hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
7 swings each with point system.
Ties will get 3 more swings each.

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

Loser Bracket
View attachment 73135

Obscura 2022 on final 2 balls hit 2 OTF to send Dunn out of the competition.

Obscura will face the Bellcorp in which the Hellcat scored most in round of 7 so far in battle.

Pointed on every swing with 2 gatecrashers and an OTF.

View attachment 73136

View attachment 73137

Bellcorp vs Obscura next in loser bracket with winner looking to double dip the Hellcat
Glad to see them bp52's put to good use!

UncleMosk

Easton Ghost Final

10 Swings each with point system.

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

20231124_085458.jpg

Swirling winds plus some food coma from the night before.

The Obscura very similarly to the first match went up on the 2nd set of 3 swings and cruised to the final. Hellcat kept hitting either line drives and when looking to lift a little more did that but with high pops.
Screenshot_20231124_111109_Challenge Place.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231124_092002_Maps Ruler.jpg
    Screenshot_20231124_092002_Maps Ruler.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

War Ready was ready. Zero swings against an Insurrection.

Usually shy away from 25oz bats but this one has some endload to it and crushed from swing one. Insurrection had same issue as the Hellcat swings earlier here. 20231124_091721.jpg

War Ready 11 pts with 3 GC and 1 OTF.

Insurrection 3pts.

Last edited:

UncleMosk

Pure ASA Challenge postponed until weather gets above 40. Possible Friday or Saturday.

View attachment 73162

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts
20231130_093644.jpg
Sidewinder was in the lead until last 2 balls by the Ripper in which had an OTF to edge out the Winder.

Screenshot_20231130_114626_Challenge Place.jpg
BT Smoke HF edged out the Valor HF. The Valor is the only one that has a gloss paint scheme and is probably my favorite design of 2023. The Valor knuckled a few.

Took some more swings on the Valor and still hit many knucklers. Not sure if the paint on the shell has a factor but just something I observed differently from the rest.

Attachments

• 20231130_093644.jpg
    20231130_093644.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 3

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts7 swings each with point system.

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

Screenshot_20231204_160135_Challenge Place.jpg

Stiff wind blowing in. Evil outlasted Jericho in OT Round with Jericho on some swings the sound seems to be changing.

Skybolt out did the OG Hellfire.

Onto the loser bracket rounds.
Screenshot_20231204_160814_Challenge Place.jpg

Last edited:

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

View attachment 73194

Stiff wind blowing in. Evil outlasted Jericho in OT Round with Jericho on some swings the sound seems to be changing.

Skybolt out did the OG Hellfire.

Onto the loser bracket rounds.
View attachment 73195
Loser Bracket

Both rounds went into OT. Valor gave a Valient effort but the Sidewinder edged it out with 2 gatecrashers on final 3 swings. Valor did have an OTF but not enough to move on.

Screenshot_20231205_104407_Challenge Place.jpg

Jericho also edged out in last 3 swings with 2 OTF to pull away after tie of 5. The OG consistent in pointing but nothing to push further into the battle.

20231204_215422.jpg
Moving into winner brackets next.

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
20231206_114858.jpg

Stiff wind straight towards T. All bats suffered in results posted. Had to cut to get distance and bounce to make it near the fence. Any lift and balls fell short.

BT Smoke Hellfire moves into the Winner Bracket Final.

Screenshot_20231206_122248_Challenge Place.jpg

Evil continues to make the move towards my prediction that this bat will win the challenge. May need to shut up now before I jinx it. The Bolt with the one ounce endload just put to many in the Sky and lost distance due to the winds.

Loser Bracket Semi's next
Screenshot_20231206_122407_Challenge Place.jpg

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
1000005708.jpg
The Ripper did it again. Edged out the Sidewinder by hitting one out.
1000005784.jpg

Jericho made easy work of the Skybolt with an OTF as well.

Winner Bracket next.

Hellfire Smoke v Evil

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I really need to get out and do some tee work. If I did a tournament like this it would be a bunch of 15 year old bats vs a Pure Evil and a senior Melee. The Booger would win...

I might get a $50 10×20 net and just hit in the back yard. Way easier and time friendly than going to a field since I live about 20 minutes from the closest ball field.

UncleMosk

I really need to get out and do some tee work. If I did a tournament like this it would be a bunch of 15 year old bats vs a Pure Evil and a senior Melee. The Booger would win...

I might get a $50 10×20 net and just hit in the back yard. Way easier and time friendly than going to a field since I live about 20 minutes from the closest ball field.
Honestly it's really my only form of extra curricula due to all life's other things that take precedent. Haha that Booger probably is!

Depends on the balls used you'd be surprised. But I'm sure the Booger is nasty!

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly it's really my only form of extra curricula due to all life's other things that take precedent. Haha that Booger probably is!

