pros vs. joes

Primo

fat and famous pablo
charity event this weekend for teh wichita state shockers.....a bunch of KS softball players (plus 1 ringer) played against a team of the WSU alumni's.......Pelfrey was as SS, Hooper and Blaze played as well as several others who went on to play in systems.......we played on their diamond. 330 on lines, 405 to CF......we alos only had 9 guys. anyway, we won 27-3 and they got 6 hits.....

just a fyi.......i'm hoping this doesnt' turn into a 55 page argument about who would win between resmondo and the yankees but i always see these ridiculous posts about zero probelms makign the transition from one to the other......and here's a team full of baseball players who were better than you were and played at a better college etc and they managed 6 hits

squirt

strokin and swingin
This should be good...
watchdrama8jm.gif

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Primo, awesome way to start off Monday on sbf......I bet Resmondo could beat my rec. league team, it's not even debatable and it won't even be discussed in more than 3 posts at most...ijs

Thorgrim

Banned User
there's a former major league pitcher on my tourney team. he started for 4 years in the AL so you know he was decent. we play E ball. ijs.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
there's a former major league pitcher on my tourney team. he started for 4 years in the AL so you know he was decent. we play E ball. ijs.

well it's obvious he's sandbagging.......he was a professional athlete and this is just podunk slowpitch sofbtall

Thorgrim

Banned User
well it's obvious he's sandbagging.......he was a professional athlete and this is just podunk slowpitch sofbtall

at most he's sandbagging 2 levels but only because he doesnt seem to care about playing up too much. why would playing a high level of slowpitch be important to a guy that went head to head with the yankees?

i agree with you on this one.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
at most he's sandbagging 2 levels but only because he doesnt seem to care about playing up too much. why would playing a high level of slowpitch be important to a guy that went head to head with the yankees?

i agree with you on this one.

then i'm glad you picked up on the sarcasm....

winning softball nits > facing yankees

duh...suprised you didnt' knopw that

Primo

fat and famous pablo
And these pros were who again?

the only one currently playing in the mlb is Mike Pelfrey...he played SS and was 0-fer. the rest of the guys were big time D-1 (in the past couple years) college baseball players adn then some....also Koyie HIll for the Cubs...i forgot

against a bunch of fat softball players.....

Last edited:

Primo

fat and famous pablo
and no, no one took thsi event seriously.....everyone was joking around and putting on a show......just found it odd

AGIT8R10

Banned User
Preems, how'd the HR Derby play out? Heath kill anyone on 21st? Westsiders having flash backs of the hail storm last month?! LOL

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Preems, how'd the HR Derby play out? Heath kill anyone on 21st? Westsiders having flash backs of the hail storm last month?! LOL

Heath struggled....got in an accident the night before and was pinned under some equipment for an hour. No injuries...just stiff and sore, you could tell he wasn't himself. McGraw beat nuck on combat side...i won the KS side. McGraw beat me by 2 in the final round. After it was over (we hit bp for an hour or so before the deal) i walked 21st and picked up at least 20-30 balls acorss the road........i only got into one real good one. landed 20 or 30 feet in the parking lot in RF out of the stadium.....

numbers aren't final but they're sure the total money rasied is over 100,000

AGIT8R10

Banned User
Heath struggled....got in an accident the night before and was pinned under some equipment for an hour. No injuries...just stiff and sore, you could tell he wasn't himself. McGraw beat nuck on combat side...i won the KS side. McGraw beat me by 2 in the final round. After it was over (we hit bp for an hour or so before the deal) i walked 21st and picked up at least 20-30 balls acorss the road........i only got into one real good one. landed 20 or 30 feet in the parking lot in RF out of the stadium.....

numbers aren't final but they're sure the total money rasied is over 100,000

That's AWESOME!

And that musta been some BIG equipment!!

Oreo Thomas

Star Player
Wish my childhood buddy, LA Dodger, and former Shocker, Casey Blake could have played....Guarantee they would have had a lot more than 6 hits....

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Wish my childhood buddy, LA Dodger, and former Shocker, Casey Blake could have played....Guarantee they would have had a lot more than 6 hits....

i dont know why he didnt'....i bs'd w/ him a bit at teh banquet.....seems real quiet.....and it wouldn't have been a lot more, they only batted twice.....lol

like isaid....it was a fun mess around deal......lots of joking etc...someone let their kid hit. i was just amazed at how many infield fly balls were hit