Your best comeback

yance

Addicted to Softballfans
We are home team Down 15-0, with 2 outs and nobody on in the 3rd inning about to be spread. Squeaked across a run. Held them scoreless in the 4th while we score 24 runs. Held them scoreless in the 5th to spread them 25-15.
Brag post. What's your best comeback?

MPT23

Putting on the foil
We trailed by 10 in bottom of 7th. We had played crappy all day, but we were able to man up when we had to and won the game.

Gateway Man

Addicted to Softballfans
Played in a 9 inning league. Down by 9 in the 9th. Team puts up 13 runs despite only having 2 outs to work with because a moron over runs third base and costs us an out.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
We're down 25-3 in the bottom of the 5th...chip away and tie it up in the bottom of the 7th...i'm the winning run at 3rd with 1 out...batter pops up to short...i take off and slide at home...really close play, but the catcher dropped the ball trying to tag me...

Best comeback i've ever been a part of.

pontiacfb78

Star Player
Last year we scored 17 in the top of the last inning to go ahead by 4. Everyone batted twice, which is pretty impressive for a 6/4 league. won the game by 2.

Last Tuesday we were up by a bunch, and had a nice 2 out rally for 11 runs in the top of the last inning. The ump asked us to end it, so one of our guys just flew out to center. Then the other team scored 9 without any outs, but we managed to get the outs and win the game.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Down 20-17 going into the top of the 7th, championship game. We put one across and then come through with a grand slam and followed it up with 4 more runs to make it a 9 run inning and go up 26-20. Leadoff batter hits an IEO in the bottom of the 7th to give us the W. 7 games on the day, 4 in a row and came from behind in all 4 games to win and had just finished a 10 inning come from behind win before the championship. Beer and ball park chicken sandwiches (with cheese) were the fuel to carry us victory. I'm convinced :D

Randolph31

Addicted to Softballfans
Down 20-17 going into the top of the 7th, championship game. We put one across and then come through with a grand slam and followed it up with 4 more runs to make it a 9 run inning and go up 26-20. Leadoff batter hits an IEO in the bottom of the 7th to give us the W. 7 games on the day, 4 in a row and came from behind in all 4 games to win and had just finished a 10 inning come from behind win before the championship. Beer and ball park chicken sandwiches (with cheese) were the fuel to carry us victory. I'm convinced :D

Man that sounds familiar....was that a big tournament?

A Salt Weapon

Starting Player
Last season, championship games in a double elimination benefit tourney. We are in the loser brackets and getting destroyed by the undefeated team. It's nasty weather, pouring rain and this game has been going on for 3+ hours, Top of the 7th we are down by 8 or 9 runs. We put up 13 in the top of the 7th and 3up 3down them to win. Now comes the "if" game, still nasty weather, bottom of the first they put up 10, we chip away over the course of the next couple innings but our team is beat, top of the 7th again we're down 4 or 5. Again start clicking at put up 8 or 9 runs, the other team is beat, next 3 batters go up swinging at garbage, and we win the tshirts. Took about 6 hours to play the two games, and we played about 12 hours straight in the rain to get there. Two amazing comebacks to win the tourney.

whogotz

dilligaf?
Last season, championship games in a double elimination benefit tourney. We are in the loser brackets and getting destroyed by the undefeated team. It's nasty weather, pouring rain and this game has been going on for 3+ hours, Top of the 7th we are down by 8 or 9 runs. We put up 13 in the top of the 7th and 3up 3down them to win. Now comes the "if" game, still nasty weather, bottom of the first they put up 10, we chip away over the course of the next couple innings but our team is beat, top of the 7th again we're down 4 or 5. Again start clicking at put up 8 or 9 runs, the other team is beat, next 3 batters go up swinging at garbage, and we win the tshirts. Took about 6 hours to play the two games, and we played about 12 hours straight in the rain to get there. Two amazing comebacks to win the tourney.

i was with you until the tshirts.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Down 18 in 5th in first game of city tourney. 5 the inning is also mercy rule inning- if down by 10 after 5 game done.
Ended up winning in extras.
We were only undefeated team in leagues so most peeps there were cheering against us.

nkva

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's a flip on the topic. About 12-14 years ago, ASA Richmond got the bright idea that you could only score a predetermined number of runs in each inning during fall leagues. In the highest league, we were allowed (in order) 5-5-5-5-3-3-1 for a total of 27 runs. BUT, if you did not score your max in any inning, you could carry over your "unused" runs to the next inning. In a six inning game our team only used 7 total outs, but our last inning was a 1-2-3 inning due to subs and a little bit of frustration. We were up by 14 runs (the slaughter was 15 after 5, 10 after 6 at the time for that league due to the run allotments) and the other team had used all of their available outs each inning. Three big guys show up, they hit several bombs along with the weird assortment of well placed hits and beat us by 1 run using up 17 total outs to our 7. I may be off by a run or so on the allowable runs, but I will never forget that a team made 10 more outs in a game and beat us in the last inning. After a few years, they mercifully stopped that run rule.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
We're down 25-3 in the bottom of the 5th...chip away and tie it up in the bottom of the 7th...i'm the winning run at 3rd with 1 out...batter pops up to short...i take off and slide at home...really close play, but the catcher dropped the ball trying to tag me...

Best comeback i've ever been a part of.

Sounds like a great come back, but you tagged up on a pop up to the shortstop and scored?

A Salt Weapon

Starting Player
i was with you until the tshirts.

Hey it was a coed charity benefit tourney. We we're lucky to get a t-shirt at all. Now I know that stuff is frowned upon here, but we live in Alaska, essentially on an island, tourneys are few and far between here without paying for airfare.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Just last week we scored ten in top 7 to take a 1 run lead. Held on for the win.

Last game of fall league, we gave up 17 in the top of the 1st. I could see how this game was going to go. But then we score 16, so it's 17-16 after 1 inning. Then hardly anybody scored and we lost 20-19. So not quite a comeback, just a weird game.

alt0705

Addicted to Softballfans
Very large guy playing first base threatens to kill me after I barely clip him on my way to second. It was tally his fault for being on the base when there was no play there.
My comeback "You don't intimidate me, I've been beat up by guys half your size"
Took him a couple seconds to realize what I said and then he laughed it off.

dcz3

We once were down 1-0 in the top of the first, I think we came back to win 21-1.

Nacirema85

Addicted to Softballfans
Best one is just insult them, then when they repeat it... you say "If I wanted my own *** back I'd of wiped it off your moms chin"

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Very large guy playing first base threatens to kill me after I barely clip him on my way to second. It was tally his fault for being on the base when there was no play there.
My comeback "You don't intimidate me, I've been beat up by guys half your size"
Took him a couple seconds to realize what I said and then he laughed it off.

My barber (not a hair over 5'4") got threatened at a tavern by a 6'6" mountain for flirting with his wife. Realizing humour was his only chance, he stood up, puffed out his chest, bumped the guy in the lower abdomen and said "Buddy, you touch me and I'll have you up on child abuse charges so fast your head will ****ing spin." Guy laughed and bought him a beer.