WSC Opener Sturtevant WI April 7th

CMiller

Addicted to Softballfans
I could not agree more, when we(Subway) played Bubbas there was never any words being said either way. The middle is a part of the field too, and that is how we look at, and so do they. They just hit the crap out of the and we did not.

jlemmer24

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know where Lemmer got the idea from, but I doubt there is a single team at any of these tournaments that enjoys a 5-6 hour break in between games. I listened to him explain that he does it on purpose, and I couldn't believe it. That's gotta stop. He said something like, so guys could get breakfast or something stupid like that. who the fuhk eats a 5hr breakfast? All it does is allow me to get super tired and gives my muscles just enough time to tighten up between games then pull something as soon as I have to start moving again.

Klein your team played the 8 am POOL PLAY GAME.. You were guaranteed to sit the next 2 hours for other pool play games to finish. And I decided to reward the teams who won in pool play by starting the upper trny before the lower trny. What would you have done different? Thanks for input...

KappaKid83

Bubblers Are For Drinking
I thought it was run the right way lemmer, reward the upper teams is logical. They won and they deserve to not have to endure the long breaks. We lost and endured the long break but I didn't mind, I love watching softball when there are some very talented teams like subway/shockers/bubbas/venom around. Plus watching Brett hit was fantastic, he's a beast. The only thing I would have changed was he first umpire on field four, he was clueless and never moved from behind the plate which is frustrating for a tournament of this caliber. Overall though it was great. Thanks for all the hard work lemmer, much appreciated.

cobraklr96

Swings the best- STADIUMS
Glad it was not any worse for your guy that got hit.
Now why would you say that about bubbas? That is one reason they win so much is cuz people are afraid to hit middle, (I am not sayin hit at the pitcher). They have you guys beat before you hit the field if you are afraid to hit there. Ya they are good hitters for the most part but come on its part of the game, and they hit middle and talk more **** than anyone out there :eek:.. I am not bashing bubbs at all and most of the guys I am friends with on and off the field, I just dont understand why you would play different against them than anyone else. :confused:

they do talk more than anybody.. I didn't actually mean it like that. The only way to beat a team like bubba's is to hit like them. Sadly MOST teams cant. I mean every team has a power guy that can hit middle but they have a team down the order that will. Guys like WTP/KA for example (not trying to stroke ya here) are a team built with the same level of talent. you have a team that can keep up. Ive played against them a ton as well as shockers etc. Im not worried about going middle but i think when they are playing a "lower" team they need to back of a little and relax with the middle shots. they are going to mash the ball either way no need to hurt a E or D level pitcher. But i do understand this is a tourney and a open one at that...

I got the chance to play WTP once and it was a clinic. I also played the likes of venom and the other bigger teams, i respect good teams but i enjoy playing good teams that understand who they are playing.

cobraklr96

I thought it was run the right way lemmer, reward the upper teams is logical. They won and they deserve to not have to endure the long breaks. We lost and endured the long break but I didn't mind, I love watching softball when there are some very talented teams like subway/shockers/bubbas/venom around. Plus watching Brett hit was fantastic, he's a beast. The only thing I would have changed was he first umpire on field four, he was clueless and never moved from behind the plate which is frustrating for a tournament of this caliber. Overall though it was great. Thanks for all the hard work lemmer, much appreciated.

Guy on 4 was a little clueless but guy on 2 (?) bigger guy. nice as can be but was calling some 14-18 foot strikes all game..

Overall i though ran well, good talent and great teams showed. Balls were rocks towards the end of the night..

wtp12

meh.........
I also played the likes of venom and the other bigger teams, i respect good teams but i enjoy playing good teams that understand who they are playing.

I agree 100%, middle is always open but just know who you are playing and the talent level. There is no need to blow up the middle when playing a lower level team. With that being said Subway is a solid ASA/NSA C team that can hold their own with the likes of the better teams if they do happen to go middle.

chris21

Addicted to Softballfans
I think it was well run...a couple of the fields did get behind, but you'll have that when the games are back and forth and go all 7..I thought it was a really good early tourney with a bunch of good teams...really liked playing Venom in our first bracket game, took them to the 7th and lost by 1...the way I see it, lower class teams will only get better by playing and competing with the upper class teams (Venom, KA, Bubbas)...

cobraklr96

I agree 100%, middle is always open but just know who you are playing and the talent level. There is no need to blow up the middle when playing a lower level team. With that being said Subway is a solid ASA/NSA C team that can hold their own with the likes of the better teams if they do happen to go middle.

The fans/players were telling us during the game that subway was a solid d team. I apologize to whoever plays on subway piss poor info on my part. They were a good team, and i thought they did well against bubba's. When one the players on subway hit middle we just walked over, and the guys off the field said that a little smack was being talked between the two teams, then we saw bubbas shot middle all inning after that.

