Took one to the head tonight

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
Took a line drive right to the head in league ball tonight. Saw it coming I just couldn't get my glove up fast enough. Glad my mask held up. Even though I won't be able to wear it any more I'm glad it did its job. Much props to worth for making a well constructed mask. If you pitch it's worth the investment.

1367993700_zpsd8a9ee52.jpg

1367993707_zps7ef504fc.jpg

stickywicky

Addicted to Softballfans
Glad you had it on man! I tip my hat to the pitchers. Took a line drive to the face playing 3rd in high school. I have no problem playing anywhere in softball.......but pitching.

Did it still ring your bell pritty good?

HotCornerMike

Unbannable
How did it hit you on the side of the head. Keep looking at the ball, that's what the metal bars are for. Don't want to catch one in the side of the neck and get a brain hemorrhage. Glad your ok.

jessie

Real solution #11
glad you had it on and it held up. a local guy a couple years ago took a rocket to the side of his head where that ball hit and he was messed up....temporarily lost part of his vision and motor skills were poor. i believe he's mostly or fully recovered now but i wouldn't step on the mound without protecting my grape.

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
I actually didn't even really feel it too much. I Hartley had anytime to react. It hit the clip on my mask first. Glad I'm only out a mask.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Why cant you wear it anymore? Just get new brackets?

If you look to the right of the backet it looks like the helmet is cracked as well. I am sure replacing the bracket would be fine for a while, but with that crack started why risk it over a $50-65 replacement?

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
I traded for a helmet for the wife yesterday. She was worried about looking stupid til I showed her a video of that blue jays pitcher who got blasted in the head yesterday.

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
I traded for a helmet for the wife yesterday. She was worried about looking stupid til I showed her a video of that blue jays pitcher who got blasted in the head yesterday.

Good call. Better safe than sorry. I am the only one who wears one in both my leagues. I hear dumb little comments all the time, and it doesnt bother me one bit.

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
Why cant you wear it anymore? Just get new brackets?

Its cracked on the side. I was going to call Worth and see if they could do anything but I doubt it since I cut the straps off and have painted it... Oh well. I've had it for 2.5 years or so. I got my money out of it and it definitely saved my ass last night.

go5586

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn glad your safe bro! More and more I see this, the more it makes me want to get a mask for when I pitch. Realllyyy need to pull the trigger here.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
im sure it can take a couple more shots to it!
Possibly, but by wearing the helmet/mask in the first place the OP has demonstrated that he's cognizant of the dangers of pitching, and is willing to invest in safety measures. I highly doubt that he's going to step out there with a compromised helmet that may not provide the expected (and necessary) level of protection.

Aztec- glad to see you took precautionary measures, and even gladder to see that you're OK.

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
Possibly, but by wearing the helmet/mask in the first place the OP has demonstrated that he's cognizant of the dangers of pitching, and is willing to invest in safety measures. I highly doubt that he's going to step out there with a compromised helmet that may not provide the expected (and necessary) level of protection.

Aztec- glad to see you took precautionary measures, and even gladder to see that you're OK.

Thanks! You are 100% correct. I will be going to the store to purchase a new mask this weekend.

vtw8lftr

Tight But Whole
Exact reason I picked up a rip-it mask... I might be the only one in the league who wears one but I would rather be made fun of than screwed by a line drive...

1st Baseman

Addicted to Softballfans
Mask

I wouldn't wear that mask again, why take a chance after that bad experience? I pitch occasonally and wear full gear, lacrosse helmet, heart guard, shin guards, cup and mouthpiece... Yes, I love me and care less what anyone says...

rocketman98

Starting Player
Glad to hear your ok. Looks like a "funny" (i get called that wearing my helmet) investment saved a trip to the doctor.

Jetboy

Part Time Player
Its cracked on the side. I was going to call Worth and see if they could do anything but I doubt it since I cut the straps off and have painted it... Oh well. I've had it for 2.5 years or so. I got my money out of it and it definitely saved my ass last night.

If it saved your ass that means you're wearing it wrong.

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
A shot to the head story that ended well. Get a new one.

Anyone hear how that base ball pitcher who got hit yesterday , is doing?? I remember Kirby Pucket hitting a pitcher once. Not good.

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans

Anyone hear how that base ball pitcher who got hit yesterday , is doing?? I remember Kirby Puckett hitting a pitcher once. Not good.

aztec575

Rec player for life!!

Anyone hear how that base ball pitcher who got hit yesterday , is doing?? I remember Kirby Pucket hitting a pitcher once. Not good.

If I can find my receipt I will be returning this one to Worth. I just have to locate it. In the mean time I will be investing in a new mask this weekend. Well worth the money.

hitman444

Addicted to Softballfans
So glad you're ok. I gotta Combat mask I just need to practice some with it on, as it's a pretty big difference.

DRock88

What's the problem here?
A mask should be required for pitchers. Obviously, that's just my opinion. I've seen some very close calls with even the best, most athletic, and reactive pitchers. I wouldn't mind seeing all infielders wearing a mask either. The bases are pretty damn close, considering how hard and fast batted balls are coming these days.

Glad you're safe.