New Evil BP rocket review

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
@Bobbybuggs was kind enough to send me some .52 bp balls to demo. I haven't hit them off of live pitching yet but I did hit them off the tee this afternoon.

I was hitting with a Suncoast Melee 3

I threw in a few well used Tatoo USA .52 275 and some almost brand new Baden Fire Classic Ms for comparison.

These balls fly very well and of course the two-tone shows how well I was able to cut the ball or spin it when hitting backside. The Evils vastly outperformed the Tatoo .52s and gave much better feedback. I liked the Evils vs the Classic Ms too. The Evils travel every bit as hard as the Classic Ms but it doesn't sound or feel like I'm breaking my bat with every swing.

Just my unscientific opinion but I feel like the .52 275s would hardly break in a senior bat and never give good feedback when hitting. I also feel like you can't really bp a senior bat with senior balls if you want your bat to last the season. The Evils thread the needle of good performance without the worry of destroying your bat.

I'll update this review after I get some live swings.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit the BP Rockets off of live pitching this morning with utrip bats. The balls definitely fly very well. A few rocket line drives hit off of trees just beyond the 265' fence but there were no rips or even scuffs on the covers. The balls make a very distinct crack off the sweetspot but if you miss by just a hair, the sound is noticeably different. I'm a big fan of the feedback these balls give you. The two guys I hit with loved the BP Rockets too.

If I have any complaints at all about these balls it's:
1) I hate fielding the two-tone balls, I just don't see them well.
2) I usually do tee work on 200' fileds and just practice hitting line drives off the fence. Usually I'll hit 3 or 4 out but these balls hang up longer and last time I hit close to two dozen over the fence.