2013 Rip-It Prototype?????

SandyWH

#Delicious
Can anyone tell me more about this bat? A guy on CL is trying sell one and I've yet to hear anything about them developing a new line.

If it is a new line, is it going to be on par with the other new stamps out there, or something less?

5Nd5Q65Fc3G43I43H7c56c283edcaf62c1554.jpg

5K65F25J13L33J23N4c56cc279daa3c3910df.jpg

Mrboom

100% Composite design
2 1/4" Barrel Diameter
13.5" Barrel Length
Slight Endload
Raised ridge vibration dampening grip technology
Approved for play in USSSA, ISA, NSA, and other 1.20 Leagues
NOT ASA APPROVED
Designed in the USA

All i've got

SlickStik

Who cares
Prototype

100% Composite design
2 1/4" Barrel Diameter
13.5" Barrel Length
Slight Endload
Raised ridge vibration dampening grip technology
Approved for play in USSSA, ISA, NSA, and other 1.20 Leagues
NOT ASA APPROVED
Designed in the USA

All i've got

Do they make an Asa version?

YT!

Addicted to Softballfans
I have swung just about every Rip It model made and I was surprised (and intrigued) to see this bat in a sports store..........has anyone swung it?

YT!

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
I know a few of my baseball players swing the BBCOR prototype 2 and it's a good baseball bat. But it's aluminum and end loaded to hell!!

JBsoftball4

Softball Gigolos
Teammate had one and it was very hot. Lasted about 50 cuts though before it cracked. Return being sent Friday so we will see how it goes in round two.

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
Got a chance to take a few swings with one of these. Hitting some old Bp balls, I could hit the ball out to the fence, which isn't bad. Bat had less than 100 cuts on it. But the bat really stung the hands, even on the sweetspot. I talked to the owner about it and he said the baseball bats were like that as well.

It is not made be ce composites. Says right on the barrel, "designed in the USA, manufactured in Taiwan".

WORLD44

Addicted to Softballfans
seen one the other weekend and the guy was hitting scuds with it..came off the bat like a rocket....i just dont see 300.00 for that bat

hit50more

Addicted to Softballfans
Guess i got a dud ...not a scud.Only had a chance to put 10 swings but i'll give her a few more chances & get back!

WORLD44

Addicted to Softballfans
well i have just got 2 of theses and i love it,,,it hits it very well,,,am keeping one and selling the other if you like the 26 oz i have,,selling for 250.00 or will do a 2 for 1 trade but need one usssa and 1 asa bat and need to be 26 oz,,,the one am keeping has over 200 hits and no webbing or anything wrong and hits it very well well worth what i paid for,,just dont need 2 now

New Prototype.........

It's a replacement for the Reaper4. I had a 4 and it blew apart. Literally! They gave me the 2013 as a replacement. I'm in Canada so I probably won't use it much until new Spring. PS. I'm NOT a big guy or a long ball hitter so we'll see how this one performs.

BC39

Addicted to Softballfans
Just watched a series of reviews on a variety of new bats from a popular web site and noticed that in most cases that "Rob" talked about how bats were a sure thing or a can't miss. On the Prototype all he says is "I hit in league play and it goes through the zone nice, and that grip sure is comfortable" Not much of a sales pitch IMO. Spoke with Rit It personally and asked if they would participate in batwars to get their name out there. They said it was a waste of money. Makes me wonder why they are putting so little effort into selling these.

lealmarie4

Addicted to Softballfans
just took the wrapper off yesterday used it in league with hot dots hits bombs...cant complain unlimited returns for 400 days!

rdshoe13

Star Player
Took A 26oz out of the wrapper today and put about 30 swings on it. The ball came off like a laser and the sound was like hitting a alloy or wooden bat. Miss hits stung my hands but as I put more cuts on it, it seemed to soften up a bit. Distance was great and only got better with every swing.

So the bad.... Got home to inspect the bat because I noticed the clear coat flaking in a couple spots, about the size of a pencil head. Looking at it a little more, the flaking actually looks like cracks.

I'm going to take it out again and put some more cuts on it and see if the flaking/cracks get any bigger. I hope its just flaking!

sepace

Addicted to Softballfans
We hit some BP with mine a couple of days ago with temps around 60. Same experience as rdshoe13. Hits great, sounds funny, stings on mis-hits...

and the paint job sucks! This is after about 70-80 hits. It has a tiny, tiny rattle but looks like hell

20130218_221121.jpg

20130218_221114.jpg

rdshoe13

Star Player
yup! that's exactly what mines starting to look like but not to that extreme. I have 3 spots where it looks like cracks are starting but they're only about a 1/2" long.

I see some large chuncks missing, is it just the paint or are they pretty deep?

Talking to people around the park, a buddy said he has a friend and the exact same thing is happing to his bat as well.

BL18ok

Addicted to Softballfans
These pics look like the old TPS catty zippering almost. These can be had for $205 from a website, with a rec. Ordered a few yesterday.

sepace

Addicted to Softballfans
She's toast. Put a few more hits on it and the cracks started connecting horizontally. Going back to RIP-IT. I haven't spoke with anyone up there yet, but if you submit the return online they pay for shipping!

We hit some BP with mine a couple of days ago with temps around 60. Same experience as rdshoe13. Hits great, sounds funny, stings on mis-hits...

and the paint job sucks! This is after about 70-80 hits. It has a tiny, tiny rattle but looks like hell

20130218_221121.jpg

20130218_221114.jpg

sepace

Addicted to Softballfans
Got replacement bat number one for the year. With unlimited returns and speedy replacements I think I'll just keep swing it.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Anyone glad they bought it or use one as a gamer? I found them for 129, but I'm not sure if they're worth that much based on some of the reviews.

ohyeaheh

Addicted to Softballfans
If it's like the Reaper it replaced, better save up your money for shipping returns. I gave up on them because they break like twigs, 50 hits was a good one. They have good customer service though, refunded my money when I had enough of them breaking.

Sure miss the old quality product CE Composites gave them.