What makes Vinci Gloves so good? Why All the Hype?

taylor714914

Addicted to Softballfans
So I was pretty much set on getting a Demarini Voodoo Glove, but after reading around a good bit, it seems that the major complaint is that they break in so fast that they get floppy in a few seasons.

It seems everywhere I turn people are raving about Vinci gloves. I've always loved the look of the Nokona gloves and had considered getting one of their Buckaroo 12" models for playing second base, but even when searching for Nokona feedback, Vinci is still there, with everyone raving about it.

So, what makes these gloves so good, why all the hype? I had only planned on spending 100, 115 at the most, but with all the rave reviews, perhaps the extra few bucks is worth it. So, make be a believer!

SukTNutz

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a Demo Diablo and it is a nice glove 3 seasons with it and it is still good.....

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
It's the high quality worksmanship and material. I also believe they are made in the USA, could be wrong though.

machine3

....I got nothin'....
Get one with kip leather. I have the BR45 (actually 2 of them), and it's the best glove I've ever owned...and I've been playing for 27 years!

bbomber4

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a Nokona, Akadema and a Rawlings. I just bought a Vinci and the quality of the leather is much nicer IMO. It's real stiff though. It's going to take a while to get it to be game ready.
You can find Vinci's new for about $160 (depending on the model) spend the extra $50. You will have this glove for a long time to come.

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
^^^^^ this. I have had a couple different Akadema's, Pro Preferred, Heart of the Hide, Mizuno CP, Nokona, etc. The only one that holds a candle for me are the Mizunos.

13obby

Addicted to Softballfans
So I was pretty much set on getting a Demarini Voodoo Glove, but after reading around a good bit, it seems that the major complaint is that they break in so fast that they get floppy in a few seasons.

It seems everywhere I turn people are raving about Vinci gloves. I've always loved the look of the Nokona gloves and had considered getting one of their Buckaroo 12" models for playing second base, but even when searching for Nokona feedback, Vinci is still there, with everyone raving about it.

So, what makes these gloves so good, why all the hype? I had only planned on spending 100, 115 at the most, but with all the rave reviews, perhaps the extra few bucks is worth it. So, make be a believer!

Quality of leather, quality of design (huge pockets), wont get floppy, big selection, balance. And I used to have a Voodoo. If you play a lot, and want a professional grade glove, get the Vinci.

cuban

Addicted to Softballfans
try a vinci and try an A2000 pick the one you like more. i cannot get past the fluffy stuff that vinci uses. i had a few nokona's and they are really only good for a year maybe two before they get floppy, but if that is what you like go with it. my a2k's are playable but still stiff and they didnt take to terribly long to break in to the point i would use them in a game.

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
Nokona and Akadema..........I like Worth.....and Rawlings too...........but of the ones I have tried.....Nokona and Academa are the finest.

But...........everyone's karma will vary..........what may be my gem.....may be the other guys turd........

I have also have three daughters who have played......and have all used the above......the Akadema catchers glove may be a bit heavy for a younger teen........but as they get stronger......they will love it.

Joel

DIRTY 30

LOL, DeMarini makes gloves? Are they made out of A2000 scraps or something? Check out 'The Glove Prostitute Thread'. Get check out some of the real gloves that the board bros have. Just click the link below.

There are about 2,500 other gloves better than the ones DeMarini supposedly makes. Nokona, Rawlings, Wilson, Vinci, Mizuno...all superior.

DIRTY 30

i had a few nokona's and they are really only good for a year maybe two before they get floppy

Did you have the Kangaroo models? Check out Nokonas with old school Buckskin or Grain leather. If you got the coin, go for a Bloodline model. Those take a good 3 months to even break in.

I have a 15 year old Nokona with Buckskin. It is some of the thickest leather I have ever experienced. On cold nights, it even gets stiff again like it was when it was new.

9c45f8b0.jpg

Jubei

Coach
I'll tell you what seperates Vinci from everyone else. Give them a phone call and you will almost be guaranteed to be connected to a VIP of the company, not some hourly wage individual paid to answer the phone. They have A+ customer service in my book. The moment you receive a glove from them the first thing you notice is QUALITY, from the feel to the looks. All these gloves with pre-treated leather to quicken the break-in period for these budget gloves only increases the chances of having that floppy glove. Buy a quality glove and find a sporting good store with a Mizuno Steamer and have it steamed for a quicker break in, you wont regret it.

rightsideswine

Banned User
If you buy a 13" Vinci and don't like it I will buy it from you. I guarantee that wont happen though, regardless of size you will have no desire to sell your glove, have sex with it yes...but sell it, no...

Techwarrior

<font color="#4F94CD">SBF Fund Donor</font>

I have the Demarini Diablo, which is very similar to the Voodoo. While it's a great glove and breaks in nicely it isn't built as well as a Vinci. The Diablo I have has been through 2 years of play and the velcro strap doesn't grasp as nicely as before. The form of the glove isn't as nice anymore.

While the Diablo is still a good glove it just doesn't compare to a Vinci. The Vinci gloves are made of some high quality leather that keeps it's form and fit. Plus the ball really just gets sucked up into the pocket. I found that with my Demarini if it hit the heel or near the wrist the ball would sometimes just pop out. With my Vinci (sorry don't remember model number right now) the ball just sticks. It's sweet. I play outfield/infield and have two Vinci gloves. One is the bigger 14" *I think* and the other is a smaller 12.5" for shortstop.

I would never buy another brand of glove besides Vinci. The price is right too. Their gloves are built to last.

Great products, great customer service!

mrl112

Smarter than you're
Where do you live? I'd be willing to bet there's somebody on here that lives near you with a Vinci, that would be willing to let you check it out before you buy.

Smarkley is a good one to deal with. So is gofisch, he sent me one before I decided on a new glove to check it out. It was brand new, so I didn't play catch with it or anything like that, but I could feel the quality for sure.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD

Vinci ****s demarini and whipes its ass with nakona. Just try one, see how it feels/performs and get back to me.

They are very nice if you have the money, I use a br45 but could get by with a rawlings GG. Just preferance really.

skew12

Vinci ****s demarini and whipes its ass with nakona. Just try one, see how it feels/performs and get back to me.

They are very nice if you have the money, I use a br45 but could get by with a rawlings GG. Just preferance really.

Best answer yet.

spartyfaith

Addicted to Softballfans
seriously find someone on the board near you to check one out, i bought and traded quite a few gloves to try out and see what i liked, different sizes, webs , backs, figured a nice glove lasts 25 yrs.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Vinci

Where are u located bro, we should be able to find a store, rep or customer that can show u one. Once u see and feel it (maybe even use it) u will understand? There is no hype, just a great glove :)
BMB-Lblackused.jpg