Sorry about spreading rumors to you guys on subway..

wtp12

meh.........
The fans/players were telling us during the game that subway was a solid d team. I apologize to whoever plays on subway piss poor info on my part. They were a good team, and i thought they did well against bubba's. When one the players on subway hit middle we just walked over, and the guys off the field said that a little smack was being talked between the two teams, then we saw bubbas shot middle all inning after that.

Sorry about spreading rumors to you guys on subway..

Sorry I was not trying to argue with you or prove you wrong at all.
I was more agreeing with you about knowing the level you play and the team you are playing. I did not see the game when Singer got hit pitching but I am 100% sure you are right saying they hit middle next inning for sure. Its ok to hit middle but not with the intention of injuring someone! (I am not saying Bubbas was or was not trying to but I have played with and against them to know whats up!)

cobraklr96

Didn't take it that you were. Just dont want to spread rumors about guys/teams.. And yea ive played enough with bubba's to know what they are doing. Singer is a good dude, but they can be at times a little revenge "ish"

Were was WTP this weekend? i was expecting to see you guys..

wtp12

meh.........
I hear WTP has not started yet and next week will be their first tournament of the year. Myself and a few others have chosen to go a different route this year so I would expect to see a very different WTP team this year. (I cant change my name on here :mad:).
I really dont understand why they would not play in this tournament either seeing they are from less than 15 miles away from the park.

wtp12

meh.........
heard a few jumped to KA? good guys for the most part..

3 WTP guys switched to Venom, 1 to Shockers, 1 to strokin it, None to KA lol.
From the looks of it KA had some Hankes/sals guys but that might have been just for this tournament

cobraklr96

im killing it right now. Maybe i can think of something else that not right :)

KA looked good. Venom was on fire all day. And shockers? wow i knew that moved guys around this year but man. I saw a bunch of league guys who play for toby's with them.

coreyhess

Addicted to Softballfans
This was my first full tourney...I had fun and thought it was well-run. Can't wait to play in more this summer.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
The breaks weren't too bad except for our 1st one, but that was due to us losing and the field running behind. The game Kleinjohnson is talking about was supposed to be a 1:00 game but started at around 2:30. We got slaughtered by Mayehm to help get the schedule back on track lol. Plus Mr. Kleinjohnson, the one 2 hour break we did have, you decided to get your *D* *S*'d and fell asleep and missed the game! Maybe you need a 5 hr break between games!?! Ok, I won't mention it anymore haha.

Lemmer, the only advice I have for improvement, is have some sort of ice at the facility. Several players including myself REALLY could have used it. I understand it's not your park (I think) but you have to have some sort of 1st aide available. It took almost 20mins for the ambulance to get there for the dude who got rocked in the dome. Any updates on his status? He has been in my thoughts and prayers.
IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

cobraklr96

Justin is doing okay. He was sent home yesterday. Spent a few days in the icu for observation and make sure the bleeding stopped. He looks like he was hit my a bus. Ill ask him if its okay to post some pics today.

Dude you ankle looks nasty....

Kleinjohnson

Swinger... NOT collector
The breaks weren't too bad except for our 1st one, but that was due to us losing and the field running behind. The game Kleinjohnson is talking about was supposed to be a 1:00 game but started at around 2:30. We got slaughtered by Mayehm to help get the schedule back on track lol.

No, I'm talking about the fact that some teams played 3 games before we even got to our second game. There's no need for that, whether we lost our first game or not.

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
You have to run the winners bracket out before you can start the losers bracket again.

Just curious how many tournaments you have played before? That is how pretty much all tournaments are run. Also its softball of course it will be behind schedule. Lot of stuff guys bickering about is the same at every tournament.

chris21

Addicted to Softballfans
wasn't there a card draw for both the upper and lower?? I know for the upper, it was luck of the draw as to when you played...we could have drawn a different card and potentially had a 2-3 hour sit between our first and second game...I don't think that every team/player is going to be happy with every tournament and how it's run, but not all of the responsibility should fall on just the TD. Teams need to keep things rolling as well, maybe with less warm up time between games, etc. And there will always be high scoring games that take longer (especially with the ball we were hitting at HRH)...just have to take it all in stride, after all, we are playing softball....

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought the event was really well...The winners final between KA and Venom was a fantastic game 19-17 not a ton of runs and both teams played shut down defense. I am looking for ways to improve the WSC as a whole, so I'm open to hearing all of your input. WHats is going to get more teams to get there respective teams involved? I am trying to make something great here. Not about the money, its about the softball and the improvement of our state.

Gator23

Addicted to Softballfans
If you draw a card and get a 3 pm game after a 8 am pool game, how is that Lemmers fault? Not to mention once you get into bracket play, it's common knowledge if you have ever ran a tournament, that you always go back to the winners portion of the bracket first because it keeps the losing teams there longer to buy concessions and you make more $$$. If you played the losers bracket first you would have people leaving the tournament by 2pm. Not good for business. ;)

klu

on the mound
Jesse I drew a 7... It was my fault we played club mayhem at 2. And I also take the blame on losing every coin toss.