Playing in my first real sanctioned tournament and have some questions

Lord7

Banned User
Im playing in the Disney Holiday Classic this weekend up in Orlando because some local team begged me to play for them and I have some questions.

1. Where online can you all and my family go to watch me play?

2. What would be a good utrip bat to not hit homers with bc I have trouble keeping it under 350 feet anymore with my OG Z2k Endload. I was thinking Easton B1? Maybe Catalyst RI? Demarini CL22/

3. Is it possible to get tournament MVP and various other awards and accolades while not playing for the winning team? Im not sure if my team is any good to be honest. We played in an open tournament this past weekend and hung with some D and C teams, but I don't know what that means really. We will be playing E this weekend.

4. Any others of you going to this tournament that would like to meet me in person?

I am sure I will have other questions as game time approaches, thanks in advance for your help bros!!!

Artie

basic famous
1) Since you are a pickup, they may have not known you would be there, and as such may not have the games streaming. Next time a little more notice so they can be prepared for your arrival
2) It's hard to say, as you can pick up a fence post and go 310+ with it, but maybe if you swing the cl22 oppo handed?
3) Exceptions can be made to any rule, so I don't see why you couldn't win MVP and go 0-2. You will not see much difference between the open tournament and this E tournament
4) No

Chubby_43

LOL.. If you playing E, you might need to bring a wood bat with you... If you happen to lose one with enormous power you'll be watching the rest of the game when it's your turn to bat...

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
LOL... yet another team whose running with D and C teams but is going to play down to E's... SMH. Never understood the point of attempting to sandbag. Granted I doubt this will be the only team doing it.

Lord7

Banned User
LOL.. If you playing E, you might need to bring a wood bat with you... If you happen to lose one with enormous power you'll be watching the rest of the game when it's your turn to bat...

That's kind of what I am afraid of. Was thinking of blowing one out in the late innings after we have the game wrapped up, just to keep the crowd excited, but I worry I might accidentally do it in like my first at bat or something bc nerves will be flared.

LOL... yet another team whose running with D and C teams but is going to play down to E's... SMH. Never understood the point of attempting to sandbag. Granted I doubt this will be the only team doing it.

Well, it wasn't really us that was doing the sandbagging. This past weekend was the first weekend we ever even played together and entered what we thought was an E tournament, but found out later it wasn't We had the C team down by like 15 runs at one point but they came back and beat us, as they should have. We killed the 2 legit E teams we played but this tournament also allowed for 6 homers, whereas this weekend will be a different story.

lx_2nv

Coach
LOL - I love L7's sarcasm and sense of humor. Always get a chuckle. I'd love to BP with ya in January - I am down there on business.

Lord7

Banned User
LOL - I love L7's sarcasm and sense of humor. Always get a chuckle. I'd love to BP with ya in January - I am down there on business.

Thanks bro! I'm always glad to meet fellow board bros in person and I'd love to hit with you and let you use any of my bats. Here is the problem with your timeline though... I am going in on Dec. 18th, next Wednesday to have a lunate triquetral fusion in my hand, so I will be in a cast for 6 weeks at that point. I know it is probably hard to believe, but any video/story of me mashing over the last 3 years has been done with me having a torn ligament n my wrist/hand! Frankly I'm tired of it and needed to get it addressed so I can reach my full potential.

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
His team was definitely e just the director didn't care and let plenty of c teams play in it

DRock88

What's the problem here?
w027mp.jpg

Lord7

Banned User
I should have a bat picked out by tomorrow afternoon. At least be able to narrow it down to 2. I am aiming for a minimumn .750 oba. Is that outlandish for my first real tournament?

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
How can you be so sure you're not going to be playing the 12th position, coaching bases and doing the book? I'd just make sure you keep an eye on all the action and mark down RBI's. Guys get pissed when you don't mark down their RBI's.

rolo030

Addicted to Softballfans
Make sure you practice your bat flip! It has to both command respect and say "you are all beneath me"
Needs to be done when you hit your dbo and after buzzing the tower.

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
Oppo bombs make the ladies painties moist. Especially if they're dbos. Just because you're playing E, doesn't mean you can't show off that pure brute strength of yours. Make sure you wear the church sub dye so you fit in with all the other guys. Everyone knows, it's not about how good you play you gotta look good doing it.

midnight89

Bat Huer
I love these posts. Fun playing at Disney this time of year!

Good luck and we look forward to hearing how it went (and we're sure you will tell us).

lx_2nv

Coach
Thanks bro! I'm always glad to meet fellow board bros in person and I'd love to hit with you and let you use any of my bats. Here is the problem with your timeline though... I am going in on Dec. 18th, next Wednesday to have a lunate triquetral fusion in my hand, so I will be in a cast for 6 weeks at that point. I know it is probably hard to believe, but any video/story of me mashing over the last 3 years has been done with me having a torn ligament n my wrist/hand! Frankly I'm tired of it and needed to get it addressed so I can reach my full potential.

Dang man - sorry to hear that! I just had surgery on my meniscus two weeks ago. Feeling shockingly well. Hope ya heal quick.

Lord7

Banned User
I have made a decision to feature the Combat Wanted Utrip and the Catalyst RI endloadbats this weekend, as after a bp session it was determined that they were the best bats I have for not hitting 305 feet.