LTB Youth Senior Bat

clm#2

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking for around an -8. I have no idea which ones are good, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll just buy new.

I have a 28oz. Psycho supermax that I would be willing to trade for the right bat.

I'm new here - picking back up on SB, but I know youth baseball. I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions.

For drop 8s I personally would stick with older alloys, preferably scandium models. I just sold a 31/23 Easton Zcore - great bat. The TPX Omaha's with scandium all great; there are several 2004 (blue) on the bay right now. The orange TPX scandiums are also solid.

Not a lot of drop 8s around in newer alloys. I know the H2 is available, but no direct experience.

If - big IF, double check - you can use composites, then the CF3/CF4's are good to great bats at drop 8. Younger players generally can't flex them enough to get pop out of the drop 3s, but at 8 you're OK.

glend123

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got a 31/21 easton stealth cnt. (alum with comp. handle)This was my sons favorite bat, but he's moving up to a drop 5.
I also have a 32/22 combat B1. (full comp.) pm me if interested. by the way, i just want to sell these, no trades.
EDIT: i forgot about the 30/22 combat B2. all big barrels.

Last edited:

clm#2

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the info guys. I'll have check with the league to see if full composites are legal.

Swierb75

Starting Player
Here is a beauty.
005.jpg

'near new' (meaning my son hit it at the batting cages for 2 rounds total 24 balls with the wrapper on) RAWLINGS LIQUIDMETAL SLLMPF8 30 inch -8 (22 OZ) Senior League Bat 2 3/4 inch barrel. $95.00 shipped