Other WSL modified ruling on Flip flop

Hustlers0211

Addicted to Softballfans
We were playing second game of the night in rec 10:30 pm on Thursday. Our last game went extra inning and the same two umps did both games. Needless to say they were probably ready to go home. We are getting railed I think 19 to 1 in I think the 3rd inning. We are the home team and we get a few runs but are retired in the bottom half of that inning. Ump calls ball game some of my teammates start asking about the flip flop rule. The umpire says that we are down fourteen and its ballgame. Couple more guys ask about it by now we have already shook hands umps says we can protest. I know that we have no business thinking we are going to come back from this deficit but we paid these umps to call a game and if only three more guys get sticks than they should because we paid for it. Can someone enlighten me to this rule?

MrEye

Addicted to Softballfans
To me, if I have everything right, I don't think the flip-flop comes into play here and I don't think it's ballgame either.

You're down 14 going into the 4th? It's 15 after 4. The visiting team should bat, as should you (the home team). Now, if neither team scores, i.e., you're still down 14 going into the 5th (10 after 5) you would now qualify for the flip-flop and become the vistior, batting in the bottom of the 4th and the top of the 5th. If you don't bring the defecit down to 9 or less now it's ballgame.

MrEye

Addicted to Softballfans
What if I had the score wrong and it was over 15 at that time?

If you were down 15 going into the top of the 4th you would become the visitor.

If you only played 3 innings I don't know why they called the game (Outside of local league rules, time limits, etc and if you had the score right)

MrEye

Addicted to Softballfans
add 25 after 1st and 2nd innings (I seen it happened before!) :eek:

Yeah, I played in a league once where it was 25 at any time. We won a game after 2 25-0 and nobody made a legitimate out - they were all stretching doubles into singles or sacrifices.