Wu

BBiskis

Is anyone able to give me any information on these? I know they're now defunct but am curious as to the quality.

MaverickAH

I actually know Eric Wu. A real nice guy. I haven't seen or talked to him in about 5 or 6 years.

He had 2 series of stock gloves. An Antique Tumbled & a Pro Grade. He also did customs in higher leather grades that were really nice. Both of his stock series offered good value at their respective prices. The Antique Tumbled was comparable to a Rawlings Gamer XLE or a Mizuno MVP. The Pro Grade was comparable to an A2000 or HOH or Pro Select. They were fairly well-made & my only criticism of them would be that I remember them running smaller than spec to the tune of a 1/4" to 3/8". That's definitely something to keep in mind. The lace is of a good quality but not the stiffest

I have a 12.5" Antique Tumbled sitting in a box downstairs & I would only consider it for baseball or for middle infield softball if you like a smaller glove (I do). I will say that at the prices that he's closing them out on eBay, they'd make for an excellent youth glove. Also, if you take a Pro Grade, re-lace it with stiffer lace & maybe upgrade the stays, you'd have a world beater.

BBiskis

I purchased one of the antique tumbled for $60. Looked beautiful in the pictures. Appreciate the response Maverick.

MaverickAH

No problem! Never thought I'd be answering a question about Wu gloves on here! ;) Let us know what you think when you receive it.

Here's my 12.5":

AtCVeit.jpg

w3GpZT9.jpg

dKC1B3Q.jpg

ykC95kG.jpg

As you can see from the pics, the workmanship is pretty good. The inner lining, if memory serves me correctly, is pigskin(?). It has a soft feel to it but seems fairly durable. It really is a good starter glove for youth baseball up through high school or for fastpitch if you're not looking to spend a lot of money. it's also not bad for softball infield if you like a smaller glove. Eric Wu played 2B in modified softball & used an 11.5" glove that he modified himself.

BBiskis

I bought the same 12.5 Modified Trap, a friend has a co-ed rec team, so I figured it would be a nice loaner glove. And it looks great on the shelf! Glove feels great, curious as to the durability of the laces, definitely the cheapest part of the glove.

BBiskis

Breaking it in as my 1st TIP. Stalls feel like they were designed for that. Thumb and pinky inserts are very stiff, and holding the flare shape I'm working on. If I hadn't just bought a Marucci I would definitely buy one of the pro grade. Might still depending on funds.