Freakplus or something better?

softballchic23

Part Time Player
ok so I am about to purchase a good bat and want to see what my best option is for me to better my hits. I am right handed and pull the ball to the left pretty much every time..mainly down the line. I hit line drives and push alot of power but i want MORE power. Most recent bat was a Synergy Clear and I hit pretty deep but I know theres got to be something even better to fit my swing. I can occassionally push the ball to center but mainly always line drives to L and LC. So help me find the perfect bat to up my game...serious folks only please..thinkin about the freakplus...good or is there something better?? BTW this is for USSSA

Low_Balls

ok so I am about to purchase a good bat and want to see what my best option is for me to better my hits. I am right handed and pull the ball to the left pretty much every time..mainly down the line. I hit line drives and push alot of power but i want MORE power. Most recent bat was a Synergy Clear and I hit pretty deep but I know theres got to be something even better to fit my swing. I can occassionally push the ball to center but mainly always line drives to L and LC. So help me find the perfect bat to up my game...serious folks only please..thinkin about the freakplus...good or is there something better??

Work on your swing. You don't want to be one dimensional. For example, if you slow down your swing a tad, and step towards right field, you can learn to hit the opposite way for singles, doubles and triples depending on your speed. Or if you're strong enough, you can knock them out of the park.

softballchic23

Part Time Player
Work on your swing. You don't want to be one dimensional. For example, if you slow down your swing a tad, and step towards right field, you can learn to hit the opposite way for singles, doubles and triples depending on your speed. Or if you're strong enough, you can knock them out of the park.

thats the point I want a bat that will help me hit it out...ive come dang close and just want to see if i can do it...I prefer to hit left...or lc..I canpush it to an extent just like my left side fasho:p

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
ok so I am about to purchase a good bat and want to see what my best option is for me to better my hits. I am right handed and pull the ball to the left pretty much every time..mainly down the line. I hit line drives and push alot of power but i want MORE power. Most recent bat was a Synergy Clear and I hit pretty deep but I know theres got to be something even better to fit my swing. I can occassionally push the ball to center but mainly always line drives to L and LC. So help me find the perfect bat to up my game...serious folks only please..thinkin about the freakplus...good or is there something better?? BTW this is for USSSA

Two pieces of advice................................

1: Get a Freak Plus, they're a great bat and you can't go wrong for the money.

2: Learn to hit to other fields. One dimensional hitters are easy to defend.

softballchic23

Part Time Player
Two pieces of advice................................

1: Get a Freak Plus, they're a great bat and you can't go wrong for the money.

2: Learn to hit to other fields. One dimensional hitters are easy to defend.

I can hit to other fields somewhat but i prefer L/LC..right now im not playing any real competition so I hit where the big holes are or burn the guy whos standing at the dirt like a tard...Sunday I played and twice pushed it up the middle due to a HUGE gap...was proud of myself hehe

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I can hit to other fields somewhat but i prefer L/LC..right now im not playing any real competition so I hit where the big holes are or burn the guy whos standing at the dirt like a tard...Sunday I played and twice pushed it up the middle due to a HUGE gap...was proud of myself hehe

The better the competition you play, the less likely these holes will be available to you. Good job on getting the hits, but never stop working to become better.

Country35

Banned User
the break in time on a freak plus is lengthy....I would suggest a newer worth or miken with less break in time, as its only gonna be legal for a year and a half more so you may want to get as much out of the bat as possible. A typical freak plus even if you use it all the time wont be fire hot until then anyway

AJ22

Super Moderator
the break in time on a freak plus is lengthy....I would suggest a newer worth or miken with less break in time, as its only gonna be legal for a year and a half more so you may want to get as much out of the bat as possible. A typical freak plus even if you use it all the time wont be fire hot until then anyway

So then why not spend less money on a bat to get almost the same result ? A newer model bat will cost you more, no ?

As said, the Freak plus for the money is a great choice ...

Country35

Banned User
So then why not spend less money on a bat to get almost the same result ? A newer model bat will cost you more, no ?

As said, the Freak plus for the money is a great choice ...

I agree the freak plus is a good bat....but IMO it would be worth an extra 50 bucks to get more "gamer broken in" hits. The plus just takes a long time to break in.....for me it would take at least half a season to be game ready. But the 11 titans and 454s take about 100 cuts. They are all gonna be illegal for utrip and nsa very soon, I'd want one I could get the most game ready cuts out of.

AJ22

Super Moderator
I agree the freak plus is a good bat....but IMO it would be worth an extra 50 bucks to get more "gamer broken in" hits. The plus just takes a long time to break in.....for me it would take at least half a season to be game ready. But the 11 titans and 454s take about 100 cuts. They are all gonna be illegal for utrip and nsa very soon, I'd want one I could get the most game ready cuts out of.

Fair enough ..

But $50 to you to add a few feet might mean less to soemone else. I'd rather spend the extra $50 on 'other' things than a recreational sport.

Your opinion is not wrong ... but the comparision in bats to you may be different to others. Freak plus for me was one of the better bats I have ever swung for USSSA. It got the job done the same as a more expensive bat.

Country35

Banned User
Fair enough ..

But $50 to you to add a few feet might mean less to soemone else. I'd rather spend the extra $50 on 'other' things than a recreational sport.

Your opinion is not wrong ... but the comparision in bats to you may be different to others. Freak plus for me was one of the better bats I have ever swung for USSSA. It got the job done the same as a more expensive bat.

I agree whole heartedly that the Freak + is a great bat. I'm just an impatient mofo.

Mason4208

I'd swing a variety before making a purchase if you only plan on buying 1 bat. Freak+ has a .5 end load, swing some with a full oz end load and some balanced and diff weights, see what you like and what works best for you. But I also agree you should learn the oppo judy blooper. Almost as much fun as going yak. Almost.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
freak+ is a great stick. but as mentioned, they do take a fair amount of break in time. if i was in your shoes, i'd probably look for a used "game ready" one. you cant really go wrong with any broke in utrip miken. it will feel much different than your easton tho. if you liked how your easton felt, i'd recommend maybe a scn15bh or an scn2 reissue. they can be had cheap and are top performers in my opinion.