Portable pitching net

Cmo1530

Extra Hitter
Was wanting to buy a good durable portable net to protect pitchers in bp! Any suggestions? Heard the bow net One is good if u get the right net??

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Not a big fan of that one. Juggs and Pitchsaf make the two best ones, IMO. Pitchsaf is easier to assemble/dissemble/transport, Juggs is a little taller/wider.

The jugs one mention above is the best for the price. Very durable and will safe your butt! I have one and couldn't be happier. Best price around when I got mine was through amazon.

Cmo1530

Extra Hitter
Thank u all for the input! Tired of not hitting all fields cause we're not trying to kill the pitcher

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
End of thread right here ^^^^^^

Not really...I've got a small car, and the Juggs just takes up too much space. It's doesn't require a ton of space by any stretch, but it's more than I can spare.

That said, if space wasn't an issue, I'd have gone with the Juggs, for the sole reason of it costing less without compromising safety.

Greyghost18t

Addicted to Softballfans
get some electrical piping, some netting, and a bag and make your own.. a lot cheaper than the pre made ones already

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Not really...I've got a small car, and the Juggs just takes up too much space. It's doesn't require a ton of space by any stretch, but it's more than I can spare.

That said, if space wasn't an issue, I'd have gone with the Juggs, for the sole reason of it costing less without compromising safety.

fits inside the trunk of my Honda civic

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
If you want a good one that will last for many years get the Pitch Safe - it's about all I see. They break down to 6x6x37 and are the strongest out there. You, one person, can put them up or break them down in about a minute once you done it a few times. Sling it over your shoulder to carry or ride it on your roller bag. After watching guys with other types trying to put them up & break them down - pathetic. Pitch, stand behind this one and you are safe. Have bent some of the others. If, and when you need parts they can be ordered individually. Most college programs & leagues requiring screen use these (you know that liabilty wise they will use the best).

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=TRPEVRJpvP1Zl1isUuz7OQ&bvm=bv.45645796,d.bmk

Every team I've played for has had one + I bought one for my own use as I used to hit 300-600 reps per week. To answer your "used to" question I will doing the same soon - the screen and a few buckets of balls are on their way via shipment (Baden Fire + Evil BP balls).

Last edited:

bigcountry77

Addicted to Softballfans

fits inside the trunk of my Honda civic

Hebrew Hacker must have a Smart Car

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I got an old one, but the bottom of my net is ripped... Anybody know a place that sells netting for cheap??

redsoxman_33

The Veteran
I bought a net off a board bro, and found a kid that could weld and had him bust out a frame with legs that come off for transport. Cost was 30 for the net and a taco truck burrito and a coke for the welding.

Be creative and build your own and save a lot of money.

Got a Juggs couple weeks ago and an satisfied. Takes a minute or two to put up or take down. And had hit the bet 2-3 times and its good to go.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
I just built 2 last night in about 2 hours. I used 1.5" black pipe. Cut 2 pieces 6" long for the height. Cut one piece 30" for the width. I attached to 90's to the 30" piece with self tapping screws so they would be tight. Then I made the legs out of 2x24" pieces with a T in the middle all screwed together. Not the most compact screen but it works. Longest piece is 6" which I can fit in the trunk of my 08 Grand Prix. Or easily in the back of my GMC Envoy. Basically it goes together in about a minute. Just 2 T's and a support for the top to hold it all together. Seperates in 4 pieces. The netting I got lucky our local arena had a bit of the netting you hang to keep the puck from hitting fans in the stands. I took that and folded it in half measured 7' total length and 36" total width. Once folded over you only need to tie 2 sides. Then it fits right over the top of the frame like a shirt. I could have built the frames in about half an hour but tying the netting to fit over the frames took a while. I just tied it like you would a hockey net to the frame.

I will try and get some pics tonight at our indoor practice.

MB:cool:

Oh ya total cost with fittings, pipe etc was about 25 per screen. Keep in mind I never paid for the netting and the self tappers I had at home. Also my 1.5" pipe is 10 bucks for 10 feet here.

XFactor01

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ That's what i was thinking too, just build one. Only problem would be finding good netting. Let's be honest, that's the most important part. A frame is a frame, but crappy netting can get your face busted wide open.