Depends on the balls used you'd be surprised. But I'm sure the Booger is nasty!
Once it gets to like 50 degrees, the booger murders .52/300s like no other. I have a few .44s in my bp bag and the booger is a solid 30' beyond any of my other bats old or new. Obviously I only get to use it in the occasional charity tourney. I think its my 4th (and likely last) booger.

UncleMosk

The USA/ASA Pure challenge is on hold.

Popped my hamstring running to 1st in indoor league. 2nd @ bat walked and then before my 3rd @ bat went to pickup bat from the ground and felt the fibers stretch even more. Took myself out of lineup.

Time to heal up I guess

UncleMosk

Got to get to the finale. Leg feeling better.

Winner Bracket Semi's

1000006086.jpg
Evil vs Hellfire

Evil moved to throne awaiting next challenge.

1000006160.jpg

Loser Bracket
Jericho vs Ripper

Tweaked my back slightly in these rounds but pushed through. May need to start getting a massage before doing these!

1000006163.jpg
Ripper edged out to go against the Hellfire

Same result against the Hellfire. The Ripper into the Finals against EVIL.

FINALS will use 10 balls each and most likely not until next weekend. Stay tuned.

1000006164.jpg

UncleMosk

Pure Double Elim Finals
Battle of the Skulls
1000006274.jpg
10 Swings Each. 52 Cor Balls.
Format is alternate 343 balls for each bat. If a tie then 1st xtra is 3 balls each. Any ties after that are sudden death 1 ball each.

And did it go to a sudden death. The Pure Evil holding tradition in this format could not leave as the undefeated.

Ripper jumped out with first 3 balls with 5 points including 2 gatecrashers. Evil landed 4 points due to a miss hit.

Onto next 4 swings the Ripper launched the 1st OTF to go up w/ 10 points. Evil on those 4 swings matched with gatcrashers to end up w/ 9 points.

On the final 3 swings the Ripper settled with 3 1hoppers to finish @ 13 points. Evil needed to get 4 to force tie or 5 to win. Another gatecrasher and 2 1hoppers ended with 13 points to force the extra ball round.

Both bats crashed and OTF 1 to finish @ 20 points each.

1 ball sudden death the Ripper gated to go up 22, the Evil one fell short with a one hopper to lose with 21.

One more match between these 2 should be interesting as both bats performed well with myself being closer to 90% of former self.

Longest by Ripper
Screenshot_20231228_170504_Maps Ruler.jpg

Last edited:

UncleMosk

HR (OTF) =3pts,
Fence (GC) =2pts
OneHopFence (1H) =1pts

Hit these after my Pure Challenge
1000006275.jpg

The War Ready is exactly. Next outdoor game will be swinging this. Best 25oz I've had to date as I do prefer the heavier stuff. But seriously this bat just has a special feeling right now. When on the screws the ball explodes.

War Ready: 11 points (3OTF)
SuperXcell: 6 points (1GC)

Supercell was underwhelming previously. Did get some more hits and now starting to see the tetracore doing it's thing. Only 27oz, wish it had a slight more endload.

UncleMosk

Pure Double Elim Finals
Battle of the Skulls
View attachment 73330
10 Swings Each. 52 Cor Balls.
Format is alternate 343 balls for each bat. If a tie then 1st xtra is 3 balls each. Any ties after that are sudden death 1 ball each.

And did it go to a sudden death. The Pure Evil holding tradition in this format could not leave as the undefeated.

Ripper jumped out with first 3 balls with 5 points including 2 gatecrashers. Evil landed 4 points due to a miss hit.

Onto next 4 swings the Ripper launched the 1st OTF to go up w/ 10 points. Evil on those 4 swings matched with gatcrashers to end up w/ 9 points.

On the final 3 swings the Ripper settled with 3 1hoppers to finish @ 13 points. Evil needed to get 4 to force tie or 5 to win. Another gatecrasher and 2 1hoppers ended with 13 points to force the extra ball round.

Both bats crashed and OTF 1 to finish @ 20 points each.

1 ball sudden death the Ripper gated to go up 22, the Evil one fell short with a one hopper to lose with 21.

One more match between these 2 should be interesting as both bats performed well with myself being closer to 90% of former self.

Longest by Ripper
View attachment 73331
Pure Final

Re-tweaked back before round again. Both bats suffered due to it I believe . Decided to push through.

1st 3 swings went to tbe Evil in which only 1 point was had. Ripper pulled 3 points to take lead.

Next set of 4 swings the Evil landed only 1 point. The 3 swings were linedrives and for games would want. RIPPER landed another 3 points to lead.

Last 3 balls the Evil pointed but none to push past the Ripper.
Ripper pointed 1 more to take the PURE ASA T Challenge.

Line drives off each bat are crisp and fire right now. May need a pocket radar next to see the velos on these.

1000006332.jpg

Seems like an underwhelming finish. Some factors are mine but also see how temperatures also effect this line of bats. Performance was better when temps were near 50. Today was 40 degrees. Something for me to consider on future challenges.

Overall both bats will stay in collection and looking for more live swings in 2024 to truly gauge the performance from this line.