Gold Worlds in Kankakee, IL

Geno21K

Addicted to Softballfans
Our team will be there, Off In the Dugout. We are actually out of Kankakee, so this is kind of a home tourney for us. Who are you with?

jordane1187

Addicted to Softballfans
I am with Team Elite out of Michigan. We are coming from the Saginaw/Midland area. I will be playing center, how are the fields down there and how deep are the fences?

Geno21K

Addicted to Softballfans
The fields are adequate, but they aren't going to impress anybody. Fences are right around 300 all the way around. Some say Diamond 1 is slightly shorter, so it has a taller fence (15 ft. or so) to compensate. Safe travel to you and your team. If you want info on the area, just ask.

Begs

Addicted to Softballfans
Just an FYI they will likely charge you $7/car at the complex as you enter. They call it a 'parking charge' but it's just another way to inflate profitability.

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
I was there! Dirty Birds from Muskegon Michigan. Didn't last too long! BUT both teams that beat us up finished in the top 5! It was fun and I saw a lot of friends and made a few more. See you all in Super Worlds. We will have our whole team this time so hopefully we can get a win this time.