Fence job

saleen#91

Starting Player
Lastnight at softball we were up to bat and we had two outs bases loaded and one of our guys hit a shot to left center. And what I thought was going to be a for sure out because the LC had a really good beat on it and you could hear LF tell him he had room. This poor guy ran full force (face planted) into the fence ball goes off his glove and over the fence for a four base error.
Has this ever happened to you or seen it happen.

Last edited:

Iknight1

Addicted to Softballfans
Lastnight at softball we were up to bat and we had two outs bases loaded and of our guys hit a shot to left center. And what I thought was going to be a for sure out because the LC had a really good beat on it and you could hear LF tell him he had room. This poor guy ran full force (face planted) into the fence ball goes off his glove and over the fence for a four base error.
Has this ever happened to you or seen it happen.

ive seen guys go for balls close to the fence and do the same thing. never for 4 bags though haha. thats some good stuff.

Artie

basic famous
I was playing on a 282' fence. Hit one 278', left fielder caught the ball but his momentum carried him the rest of the way and into the fence where he dropped the ball on the other side for a four base award

bigdog69

the 1 and only
i had a outfielder do this he hit the fence so hard his glasses whent over the fence further then the ball did

(Q'.')-o

Addicted to Softballfans
If the ball is knocked or interfered with while going over the fence, it is ruled as a four base error and does NOT count to your Home Run limit.

saleen#91

Starting Player
The ump at first said HR but we told him that the ball touched his glove, for the reason of it not counting as a hr because we only get two a game.

NDTwinsfan

Addicted to Softballfans
seen it happen before guy hit the bar on top of the fence and cut his face up but still finished the game

mcvey3408

Addicted to Softballfans
I have yet to see this, but I did get robbed of a home run one time and while the guy was knocked out with the ball in his glove, all 3 runners tug up and scored...The other team was pretty upset about that :D

CHROME DOME

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit the fence full speed after the catch, did hold on, and luckily i was between posts. Did get sling shoted about 15 feet back into the outfield!!!!

Chilli_Dipper

Las3rSh0w
I hit the fence full speed after the catch, did hold on, and luckily i was between posts. Did get sling shoted about 15 feet back into the outfield!!!!

yeah saw a guy smoke the pole...at full speed :eek: but made the play, threw some dirt on it and got it done the rest of the game