Z4000 Durability

BWitt

Bat flipping with style!
Just curious if there have been any issues. Every bat company has them, but I just bought a Backman Shoppe and hesitant to swing it due to my past experiences with LS. The temptation of buying it got to me thought.

Thanks for any info...

Dar3guin

Whiff it b4 you hit it
Soooo... You bought the bat and now you don't know if you wanna swing it?!? That's half the fun here on the boards. Bust it out and give is some reviews and if for whatever reason you don't like it then you sell it on here and eat about 30 bux lol.

smoke28

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine has around 150 hits so far. I used mine in a tourney yesterday using dudley zn balls and it's nasty

JRod21

Star Player
I bought the backman and utrip z4000, and between the two my favorite would be the backman. I like that 1/2 oz. more end load also. I got around 100 cuts on both of the bats and there starting to come off good, the backman has more pop right now than the Z4K but I can tell they havent opened up quite yet.

jhern391

Part Time Player
dude i know what you mean. I got my trip z4k and I've heard of 7 ppl where i play locally that the bat has cracked after using it a full day in a tournament. I would keep your receipt handy just in case.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Of all the people who have used and broke a Z4k how many rolled, viced, or used any other method of so called "advanced break-in" methods including hitting exceptional hard softballs? If so then I don't think you should complain. Just my opinion.

My team took some bp indoor and I let everyone use my Bachman that I know has not been altered in any way. We used mixture of Classic M's and +'s with no issues other than the handle twisting which seems to be normal. I would say we put 350-400 swings on it and it looks minty.

Of all the people who have used and broke a Z4k how many rolled, viced, or used any other method of so called "advanced break-in" methods including hitting exceptional hard softballs? If so then I don't think you should complain. Just my opinion.

My team took some bp indoor and I let everyone use my Bachman that I know has not been altered in any way. We used mixture of Classic M's and +'s with no issues other than the handle twisting which seems to be normal. I would say we put 350-400 swings on it and it looks minty.

X2. People just don't get that these new bats can't handle the rolling etc like old school bats.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans

What kind of balls to they play with in conference? Oh, that's right, ZN's. So should these bats not be able to be used in conference, or they should only last 80-100 swings?

Rolling and vicing your bats is just weak, but hitting something harder than a 52/275 should be okay.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Do guys in Conference care about durability? No. They don't give a hoot, they have 12 more niw ready to go. So sure, while they are designed for 52, they pelt the ZNs and break them and don't care knowing they have a bunch of free ones g2g outta wrapper nowadays. You realize DC is probably done with a bat after a Conference game or weekend and or a Derby right?

Do you play conference and hit ZN? Or just hit those so to get extra mileage on your hits at BP?

I just wish they'd switch everything to 52's and disclaim on the bats now what they are made for.

Tired of all the hearsay and breakage arguments.

FWIW no one in Canada is breaking these over light BP. And we are pelting Hot Dots in cold domes right now. We are talking bats in cars at -20*C and same with the balls to walk into domes barely above 0-10*C and beat the crap out of various brands. Nothing is breaking at the rate this site and board bros are writing.

So I have to agree with that post. Something is up. :wtf2:

What kind of balls to they play with in conference? Oh, that's right, ZN's. So should these bats not be able to be used in conference, or they should only last 80-100 swings?

Rolling and vicing your bats is just weak, but hitting something harder than a 52/275 should be okay.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!

ZN's are misleading because ZN's come in different COR's and Comp's. The ZN's I buy for my team are 40/325 but the ZN Stadiums that the Conference uses, only in baseball stadiums I believe, are a harder ball but aren't not used very often.

Not all bats are designed for Classic +'s (52/275) softballs. I don't believe that LS has said the Z4k was, but I could be wrong.

Most people on this board complaining about Z4k's durability are not conference players so that argument isn't a valid one, besides most not all conference player get their bats from the manufacturers for free or very cheap.

Rolling, vicing or any other method which breaks in bats that are against the rules is just wrong. You can make any argument you want but it's against the rules for a reason, reasons which most fail to comprehend or just plain don't want to understand for one reason or another, however that is a whole different conversation.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
Do guys in Conference care about durability? No. They don't give a hoot, they have 12 more niw ready to go. So sure, while they are designed for 52, they pelt the ZNs and break them and don't care knowing they have a bunch of free ones g2g outta wrapper nowadays. You realize DC is probably done with a bat after a Conference game or weekend and or a Derby right?

Do you play conference and hit ZN? Or just hit those so to get extra mileage on your hits at BP?

I just wish they'd switch everything to 52's and disclaim on the bats now what they are made for.

Tired of all the hearsay and breakage arguments.

FWIW no one in Canada is breaking these over light BP. And we are pelting Hot Dots in cold domes right now. We are talking bats in cars at -20*C and same with the balls to walk into domes barely above 0-10*C and beat the crap out of various brands. Nothing is breaking at the rate this site and board bros are writing.

So I have to agree with that post. Something is up. :wtf2:

It is a bat, it should be able to handle a harder ball.

In terms of conference, there are multiple levels of conference, starting at C up to Major and you don't just get unlimited bats, especially on teams at the lower end...