Random question about the OG...

RI Hack

Addicted to Softballfans
Can anyone tell me when the OG Freak was banned from ASA play? I googled it but couldn't come up with a clear cut answer. Commissioner of our league is trying to pull a fast one on a friend's team saying it just got banned this year and i know that is not the case. Just want to have my facts straight.

Thanks in advance!

RI Hack

Addicted to Softballfans
Right, the commissioner of our league got caught using it last year and had to put it away. From what i've heard he's been using it this year to against teams that don't know any better so we want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Told one of the guys on a team it was grandfathered in....LMAO What a joke!

slawson86

Addicted to Softballfans
last night in league, we watched a division 4 team swing a u2 maxload... and they still couldnt hit it out of the infield. we were rolling on the floor laughing. the funniest part was the umpire was laughing hysterically with us. thats bad when a senior bat is being swung, and there is still no present danger on the field.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
Jan 1, 2008

...I think. The MSF and Syn2 were at the same time

This is correct. We had a guy who tried using one against us the summer after it was banned. I kind of felt bad for the guy because I don't think he had any clue it was banned. When he found out he couldn't use it his facial expression was the same as telling a little boy that Santa isn't real:(

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Right, the commissioner of our league got caught using it last year and had to put it away. From what i've heard he's been using it this year to against teams that don't know any better so we want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Told one of the guys on a team it was grandfathered in....LMAO What a joke!

Go here and print out the list to keep in your bag: http://asasoftball.com/about/certified_equipment.asp

And print this too:
http://downloads.asasoftball.com/about/pdf/08grandfatherbats.pdf