How many bats do you own?

nicoh22

Addicted to Softballfans
I took almost a 20 year break away from slow pitch. I was coaching my children's baseball and fastpitch teams, but now my youngest is in college. Recently I decided to start playing again. I haven't even been playing a month and I have already purchased 3 bats. How many bats is too many, or is there no such thing as too many bats?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I have 17 USSSA 240 bats. Probably 35 220s. About a dozen ASA/USA bats.

Is that too many bats? Yes, of course it is. The 220s get used mainly for BP now. 240s and ASA bats all get used in games.

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Unless you’re the CEO of Rawlings/Miken/Worth/Easton then I think SMOKE has everyone beat.
Not sure of my exact count, but probably in the 150-200 range. Bats from every decade starting in the 80’s

ShortYellowBus

I sold a lot of bats off during Covid and did so indiscriminately with the intent of getting them sold to people who will swing them and not to the crowded bat flipping crowd.

There’s perhaps 35-40 bats left: most are Anarchy gamers and about ten utrip bats.

Committed

I also have about 500 bats.
The first step is to tell yourself…”I have a problem and this is NOT normal.”

Nobody wants to sell hundreds of paper weights when you kick the bucket. Sell your bat collections and invest in something that will retain and/or gain in value.

D-ROCK13

I only keep about a dozen at a time, but I'm constantly buying, selling, or trading for different ones. Still have a few pre thumbprint stamps that I bp sometimes as well

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Ive sold some, but the ones Ive been putting up for sale arent selling even though they are good bats and others are selling them for more.

defos

Without actually looking, I probably have about 15, including several alloy bats, that I could/would use in the right situation. I have others that are old and not what I'd use for anything.

basilray

Too many right now, especially for a guy who's an exceptionally mediocre hitter:

ASA - 3
UTrip 220 - 1
Utrip 240 - 5
OG Dual Stamp - basically a BP bat at this point - 1
Wood - 1
Weighted Bats - 2

This post is a good reminder I need to get a few out of the closet

nicoh22

Addicted to Softballfans
OMG. I thought the highest people were going to say was around 15-20 bats max. lol

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
And here I am with 7 thinking it’s to many. I have rookie numbers compared to everyone here lol
Guys that have been playing forever have bats that got banned, or the ever changing standards just rendered them obsolete. I have about 15 bats but I can only use 5 in any leagues or tournaments I might be playing in. The rest are older bats that lost legality before I managed to break or sell them.

blakcherry329

I never owned too many bats at a time, even in my prime. I would carry 4, back in the day. Now I have everything in my signature that I keep in the back of my Volvo. lol Mostly for cage work, at this point in my career.

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Guys that have been playing forever have bats that got banned, or the ever changing standards just rendered them obsolete. I have about 15 bats but I can only use 5 in any leagues or tournaments I might be playing in. The rest are older bats that lost legality before I managed to break or sell them.
I bought bats while I was playing & used most of them. After covid, I stopped playing but only purchased a few more. Most of what I got was old school. I relented & did purchase some new technology bats. Im now in the process of moving so I wont have access to anything for awhile. I just had over 200 taken to storage. I have some of the banned Eastons, a shame no one likes them any more, they were some of the best bats ever produced.