Rawlings vs. Mizuno Gloves

Pchmrun

Extra Hitter
I am trying to decide between a Rawlings GG601 or a Mizuno GMVP1276 and was hoping that some of you more experienced players could give me some advice on this.

mikewohlwend

1 question I have would be, do you have a budget on what you are looking to spend?

Also I am more of a Mizuno fan myself.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
The only gloves I have ever owned have been Rawlings. Right now I have a Mod. Trap Heart of the hide and love it. That being said I've been wanting to try a Mizuno glove for a long long time.

FreakShow34

One minute left
Never used a Rwalings, but I have a GVMP1276P (mod trap) and I love it. Broke in fast, nice and soft. I am by no means a glove expert, but I couldnt be happier with it.

FYI - Compared to my 12.75" Easton it plays small.

PracticeSquad7

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a Mizuno that's still alive from my high school baseball days (got it in 2000 I think) and I love the thing. I just wish it was a tiny bit bigger. It's only an 11.75". I don't know if it's common, but it has thin pieces of plastic in the thumb and pinky to give it some rigidity while allowing the rest of the glove to be very soft, pliable and broken in. Out of every glove I've owned (lots through out the years) it's the only one I still have and use other than my A2000.

Rainner

softball gloves

I am looking for a pro model Rawlings glove that can be use for softball.

Does anyone have any experience with these gloves. I have been looking everywhere for a minimum 12.25 each pro preffered or heart of the hide gloves with open webbing but im stumped.

If anyone has any information please send it my way. Thank you.

angryelf22

Addicted to Softballfans
Rawlings GG130FS. Can be had NWT for under $100, break in fast, and they last a while too without getting all floppy.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
i think more importantly is what are you gonna use it for? IN, OF, Catching, Pitching......................?

djkreate

Addicted to Softballfans
i have a rawlings gg series trapeze glove. i dont use it no more. i use my old nike glove. that rawlings feels too heavy when im running in outfield

rgm381

<font color="#EE0000">growing older not up</font>
Just spend a little more & get the Rawlings HOH. If you look in the right places you can find the trap for $125 - $135

Krisplocher

Addicted to Softballfans
will never buy a glove under 100 again my last glove was 2 bills its a pro perferd rawlings and i love it buying another one just incase i snap a lace during a tourney used to have a huge 13.5 and will never ever buy a glove bigger than 12.75 again