I assume it's handled, that might be different. I would probably at least list the seller's name here unless he made me feel very confident that it wasn't a scam.
Sure.. Understood possibly op can/will respond with his take and whether or not he is confident it was not a scam..

tkr18

Addicted to Softballfans
Seller contacted me and re-paid all of my fees to make deal square. In the end, all that was lost was time. We did not re-do the deal.

I am leaning towards this being a strange and probably accidental set of coincidences. The Seller said he was from the Dallas area. The funds were converted into Kroner and then back into USD indicating either a Danish or possibly Norwegian based account.

While I won't explain it in detail, it certainly is worth noting that something like this could be a scam.

It certainly cemented how I will do my dealings going forward. The extra fees for goods & services and paying with a verified credit card are a small price to pay to ensure protection. Additionally, when I am dealing with someone new, I will always send a small account verification payment first to the account and ask the Seller to confirm receipt and the exact amount sent.

You are entitled to your own opinions and reasons, but I would strongly suggest covering yourself as best as possible and not taking the cheap route of friends and family unless you are absolutely certain of the party on the other end.

Thanks to all for your insights, suggestions and support. Best wishes to all, especially for a happy and safe holiday season.

AydenB00

The Rookie
Sorry to hear about the hassle but it sounds like you came away fairly unscathed.

Always use a credit card for online purchases. ALWAYS. The fraud protection will step in and collect your funds if the seller or PayPal is unable to help.

I also will have the seller send me an invoice. It’s just too sketchy if I do not have the email saved in my account.

My precautions have heightened lately due to situations like yours. Even Chase bank quick pay can not return funds if you send to the wrong address.

don't tell this to joker, he says SBF will always get your money back cause we has rules

Theseaduck

The Veteran
I know this is an,older post and,I found this very helpful, hope others do too...I kept reading and got involved in this story,but I don't understand something....we'll call u a softball guy; I don't know why someone would spend close to 1k on bats? unless the seller had every bat you ever wanted in great cond.....I dont do alot of bat deals on here mainly because I look for a specfic item, I know that's just preferance. but close to 1k on bats or a deal is pricey and rich....now that I think about it maybe not on bats? just didn't feel like erasing it all now

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I know this is an,older post and,I found this very helpful, hope others do too...I kept reading and got involved in this story,but I don't understand something....we'll call u a softball guy; I don't know why someone would spend close to 1k on bats? unless the seller had every bat you ever wanted in great cond.....I dont do alot of bat deals on here mainly because I look for a specfic item, I know that's just preferance. but close to 1k on bats or a deal is pricey and rich....now that I think about it maybe not on bats? just didn't feel like erasing it all now

Team purchase maybe??

I know there are typically a couple thousand dollars worth of bats in our dugout

bndawgs

President-Elect
you can buy 4 bats and spend $1k. or maybe someone is selling 7-8 bats for $1k that someone thinks they can then resell.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
I'm missing something ....full blown retail on bats is 300 bucks...
300 x 4 bats =1200
but you cant sell brand new bats the store sells on here and if someone pays full blown retail for an old bat that's just mind blowing....so it dosent make sense
There is always 1k (msrp) worth of bats in my bag (4 bats)..
it's neither here nor there....as long as that guy got him money back and people learn from others

tkr18

Addicted to Softballfans

I'm missing something ....full blown retail on bats is 300 bucks...
300 x 4 bats =1200
but you cant sell brand new bats the store sells on here and if someone pays full blown retail for an old bat that's just mind blowing....so it dosent make sense

You said that you read the thread....posts 8 and 28 give the ball park as about 1/2K and less than 1K......let's go with a reasonable estimate of the value of 3 mint condition: OG Freak Blacks or red 4TF's or red knob DC-41's and those are just Mikens that I use or have used....I am sure others can plug in 3 mint condition bats of another manufacturer that fit the "about 1/2K to less than 1K" range....

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
You said that you read the thread....posts 8 and 28 give the ball park as about 1/2K and less than 1K......let's go with a reasonable estimate of the value of 3 mint condition: OG Freak Blacks or red 4TF's or red knob DC-41's and those are just Mikens that I use or have used....I am sure others can plug in 3 mint condition bats of another manufacturer that fit the "about 1/2K to less than 1K" range....
I thought about commenting/explaining but figured if anyone has to, some probably still wouldn't understand lol..

Theseaduck

The Veteran
at this point I don't care, I made a comment because it was odd to me... maybe trying to shed some light when im baffled...maybe because I don't spend so much money on bats or have that much to spend I won't ever understand( I try one and keep or sell but never multiple at a shot) that is why I might not understand....
if u have it to spend then kudos to you...I hit with the one or two good ones i have, one bat does not hit 50 feet further that I need to keep trying new ones...
( "its the indian Not the arrow"bph) I never took shots at any of you persay or got nasty....I did read the very first post wrong when it said 1/2 I only remember 1k my apoligies...
it's done move on