What type shoe for comfort and traction

Resin Glazed

The Veteran
Tanel 360 turfs. Although if you play the infield maybe consider the cleats. I use turfs and have no problems running the bases on dirt fields.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
If you want comfort with good traction, than this is what your looking for... Put's the Vigors to shame comfort wise... IJS!
2012080118452479738861.jpg

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
3n2 makes some incredibly comfortable turfs

3n2 for the win....thanks guys

3n2 vote here. I tried playing in some NB trails once. Comfy, absolutely. But didn't feel nearly as agile in them. Maybe it's the fields we play on, but there's no way I'm wearing trail shoes to the park again! 3n2 turfs all the way. SUPER comfy, well priced, wide toe box, and good infield and outfield traction.

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
If you want comfort with good traction, than this is what your looking for... Put's the Vigors to shame comfort wise... IJS!
2012080118452479738861.jpg

Those things are sweet!!! Expensive and probably won't last a full season before the rubber on the sole begins to peel away from the toe, those sweat shop kids just don't put enough glue there.

AshD

Coach
I like the Vigor Trails too. I used to wear Boombah but they were uncomfortable as hell. They were always too wide and my foot would just slide around, but that could be because I'm a girl with small feet. Then I switched to Reebok Zig trail shoes and they just didn't feel right playing ball in. The Vigors are super comfy and I love the grip, especially on the Vigor 2 and 3. I play middle infield and I've never had an issue with grip. Good shoes to wear for ball and for every day use. I'm a PE teacher and I wear them to teach in too

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
I play SS and a tiny bit of outfield. As many have mentioned, the Salamon Speedcross are excellent. I paid $100 for mine, but it was worth it. So far, so good. If I'm going to use expensive gloves and expensive bats I have no problem spending a bit of extra $ on nice shoes. If my feet ache, I'm miserable.

I'm an Asic fan. I tried the lacrosse turfs and liked them. Really liked them. But when it comes to comfort, the Speedcross 3's blow the Asics out of the water. In fact, traction may be a bit better too.

Odog

Addicted to Softballfans
I've had Reebok Zigs, Boombah turfs, Asics Black Heaths, and I think the Saloman Speed Cross are the best for me. Light , durable bottoms and great to run in. I got mine from a friend who manages a store for $69 +tax.

midnight89

Bat Huer
I prefer a mid-length turf to help from rolling ankles. Been using the Mizuno Blast turfs for the past few years and love them. Comfortable, good traction and more durable than the Boombah's I've had over the years (which seem to separate at the heel without fail). I buy a new pair each season and comfortably get 150-160 games out of them.

Hunter4ever89

The Wiley Veteran
adidas vigor 2's! light and comfy! use them for SS and 3B. had them over half the year and no issues. Bought a back up pair cus i love em

Hey saw some turfs being worn at worlds in vegas they had the same bottom trail design as the vigor 2.0 but they were camo colored shoe i know they werent addidas hoping to find out the brand so i can look into them if ne one knows post it

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I remember that too... But I seen them on a couple of Cali players... Must be something out there?

slomaro

Addicted to Softballfans
Adidas vigor

I've always worn cleats and thought it was lame how guys used tennis shoes or turfs but I must say these Adidas vigors get great traction and feel like your wearing a regular shoe. I just wear mine only at the ball park to keep the bottom from getting worn down any faster than it needs to

I'll also add that I cut off the rear heel extension because all it did was scoop and flip dirt up in the my shoe

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
"I just wear mine only at the ball park to keep the bottom from getting worn down any faster than it needs to"

Me too. I don't mind the extra $ (wear Speedcross 3), but I do mind wearing them out earlier than needed. I wear sandals until I'm at the field I am playing on. Sandals on again directly after the game.