Anderson Trading Block

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Anyone have a RocketFlex fast pitch 34" they wanna trade? Have much metal bats and other trade bait!

The FP is gray like this one, needs to be a 34" please.

jakeflag

sold all of mine may have an Ignite

New to the softball bat world. New to this board, too. Play 5-10 games in my work's coed singlewall league each year. I have lusted after legendary '06 and '07 Anderson bats when shopping around for little league bats for my son and the team I coach, but until this week have never purchased anything Anderson. This is on its way to me after I poked around the site for a while that last week or so. Excited to hit it. But also curious now about Pyrotechs and Nanos. If you still have the Ignite or anything else like that I'm curious. The person who was selling this bat on the bay listed it at both 33" and 34" and initally at 19 oz. Obv, not really possible. At my urging they ended up weighing it and reported 27oz. I usually use a 29 or 30 oz bat in baseball so I'm wondering if it'll feel a little small.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
New to the softball bat world. New to this board, too. Play 5-10 games in my work's coed singlewall league each year. I have lusted after legendary '06 and '07 Anderson bats when shopping around for little league bats for my son and the team I coach, but until this week have never purchased anything Anderson. This is on its way to me after I poked around the site for a while that last week or so. Excited to hit it. But also curious now about Pyrotechs and Nanos. If you still have the Ignite or anything else like that I'm curious. The person who was selling this bat on the bay listed it at both 33" and 34" and initally at 19 oz. Obv, not really possible. At my urging they ended up weighing it and reported 27oz. I usually use a 29 or 30 oz bat in baseball so I'm wondering if it'll feel a little small.

I have a 34/29 Jacoby NIW if you're interested, but I kinda want a lot for it. Yours will probably swing more like a 25oz since it's an inch short. I must warn you, the Jacoby was built for performance, not durability. Keep away from hard softballs and cold weather.

jakeflag

I have a 34/29 Jacoby NIW if you're interested, but I kinda want a lot for it. Yours will probably swing more like a 25oz since it's an inch short. I must warn you, the Jacoby was built for performance, not durability. Keep away from hard softballs and cold weather.

did you have it up in an auction that just ended on ebay? if not, that's another NIW 29. was there such a thing as a 34/27 Jacoby? i'm hoping the one I bought is actually a 34". I only paid $50 for it.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes I did. Yours is a fastpitch bat and probably 33". I'm surprised at the 27oz weight. All Anderson bats under 32oz are too light for my taste, but I love single-walls so I bought it anyway. A friend of mine bought a 30oz, and while a balanced 30oz is too light, it has a lot of pop. Nonetheless, I'd rather have something heavier. Powerdomes a are slightly more endloaded than an odd weight Jacoby and 30oz+ weights exist. An even weight Jacoby is balanced.

Last edited:

jakeflag

Yes I did. Yours is a fastpitch bat and probably 33". I'm surprised at the 27oz weight. All Anderson bats under 32oz are too light for my taste, but I love single-walls so I bought it anyway. A friend of mine bought a 30oz, and while a balanced 30oz is too light, it has a lot of pop. Nonetheless, I'd rather have something heavier. Powerdomes a are slightly more endloaded than an odd weight Jacoby and 30oz+ weights exist. An even weight Jacoby is balanced.

How can you tell this is a fast pitch bat?? I assumed the person had it wrong and there was no such thing as a fast pitch Jacoby.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
The barrel is huge. Mine, while long, is shorter than yours. I could be wrong, but I think slowpitch barrel length was limited at some point. Either that or bottle bats had fallen out of favor. Whatever the case your barrel is much longer than mine and is probably a fastpitch bat under 34".

Maybe our barrels are the same length and they just cut an inch off the handle. The picture you posted was taken at an angle that accentuates the barrel length, but it's definitely a higher proportion of the whole bat than mine is.

Last edited:

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Not really. I bought mine to swing it, and just couldn't make myself take the wrapper of a bat I knew I wouldn't like once I felt how light it swung. I'm looking to turn it into a 32oz+ SB1, SB2 or SB3 in excellent condition or most of the price NIW 29.5oz Z4000 Backman.

Last edited:

jakeflag

Bummer. Maybe my daughter can use it in a few years when she's stronger.

Thanks for the info. Depending on your bottom line, perhaps we can workout something on your 29. You can email me directly at my username at gmail if you wish.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Bummer. Maybe my daughter can use it in a few years when she's stronger.

Thanks for the info. Depending on your bottom line, perhaps we can workout something on your 29. You can email me directly at my username at gmail if you wish.
Sent you a couple emails.

xjarcher

On the mound
I have a rather rough pyrotech 28oz and a '10 TZ 28oz that has very few hits that I would like to part with. I also have two unused evil 44/375s to throw in.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Does anyone have an OG Utrip Nano, 28 or 29 oz? I have many Andersons I'd be willing to trade (but I'm keeping my RocketFlex, Flexzilla, and ASA OG Nano).

Anderson experts help...

I bought this bat 2 weekends ago at a local flea market. Have no idea other than its anderson metal bat, sounds like composite and kills the balls. Shoots straight fire

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Definitely a new-ish Anderson. I'd guess either a Nanotek or possibly a Techzilla. May also just be a Pyrotech, or whatever the standard singlewall model was circa 2012.