DeMarini King of the Jungle?

BlueDoober

Picked up this bat after taking my first “swing” at composite bats w/ a monster dna that didn’t break in until recently.

KTJ is hot right out of the wrapper. Huge sweet spot like advertised. I hit my first home run with the KTJ, although I also had started some isometric swing training prior to this season so your mileage may vary. I wish Id had more coin to buy a second one before they all sold out.

lakeyale13

Manager
I need some educating....what is the mystique around the KTJ!? I'm sure it is a solid ASA bat, but is it that much better than any Miken or Worth I could pick up for ASA?

GTIDUDE

Star Player
a question for anyone who has a king of the jungle. Does it swing light or heavy? I'm hoping the 26.5 swings closer to a 27. Thanks!

dunkky

I need some educating....what is the mystique around the KTJ!? I'm sure it is a solid ASA bat, but is it that much better than any Miken or Worth I could pick up for ASA?

i asked that exact same question myself every time there's some type of hype. you will not know until you swing one unfortunately. my answer is more than likely no. sometimes it's all in your head. best reference i can think of is, bat hound review, where he does a side by side review against his mighty DNA.

based on his review, most of ASA ones seem to fly really well about the equal distance once connected right. there's always one of two dud among bunch.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
KTJ has made a very strong comeback. All of the sudden everybody wants one now, what gives ?

Bagz

Bang!!
KTJ has made a very strong comeback. All of the sudden everybody wants one now, what gives ?

Because they came down from $285 to $250 and the 19 line is just as hot in the OG and USA models around same price or a tad lower.

Bagz

Bang!!
Would never of expected 35 dollars to make such a huge difference.
It does if your not winning a raffle and haven't seen the bat in live action or bp. It's hard to justify for a nice paint job and an el flipper. Its why HB sold them out as well and not GS having many reps these days is a factor on top if at all and spring finally got here.

_brudy

a question for anyone who has a king of the jungle. Does it swing light or heavy? I'm hoping the 26.5 swings closer to a 27. Thanks!

definitely swings heavier. When I square it up, I absolutely love this barrel. Feels great, 52s FLY off this thing. My only problem with it is the handle, it has the ZnX alloy handle, which is too stiff for me. I prefer flexy stuff (gamer is a Deuce) and I just cant get myself to jive with it. If this bat had a flexy comp handle, it would for sure be my #1 bat still. If you've swung a red Nautali then this is pretty much the same (weight wise).

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Randomly tried one of these yesterday in BP. I actually did a 2nd round with it to make sure it was as good as it felt the first time. It had less than 100 cuts. 26.5 oz. Swung true to specs. Wish I didn't try it, I was supposed to be done buying bats. Mine arrives Wednesday.

ShortYellowBus

Randomly tried one of these yesterday in BP. I actually did a 2nd round with it to make sure it was as good as it felt the first time. It had less than 100 cuts. 26.5 oz. Swung true to specs. Wish I didn't try it, I was supposed to be done buying bats. Mine arrives Wednesday.
This happens to me every time.

I’ve got another Iconic coming!

BOLTMAN21

Manager
KTJ is the goods! Have put about 100 on mine with all 52's. No webbing yet. I have way too many bats. If anyone is interested in it PM me.

ShortYellowBus

Hit mine yesterday morning. Jesus Christ. Instant gratification! Just about the most idiot-proof bat out there.

I was throwing mostly 52/275 at it. It’s excellent even with the Champro 40/275 ASA ball.

I’m keeping this one...