ASA You make the call....

halter91

Iam91
Okay, so ASA League ball, and ASA bats only are permitted. Guy comes to bat, his bat does have our league sticker, swings and get a bloop double. After the at bat, i notice it's a Freak 100. this bat should not have had a sticker but the league comish made a mistake...it happens. The team in the field calls it out, what should happen?

Iceman6409

Umpire would have to make an on field decision in this scenario. I d not think this is covered in any official rule. Not every single scenario is. I see two scenarios. 1 - it is an illegal bat every which way you look at it. No matter if the commish put a sticker on it or not. I personally am not familiar with ASA illegal bat rules but you could apply those in this situation. 2- Let the double stand, bat out of the game, commish deals with it later. Offer up a protest. Sign the book. Play ball. Scenario #2 would be my personal choice. This way it is acknowledged to both teams. Everybody is happy with that. Game continues and is finished. Goes to commish. He/she decides fate of said game.

Joker

ASA rules say batter is out as soon as they step into the box with a non approved bat

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
#1 is the only choice and is clearly covered in the rules. BTW, it is not an ILLEGAL bat, it is a non-approved bat. Huge difference in enforcement and penalty

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Both teams take it to the streets...

And drink beer after the game and laugh about the whole thing...its league brah!